Author Topic: Call to Action: Celebrating the 9th Anniversary  (Read 28461 times)

Maressa

• Boss
Call to Action: Celebrating the 9th Anniversary
« on: April 24, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:56:15 PM by TonyV »

Quinch

Re: Celebrating the 9th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 01:33:51 PM »
I'm sold.

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:57:01 PM »
You may want to rethink your hashtag, it's pretty close to the #1reasonwhy tag that's being used to rally against sexism in the games industry in general- being seen as a riff off of that, even unintentionally, would come across in poor taste.

Otherwise this seems like a reasonable thing to try and get rolling for the anniversary.
green hair

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 02:06:59 PM »
I love this.

You may have just talked me into getting a Tweeter account.

Rain Maker

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 03:53:48 PM »
Yup, count me in.

Nilbog

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 05:17:34 PM »
This is cool. I would like to a chance to celebrate CoX rather than mourn it's passing.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 06:07:49 PM »
You may want to rethink your hashtag, it's pretty close to the #1reasonwhy tag that's being used to rally against sexism in the games industry in general- being seen as a riff off of that, even unintentionally, would come across in poor taste.

Otherwise this seems like a reasonable thing to try and get rolling for the anniversary.

Thanks for pointing this out.
I talked to a few people after I read this and feelings on it seemed to be a bit mixed. Some of them agreed with you while others could see where you were coming from but ultimately didn't think it would be a problem. I tend towards the second myself.
Even if we did get confused for the #1reasonwhy campaign I don't think it would really be a bad thing. They're all about promoting a gaming community that includes everyone, no matter their gender, race, or sexual orientation. And the City of Heroes community is the perfect example of that community.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
Re: Call to Action: Celebrating the 9th Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 06:20:14 PM »
Time to open a twitter account! Fantastic idea! Definitely in!

/em holdtorch

Cendwar

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 06:33:02 PM »
I'm on board as well!
Champion Server: Cendwar Dark/EM Tank - Vehement Ragefire SS/FA Brute - Desolation Within Spines/FA Scrapper - General Hoffman AR/Traps Blaster - Thoughtfire Plague FC/PA Dominator - Bash 'n Slash BS/SD Scrapper - Dream Slave - BA/EA Brute

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
I'm in. I made a twitter just for things like this.

Quelkaima

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 03:51:53 AM »
Even if we did get confused for the #1reasonwhy campaign I don't think it would really be a bad thing.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, really. It's not that I'm trying to be obtuse, but we are a video game community built by a deceased title that we're trying to get back online that, admittedly, sounds a bit whiny at times. Confusing us with the much bigger problem of sexism within the games industry isn't a good thing.

Instead, how about #9YearsOf or something like that?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 04:47:46 AM »
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, really. It's not that I'm trying to be obtuse, but we are a video game community built by a deceased title that we're trying to get back online that, admittedly, sounds a bit whiny at times. Confusing us with the much bigger problem of sexism within the games industry isn't a good thing.

Instead, how about #9YearsOf or something like that?
9Reasons can only be confused with 1ReasonWhy by stupid people. (The number AND the letters are different.)

Granted, there are a ton of stupid people out there. :p
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 09:27:33 AM »
I'm in too. Can someone please explain to a Twitter-noob exactly how we go about doing this? In simple terms :)

i.e. "On Friday, click on the X on your twitter page and type stuff then press enter"

Sorry if this is stupid but I have never used Twitter before.

-H

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 10:20:59 AM »
I'm in too. Can someone please explain to a Twitter-noob exactly how we go about doing this? In simple terms :)

i.e. "On Friday, click on the X on your twitter page and type stuff then press enter"

Sorry if this is stupid but I have never used Twitter before.

-H

Twitter is like internet text messaging. You have 140 character (or so) limit.
Hash tags (#) are searchable things. So in the top search box, let's say you type in #SaveCoH you'll see everyone who ever used that hash tag.
You have a Tweet box (top left I believe) - It'll say Tweet. And that's where you type. Don't forget the hash tag. Make it short & sweet because hash tags also count towards your character limit.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »
Make it short & sweet because hash tags also count towards your character limit.

And (not that you'll need it for these tweets, but) if you type in a link, no matter how long the actual address you enter is, Twitter will shorten it to 20 characters.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Quelkaima

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »

Which is exactly why I don't want them to even remotely resemble each other.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 08:07:14 AM »
Today is the day it all begins! Today is all about ways CoH was an innovator in the industry. If you're stuck for a few ideas I know OnRPG has an article on it http://www.onrpg.com/articles/metas-verse-city-of-heroes-innovations/ Massively also did an article on it, I think. But I couldn't tell you for certain. Can't wait to see everyone on Twitter!

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 09:16:18 AM »
9Reasons can only be confused with 1ReasonWhy by stupid people. (The number AND the letters are different.)

Or people looking to be upset. I mean, I'm a giant fan for social justice and stuff, but the only way I could see being offended by them being similar is if the Save CoH movement was actively promoting sexism. But there's people that will get upset at anything.

That said #SaveCoH is a toooon more noticeable and it's already very established, and will show up in searches a lot better, so it's probably the better solution even if you're not worried about hurting anybody's feelings.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 12:06:40 PM »
#9reasons also turns out to be the name of a movie that has/had some twitter marketing. Ah well ( ' :
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:16:51 PM by therain93 »
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 12:14:12 PM »
#9reasons also turns out to be the name of a movie, which happens to have about 16 tweets.  ah well ( ' ;

Yeah, I wasn't too worried about the movie I'd never heard of and barely had any tweets. :P

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »
#9Reasons Innovations - The CoH Enhancement and Invention systems customized primary and secondary power effects  @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - CoH made the mmo holy trinity irrelevant -- buffs/debuffs, control, and pets, oh my! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Costumes were never connected to powers or defense - no more clones! no more arms race! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - 1000s of power combinations encouraged players to roll new alts -> veterans played with new players @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Flight! Battles on the Z-axis @NCSoft #SaveCoH
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quinch

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheQuinch

@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #1: Sidekick system. Yes, six of my teammates are more than twenty levels below me. Why do you ask?
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #2 Separation of appearance and stats. Embrace your individuality!
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #3 I understand the words "free" and "expansion", but they don't make sense in the same sentence.
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #4: Global channels. For when you need to trade bad jokes with three dozen people seven servers away.
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #5: Adaptive difficulty. Mo' teammates mo' villainous punks to slap around.
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #6: Not-so-adaptive difficulty. I wonder if hero corps analysts still got paid after the fine-tuning?
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #7: Mission givers who embraced cutting edge technologies... like cellphones. #someonebuyFaathimaphone
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #8: Architect Entertainment and build-your-own content tools. #LF4firefarm
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #9: CAAAAAAPEEEESSSSSSS!! #yescapes

Imma go collapse now. Today was murder.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 05:01:43 PM »
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #7: Mission givers who embraced cutting edge technologies... like cellphones. #someonebuyFaathimaphone

Don't think the reception is all that great out there. Though for some reason I now see the "Can you hear me now" guy strolling past.

Quinch

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
Maybe I should have changed the tag to #DeadZoneChantry?

Maressa

• Boss

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 06:08:36 PM »
Yay!
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
And more press! http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/26/players-commemorate-city-of-heroes-9th-anniversary/ Though the comments don't seem all that positive so far.

Quinch

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »
Chipped in here.

Steele Magnolia

• Minion
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »
I'm in. I created a Twitter acct awhile back just for Save COH stuff. Day 1 tweet has been sent.

TheDemonHunter

• Underling
  • Base Builder
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 07:35:24 PM »
Posted my #9Reasons just now -- @DHGamerMR
"In my dreams, devil, I soar through a far finer world than this. I dine and dance among graceful goddesses on the other side of the universe, and share home and hearth with heroes. In reality, here -- now -- I'm just another man, in a role I was never meant to play...."

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 09:36:02 PM »
I'm going to discuss this on my blogtalk show tonight, if that's ok. i don't see why it wouldn't be ok though. :)

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 09:39:51 PM »
I'm going to discuss this on my blogtalk show tonight, if that's ok. i don't see why it wouldn't be ok though. :)

Absolutely! The more people hear about it, hopefully the more people join us. We're all about people joining in! Speaking of which! We've got an event on Facebook going. Join us! http://www.facebook.com/events/367313333389149/

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 10:33:45 PM »
Heck of an idea.  I'm on board Maressa

Heliphyneau

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2013, 12:22:12 AM »
Just posted ten tweets about #9Reasons.  I figured each item deserved some explanation, and 140 characters just ain't enough.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2013, 03:19:17 AM »
#9Reasons Innovations - The CoH Enhancement and Invention systems customized primary and secondary power effects  @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - CoH made the mmo holy trinity irrelevant -- buffs/debuffs, control, and pets, oh my! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Costumes were never connected to powers or defense - no more clones! no more arms race! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - 1000s of power combinations encouraged players to roll new alts -> veterans played with new players @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Flight! Battles on the Z-axis @NCSoft #SaveCoH
That pesky work interrupted me....

#9Reasons Innovations - Badges and accolades - who'da thunk? @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Super-sidekicking - players shift to the mission holder's level @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Flashback system - playing content you technically "outleveled" @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Character Description box- empowering players to write their own toon's story @NCSoft #SaveCoH

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2013, 05:02:43 AM »
Loved your post. I don't have a Twitter account, but I kicked off the celebration but wrote this: http://scholar-k-hobbit.deviantart.com/art/Bittersweet-Happy-Anniversary-CoH-368045576?q=gallery%3Ascholar-k-hobbit&qo=0. I think it summarized all the feelings I am going through. :/

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2013, 07:24:47 AM »
I'm in!

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »
Day two everyone! Today it is all about the favorite task forces/missions we can't play anymore. Don't forget to use all those tags and keep up the great work. I just read an article which mentions us a lot though it isn't strictly about City of Heroes. Have a read if you have the time. It could make for a very interesting conversation. http://www.onrpg.com/articles/editorial/camelot-unchained-the-final-countdown-for-a-kickstarter-and-an-industry/

#9Reasons #SaveCoH @NCSoft

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2013, 01:20:36 PM »
First 5 -- remaining to come this evening:

#9reasons Favorite Missions - Time's Arrow aka Imperious Task Force - Fighting in the Valley against 100s of mobs!  @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9reasons Favorite Missions - Who Will Die? - The Death of Statesman  http://youtu.be/WfQoD0_YrTc @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9reasons Favorite Missions - Statesman's Taskforce - Fighting the 4 Villiain Patrons of Lord Recluse @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9reasons Favorite Missions - Operation Destiny - The goal of every villain, to be *the* destined one @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9reasons Favorite Missions - Power Overwhelming aka Mender Ramiel's SA - Traveling forward in time to a ruined Ouroboros @NCSoft #SaveCoH

Ad_Astra

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2013, 02:18:22 PM »
#9reasons Favorite Missions - All of them as long as I can run w/the Saturday TF crew - Miss you guys! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

Sadly too true today :(

Randomvector

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2013, 04:22:05 PM »
Misread todays topic and just posted my favourite task forces and trials. Way too many great missions for only 9.
Enjoying reading other peoples posts as well :)

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »

TheDemonHunter

• Underling
  • Base Builder
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2013, 06:41:34 PM »
Posting 9 tweets of my fave TFs/Mishes momentarily
"In my dreams, devil, I soar through a far finer world than this. I dine and dance among graceful goddesses on the other side of the universe, and share home and hearth with heroes. In reality, here -- now -- I'm just another man, in a role I was never meant to play...."

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2013, 08:51:26 PM »
I did todays, but I decided to only do TFs.

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 01:15:10 PM »
From @VonKrieger

#9reasons Zones - 1. Rikti War Zone, I miss spending my Mnday evenings blasting the bajeezus out of Rikti scum. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Zones, Dark Astoria: Walking past the game's top tier heroes and villains as your Incarnate goes to fights a god @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Zones, First Ward: the destruction that the Hamidon is capable of creating, if Primal Earth would quit farming it @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Zones, The Hive: Some people fear their scientific abominations, Primal Earth farms ours to boost their powers. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Zones, Ouroburos: A coimpletionist's dream; time travel & running every single mission that you might've missed. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Zones, Cimerora: "You seven take out the big guy. I'll handle his 300 best friends." My favorite TF ever. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Zones, Cap au Diable: Mad science, an imprisoned demon power plant, great transport hub, & a bastion of commerce! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Zones, Atlas Park: Iconic theme music! Costume contests! Pretty and strong! The gathering place for blueside! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Zones, Moon Base: We could have finally had this, at long last! But you maniacs! You blew it all up! @NCSoft sucks. #SaveCoH

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 01:32:38 PM »
First 5 zones needing saving....

#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Atlas Park - All of those Hellions, Vahzilok and Clockwork running around unchecked @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Croatoa - Cabal, Fir Bolgs, Red Caps, Tuatha de Dannan, Ghosts and DEs! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Cimerora - THe Midnighters tell us that Romulus and his traitors are seizing control! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Rikti War Zone - Undisturbed, U'Kon Gr'ai has been able to rebuild Rikti Portal Tech @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - The Hive and the entire Primal Dimension - Whose left to turn back Hamidon and his DEs? @NCSoft #SaveCoH

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
Ironically, earlier this week, had an invite to celebrate the 9th anniversary of Lineage II! Angers me!

TheDemonHunter

• Underling
  • Base Builder
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2013, 06:33:16 PM »
Put the nine zones for today in one tweet

Heliphyneau

• Underling
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2013, 06:47:25 PM »
Posted today:

#9Reasons #CoH Which zone needs saving? ALL of them, from @NCSoft. For the 9th anniversary, please save #CityofHeroes. #SaveCoH #SellCoH

Quinch

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 06:51:28 PM »
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving #9 - Troll tunnels. Because even bad guys need a zone where nobody ever hassles them.
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving #8 - the Shadow Shard. Watching the Chantry bombardment from miles away never gets old.
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving #7 - Eden, the formerly sprawling neighborhood replaced by sprawling wilderness of Hamidon's creations.
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving #6 - Night Ward. Limbo is a popular theme, but it's rarely portrayed with just the right amount of off.
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving #5 - Striga Isle. Because volcano lairs. What else do you need me to say?
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving #4 - Talos island, for looking beautiful at dusk. pic.twitter.com/ij4w40z2yW
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving #3 - Croatoa. The stomping grounds of giant elks, walking pumpkins and lawn gnomes from hell.
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving #2 - Praetorian tunnels. So easy to get lost in, and find those who chose to be lost - or who didn't.
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving #1 - Atlas Park. The thirty-third instance.

Randomvector

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 11:18:42 PM »
Loving all the #9reasons posts. Nice to see lots of new posters as well. Restores my hope for a return one day.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 02:33:59 AM »
First 5 zones needing saving....

#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Atlas Park - All of those Hellions, Vahzilok and Clockwork running around unchecked @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Croatoa - Cabal, Fir Bolgs, Red Caps, Tuatha de Dannan, Ghosts and DEs! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Cimerora - THe Midnighters tell us that Romulus and his traitors are seizing control! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Rikti War Zone - Undisturbed, U'Kon Gr'ai has been able to rebuild Rikti Portal Tech @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - The Hive and the entire Primal Dimension - Whose left to turn back Hamidon and his DEs? @NCSoft #SaveCoH

Other 4

#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Dark Astoria - Mot's final bindings surely have broken by now @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Kallisti Wharf - Never once saved because we never saw I24 @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons City Zones Needing Saving - Nova Praetoria and Imperial City - Loyalists and Resistance agree - save Praetoria! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

Von Krieger

• Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »
#9reasons Plots, We never got to catch a glimpse of the true Praetorian Hamidon, only his minions. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Plots, The Rikti Nemesis Plot: The Rikti War has never been brought to a conclusion. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Plots, Mender Silos: He's Nemesis, but we're only given a few minor hints as to things, and nothing concrete. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Plots, The Shivans: What exactly are they? What is there purpose as lead elements for the Battalion? @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Plots, Battalion: Who are they? What are they? I want to kick the crap out of them, cuz I <3 Khledians. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Plots, Rularuu, Sealed, multiple personality disorder sealed evil in a can. I wanted Rularuu armor pieces, dammit @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Plots, DIY Supervillainy: I've made my own clone army, I've stolen artifacts of power, I want my doomsday device! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Plots, Future Self: OMGWTFHAX level Incarnate power, and how does Frostfire tie into all of it? @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Plots, The Leviathan: Punching out Mot wasn't enough. I want to beat the snot out of the friggin World Serpent. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 08:29:38 PM »
Look I know I'm  derp but I never used Twitter is there anything I can still do for this?

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 10:57:52 PM »
This is my City. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This City is my best friend. I must master it, as I must master my life.

My City, without me, is useless. Without my City, I am useless. I must serve my City true, I must fight harder than my enemy who is trying to undo us. I must undo him before he undoes us. I will...

My City and I know that what counts in this struggle is not the fists that we throw, the noise of our blasts, or the holds we employ. We know that it is the actions that count. We will act...

My City is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its costumes, its enhancements, its maps and its community. I will keep my City safe and ready, even as I am safe and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before $Deity, I swear this creed. My City and I are the defenders of my people. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the heroes of our lives.

So be it, until victory is Paragon's and there is no enemy, but peace!

With apologies to the Rifleman's Creed and the USMC, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CITY! WE LOVE YOU! YOU WILL LIVE AGAIN!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Quinch

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2013, 02:33:16 AM »
Together we fight, united by a bond -
A bond of courage,
A bond of daring,
A bond of friendship
Without my sidekick I am nothing.
Without me my sidekick is nothing.
Only together can we achieve
What our cause has called us to complete
For our beliefs we fight
Against the menace that has risen.
My sidekick is my guardian,
And I am my sidekick's guardian.
With my sidekick by my side,
I will not fear death or destruction,
I will not feel the eyes of hate resting upon us.
I will fly to my cause strong and true,
Never doubting that my sidekick is there to protect me.

God, I'm so old.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:46:56 AM by Quinch »

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2013, 04:11:55 AM »
#9Reasons - Unresolved plots - The Coming Storm, the Battlion Invasion, Oroborous destroyed in another timeline? @NCsoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons - Unresolved plots - Lord Recluse, could you have been redeemed? @NCsoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons - Unresolved plots - Would Desperate Guy ever get his date with Turndown Girl? @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons - Unresolved plots - Mender Silos, would we ever know your story? @NCsoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons - Unresolved plots - What would life be like for the New Praetorians? @NCsoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons - Unresolved plots - Who exactly was Lady Grey? @NCsoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons - Unresolved plots - What drove the Clockwork King's infatuation for Penelope Yin? @NCsoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons - Unresolved plots - Would Hero 1 aka the Honoree ever have been cured? Did other Omega Team members "survive"? @NCsoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons - Unresolved plots - Tampering versus mending : Midnighters versus Orborous? @NCsoft #SaveCoH

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2013, 04:50:42 AM »
Look I know I'm  derp but I never used Twitter is there anything I can still do for this?
We're only a few days into this so far.  If you still want to join in, you can pick up with the Day 5 theme and tweet 9 in-game events that can't go on without heroes (or villains).

Just start the tweet (or tweets) with "#9Reasons" and it'll show up in any searches for that hashtag.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Von Krieger

• Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2013, 04:47:13 PM »
#9reasons Events, Zombie Apocalypse: Walking through a zone and then suddenly random zombies! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Events, Rikti Invasion: Walking through a zone and then suddenly random aliens! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Events, DEV HAX! Walking through a zone and then suddenly random Hamidon! Random Rularuu! Random archvillains! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Events, Weekly Task Forces: Such fun and innovative ways to coax folks into doing older content. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Events, Holidays; New holiday related things just about every year, as well as the stuff from yesteryear! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Events, Summer Blockbuster! What movies would we have had this summer? A fiery cop who burns for JUSTICE! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Events, Mothership Raids; Dozens upon dozens of aliens packed into a small area, brute heaven! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Events, Themed Superteams: When we discover just how badly 8 of anything can bend the game over a barrel. @NCSoft #SaveCoH

#9reasons Events, Weekly Dev Chat: A weekly talk about what's going on in the game this week, hats, lolcats, and TANGENTS! @NCSoft #SaveCoH

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2013, 04:59:41 AM »
Apparently, the NCsoft West Facebook page has deleted all the "happy 9th anniversary CoH" messages that have been posted there in the past couple of days.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Quinch

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2013, 05:06:10 AM »
Well, dip me in a bucket of electric blue and color me shocked.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2013, 08:14:58 PM »
Well, dip me in a bucket of electric blue and color me shocked.

And, in related news, the Pacific Ocean has been discovered to be wet, rocks have been found to fall to the ground if you let go of them, and politicians are known to have broken campaign promises.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
Apparently, the NCsoft West Facebook page has deleted all the "happy 9th anniversary CoH" messages that have been posted there in the past couple of days.

Of course they did! Another brilliant move from the company that cares about its customers! (I think I know what the problem is....)

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2013, 08:33:01 PM »
LOL! Any idea where that originated.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2013, 08:43:45 PM »
I am assuming it's an official portrait of the CEO....here is his head Xray     LOL
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Fifth

• Underling
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »
NCSoft CEO you are a horrible person, you make Recluse look like a saint.

Repost of my tweets for today, I was able to condense my sizable list of favorite NPCs into 12....I can't go any lower I'm sorry. I might retweet with a smaller list to keep with the 9reasons theme sorry.

#9Reasons Arbitor Sands, Scirroco (may he find the redemption he sought), Hero 1, Tyrant, Antimatter, Mr. G (slimy bastard I'll miss you),
#9Reasons Malaise, Null the Gull, Aaron Walker, Dr. Quantum
#9Reasons might place Mr. G at #11 spot and put Maelstrom in #6
#9Reasons #12 Countess Crey.... I went 3 over XD

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2013, 10:30:08 PM »
I notice your list doesn't include Dillo. All lists need Dillo.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2013, 03:41:43 AM »
#9Reasons -Favorite NPCs- Mirror Spirit @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons -Favorite NPCs- Hero 1 aka the Honoree @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons -Favorite NPCs- Dillo makes air sounds at you in greeting! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons -Favorite NPCs- Blue Steel @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons -Favorite NPCs- Tunnel Rat @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons -Favorite NPCs- Emperor Cole @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons -Favorite NPCs- Scirocco @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons -Favorite NPCs- Ghost Widow @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons -Favorite NPCs- Lord Nemesis @NCSoft #SaveCoH @Nemesis_CoH