Author Topic: I miss just being able to log into the city  (Read 15542 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
I miss just being able to log into the city
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »
Many times I would just log in a hero, most times a 50 healer or buffer and just log in, not to do missions or TF's or anything but just to bum around. Maybe fool around in icon a bit, stand around in a noob zone or the sewers boosting or healing to help people out. Or just to chat.

Paragon became almost real to me.

The first few months I kept checking my map all the time. After a while I got to know most of the zones like my own neighborhood and knew where stuff was and all the shortcuts and everything.

Even when I would take a long break, I always had to come back.

But now there is nothing to come back too.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
Re: I miss just being able to log into the city
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 09:02:58 PM »
I know what you mean. Sometimes I took WEEKS at a time off from the game, but then came back and played with a fervor that was unseen by all of man (slight hyperbole there, I'll admit).

And I loved bumming around. I had favorite spots. I liked to run through the Hollows and  see how high I could go in Steel Canyon (learned to do that when I wanted to safely go to Icon). I parked it in the donut that was in Faultline more times than I could count. And Croatoa was a wonderful bumming place too. I liked to hang out with Sally. And of course Atlas Plaza.

Where were your favorite places to hang out? Did you have a list of places that you just couldn't resist visiting? Or did you just go everywhere?
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 12:20:00 AM »
I miss just flying around and looking at things... I knew the zones really well after a few years of doing that.

I think I miss the Shard and Saint Martial most of all.  :(
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 12:39:56 AM »

Paragon became almost real to me...

Even when I would take a long break, I always had to come back.

But now there is nothing to come back too.

I felt that Paragon was as real as the city I live in. I knew it's streets, it's back alleys, its secrets--it was my virtual home. I could go there to release stress and work out problems... and even when I needed breaks, I felt it'd always be there.--I took it for granted. And now, I think, that is my biggest regret of all. August was so busy, I barely logged in. I just thought "oh, I'll log more in September when things die down--there's plenty of time". And then... there wasn't. It never occurred to me until the final moment when that hateful message appeared that the servers /could/ go dark. Then it was all too real. :(

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 12:47:27 AM »
I felt that Paragon was as real as the city I live in. I knew it's streets, it's back alleys, its secrets--it was my virtual home. I could go there to release stress and work out problems... and even when I needed breaks, I felt it'd always be there.--I took it for granted. And now, I think, that is my biggest regret of all. August was so busy, I barely logged in. I just thought "oh, I'll log more in September when things die down--there's plenty of time". And then... there wasn't. It never occurred to me until the final moment when that hateful message appeared that the servers /could/ go dark. Then it was all too real. :(

I definitely felt like I took it for granted. Missing the finale is something I still regret. I got to a point though where I logged so much time where I knew the zones backwards - especially the earlier zones. I just didn't get as much familiarity with the later zones. Again, I wish I had. But the hours I spent hunting for all the exploration badges, and the pride I felt when I found the "Easter Egg" badge in Faultline, will stay with me forever. I don't live in a big city, but Paragon was a pretty incredible immersion experience for me (even if it wasn't a real city). I was the same way with it - it was how I dealt with my problems. Nothing like "going. hunting. killing skuls." to help iron out some of my personal problems. And now I've got the biggest personal dilemma of all - I don't have City of Heroes and I can't wander through Paragon aimlessly - and I can't log onto CoH to help me deal with the problem!

Were you able to get on for the finale event? I hope you logged some hours in the last months too

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 03:00:21 AM »
Today I really miss CoH. My dad passed away today, and all I want to play is CoH. Not to do missions, but to sit on the railing of the big tanker ships and watch the sunset over Independence Port.

Independence Port and Kings Row...those were my neighborhoods.

I've tried other games...outside Nagrand from World of WarCraft, no other MMO has a zone that envokes that "sit and stare" reaction in me.
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 03:46:12 AM »
I am truly sorry about your Father passing away.
I don't have a good picture of Tanker ship with railing.
However, I did find a nice screen shot of Jupitor Mining Corp a.k.a. the SG I joined.
We had a rest area that I was found of. The SG designer somehow simulated 'water' and created a Zen pond.

I was struck by the nice Japanese looking lamps, water; kind of our fortress of solitude..

I post this as a tribute; a lighted candle Tonight for your Dad. I hope this helps you to relax....a little.
We're here for you.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 03:48:47 AM »
Today I really miss CoH. My dad passed away today, and all I want to play is CoH. Not to do missions, but to sit on the railing of the big tanker ships and watch the sunset over Independence Port.

*hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss.

I know how you feel about wanting to log in at a time like this. About a year and a half ago my Mom passed, and I was so incredibly fortunate to have the City, because it was the only place I wanted to be for a long time. I do have a pretty big family but I'm not very close to most of them. The City felt more like home and family than they did. I'm sorry you can't log in, but for what it's worth, you've got us.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 03:52:42 AM »

I've tried other games...outside Nagrand from World of WarCraft, no other MMO has a zone that envokes that "sit and stare" reaction in me.

Rust, I am so so sorry for your loss :( I cannot even imagine what you must be going through. I know how important being able to log in was for me in difficult times (death of my grandfather and cousin). Steel Canyon and the Hollows for me.

It may or may not help but I know the music for Independence Port and stuff are on youtube.

Once more I am so sorry for your loss - this must be a difficult time for you. Know that I am (and I am sure all of us are) here for you.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 03:57:15 AM »
Another picture for you that could help. It's not the tanker railing, but it's the best I could find.

Gorgeous panorama of Atlas Park. I've had it for a while. I didn't take the pic but I can't recall where I got it.

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 03:59:23 AM »
Bless you guys, and thanks.

I didn't mean for this thread to get derailed over my problems. That is a great shot of Atlas Park, though.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 04:04:23 AM »
No no I don't see it as a derailment! The topic is about how much we miss just logging in and wandering around - a major and tragic event has happened in your life, it makes sense that the first thing you think is "I really want to go onto CoH"

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 04:59:00 AM »
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »

I forgot to mention, Rust: the main character of my CoH fanfiction lives in King's Row, in an apartment that has a view of Freedom Plaza with the giant coin thingy. Thought you might find that an interesting/fun tidbit :)

Hope you're doing okay today

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 01:57:42 PM »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 09:17:36 PM »
And a *hug* for you too. I'm sorry for your loss.

Have you tried loading up a demo record of your favorite zone? Press F2 and you can disengage the camera and go free-flying. It's not the same (there's no sound, you can float through things, and the only mobs are the ones that got recorded in the demo) but I find it'll do in a pinch. Worth a try if you haven't checked it out.

For anyone who wants to try it, Codewalker made a great program for flying around faster, and Megajoule put up a .zip of nearly all the zones. They can both be found on page 1 of this thread in the Multimedia -> Demo Recording section:
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5623.0.html

And how to play back a demo is explained here: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Demo_recording

I have tried this with the few toons I had saved costumes for. The Codebreaker thing is simple, but makes it easy. I never did demos and sadly have nothing saved however just to be able to at least pan around some of the zones, even without sound or activity, its still better then nothing.

And with the Icon program, I can at least recreate the heroes I didn't have saved costume files for.

I also used piggviewer and a converter to get most of the in game music and a lot of the main sound effects like leveling up, endurance dropping to zero and others, just to listen to them.

I keep my fingers crossed someone can come up with something that may let us log in locally on out own PC and at least be able to walk around and use powers even though we would be alone. At least it would be progress.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 09:43:52 PM »
Ahhh I keep meaning to do this! Are the demos pre-recorded or do you have to already have them? I lost all my recorded videos...

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 12:28:02 AM »
I definitely felt like I took it for granted. Missing the finale is something I still regret. I got to a point though where I logged so much time where I knew the zones backwards - especially the earlier zones. I just didn't get as much familiarity with the later zones. Again, I wish I had. But the hours I spent hunting for all the exploration badges, and the pride I felt when I found the "Easter Egg" badge in Faultline, will stay with me forever. I don't live in a big city, but Paragon was a pretty incredible immersion experience for me (even if it wasn't a real city). I was the same way with it - it was how I dealt with my problems. Nothing like "going. hunting. killing skuls." to help iron out some of my personal problems. And now I've got the biggest personal dilemma of all - I don't have City of Heroes and I can't wander through Paragon aimlessly - and I can't log onto CoH to help me deal with the problem!

Were you able to get on for the finale event? I hope you logged some hours in the last months too

I was. In fact, it's a sad/funny story. I uninstalled the game on Sunday night after deleting my last character--who was also my first. I had cried so hard the screen blurred, and I was determined not to leave anyone behind. All Monday I couldn't stop thinking about it--knowing it was still there one last week. So I downloaded and reinstalled Monday. Made two new characters. I know they're probably wiped--but they were my gift to the city. They were Hope (Blue: http://scholar-k-hobbit.deviantart.com/art/Undying-Light-of-Victory-340121025?q=gallery%3Ascholar-k-hobbit%2F35246976&qo=5) and Memory (Red: http://scholar-k-hobbit.deviantart.com/art/Reminiscence-of-Victory-340605664?q=gallery%3Ascholar-k-hobbit%2F35246976&qo=1). It was my way of keeping a part of me with the City (or I guess you could say a part of me that went dark with the servers). I played all week and the last day I logged Memory in the base reside and spent the final hours with Hope holding a torch in Atlas. I didn't log as much time those final months, but to be honest, it would never have been enough time. I was playing Skyfall by the request of a friend (we were having our own personal LAN party) and she sat her toon in our hero base to wait while I waited where I started the game. This was the last thing I saw: http://scholar-k-hobbit.deviantart.com/art/The-Final-Nightfall-340606149?q=gallery%3Ascholar-k-hobbit%2F15725341&qo=24. What really hit me was watching the day turn into night, and realizing that it was Paragon's last nightfall--and that there would be no dawn. That's when I started crying. But... I don't regret it. It was a good send off.

Rust, I am sorry to hear about your father. :/ We are sending positive thoughts and prayers to you in this hard time.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 02:10:32 AM »
I was. In fact, it's a sad/funny story. I uninstalled the game on Sunday night after deleting my last character--who was also my first. I had cried so hard the screen blurred, and I was determined not to leave anyone behind. All Monday I couldn't stop thinking about it--knowing it was still there one last week. So I downloaded and reinstalled Monday. Made two new characters. I know they're probably wiped--but they were my gift to the city. They were Hope (Blue: http://scholar-k-hobbit.deviantart.com/art/Undying-Light-of-Victory-340121025?q=gallery%3Ascholar-k-hobbit%2F35246976&qo=5) and Memory (Red: http://scholar-k-hobbit.deviantart.com/art/Reminiscence-of-Victory-340605664?q=gallery%3Ascholar-k-hobbit%2F35246976&qo=1). It was my way of keeping a part of me with the City (or I guess you could say a part of me that went dark with the servers). I played all week and the last day I logged Memory in the base reside and spent the final hours with Hope holding a torch in Atlas. I didn't log as much time those final months, but to be honest, it would never have been enough time. I was playing Skyfall by the request of a friend (we were having our own personal LAN party) and she sat her toon in our hero base to wait while I waited where I started the game. This was the last thing I saw: http://scholar-k-hobbit.deviantart.com/art/The-Final-Nightfall-340606149?q=gallery%3Ascholar-k-hobbit%2F15725341&qo=24. What really hit me was watching the day turn into night, and realizing that it was Paragon's last nightfall--and that there would be no dawn. That's when I started crying. But... I don't regret it. It was a good send off.

Rust, I am sorry to hear about your father. :/ We are sending positive thoughts and prayers to you in this hard time.

I couldn't log as much time as I would have liked in the end either. At first it was because it was really painful to log on. Then I came back and played fervently but, well, life got in the way a bit. I did take Safehouse over to Atlas to hold the torch more than a few times, even if I wasn't at the end.

PS that nightfall picture made me so sad.

For some reason it's only lately that I've cried a lot about CoH. I was strangely numb about it in the months around the closure. Then after it closed I kind of kept moving on with my life. Then, all of a sudden, I was (and am) devastated by the loss. The music, Paragon Wiki and my fanfic have become a bit of an obsession of mine lately. I've used Icon a few times but each time I've started crying haha.

OH, btw I totally just followed you on deviantart. Jus' sayin' if you see A-S-Thombarr on your watchers' list that's me :)

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 03:20:58 AM »
I logged on during the final day, even bought supplies and such determined to stick it out to the end, but ultimately within thirty minutes I logged out. I'd said my goodbyes. I logged on with each of my characters, snapped a few parting screens, logged out, and then uninstalled the game.

...before grabbing the final screens.

*Facepalm*

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »
Ahhh I keep meaning to do this! Are the demos pre-recorded or do you have to already have them? I lost all my recorded videos...

You need to have the demo records in order to play them, but that's what's in that zip file Megajoule put up. You can use those to float around most of the zones (there's a couple missing but 95% of them are there).

There are also people working on making their own brand new demo records through the magic of programming. That is not a magic I know, but if you look around or ask in the demo recording section of the forums, there's more info there.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
You need to have the demo records in order to play them, but that's what's in that zip file Megajoule put up. You can use those to float around most of the zones (there's a couple missing but 95% of them are there).

There are also people working on making their own brand new demo records through the magic of programming. That is not a magic I know, but if you look around or ask in the demo recording section of the forums, there's more info there.

I'm doin it. I desperately want to see the zones, even if it's just 95% of them. What a great thing to have available though! Screenshots and demos of all of the zones!

I'm curious about how they can make new demos.

And have you heard of the SEGS project?

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 04:03:09 PM »
I logged on during the final day, even bought supplies and such determined to stick it out to the end, but ultimately within thirty minutes I logged out. I'd said my goodbyes. I logged on with each of my characters, snapped a few parting screens, logged out, and then uninstalled the game.

...before grabbing the final screens.

*Facepalm*

Hey, Rust, I'm not sure if you downloaded the demos yet BUT if you go to YouTube and search "paragon city tours" you can find a series of videos for every. Single. Zone including kings row and independence port. The videos include the music and ambience. Found them today and watching them at work :)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »
I'm curious about how they can make new demos.

Go to the demo recording section ( http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/board,167.0.html ). Look around in there, and ask some questions. That should tell you what you'll need to start making your own. Those people are wizards, I swear.

And have you heard of the SEGS project?

Yes and it sounds fantastic. I haven't had a chance to test it out though, sadly. I'd love to... in fact I'd love to be able to dig in and help root out bugs and such, too... but my schedule's kind of flaky. I can get called away to go deal with something in the house here at any moment, and I never know if it will take two minutes or twenty. I just don't feel right volunteering for something when I can't be sure I can actually give them my time.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 04:40:23 AM »

I couldn't log as much time as I would have liked in the end either. At first it was because it was really painful to log on. Then I came back and played fervently but, well, life got in the way a bit. I did take Safehouse over to Atlas to hold the torch more than a few times, even if I wasn't at the end.

PS that nightfall picture made me so sad.

For some reason it's only lately that I've cried a lot about CoH. I was strangely numb about it in the months around the closure. Then after it closed I kind of kept moving on with my life. Then, all of a sudden, I was (and am) devastated by the loss. The music, Paragon Wiki and my fanfic have become a bit of an obsession of mine lately. I've used Icon a few times but each time I've started crying haha.

OH, btw I totally just followed you on deviantart. Jus' sayin' if you see A-S-Thombarr on your watchers' list that's me :)

Ah! You're A-S Thombarr! :D I am always happy to see new Watchers, especially those who know City of. But I really like it when I can put two and two together. :D And having multiple social networks is really cool. In terms of missing CoH, I go in phases. I always seem to think about it and miss it, but some days are worse than others. Usually on a super bad day or if I'm stressed I get weepy over it. Some days I get really low and feel like there's no hope. Then other days I can take it in stride and have that small, quiet hope. It's one of the reasons I love the DA groups on CoH (which was actually how I found out about it closing... that was a real downer) and this Forum. I find that ICON is hard, especially with my favorites because I can't go that extra step to run around in game and use them.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »
Ah! You're A-S Thombarr! :D I am always happy to see new Watchers, especially those who know City of. But I really like it when I can put two and two together. :D And having multiple social networks is really cool. In terms of missing CoH, I go in phases. I always seem to think about it and miss it, but some days are worse than others. Usually on a super bad day or if I'm stressed I get weepy over it. Some days I get really low and feel like there's no hope. Then other days I can take it in stride and have that small, quiet hope. It's one of the reasons I love the DA groups on CoH (which was actually how I found out about it closing... that was a real downer) and this Forum. I find that ICON is hard, especially with my favorites because I can't go that extra step to run around in game and use them.

Yup the past two weeks for me have been really hard. To my surprise I didn't really think about CoH/V/GR for a while following its closure. I bottled it up and then it all came out in one big, awful wave, last week. Actually, trying out ICON triggered it. I went the extra step and tried to log on and when it said "servers are busy" it struck me and I melted down haha. There is the SEGS project, which I'm following, but mostly I'm trying to move on with life, to little success.

And yep! That's me!

MWDarkAge

• Underling
  • I AM THE LAW!
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 03:09:42 PM »
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:59:30 PM by MWDarkAge »

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 03:29:25 PM »
*serious eye-crossage*

tl;dr - Good story, but carriage returns are your friends.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 03:40:32 PM »
Sadly I only have a few screenshots and memories

Well, it's not the entire city back, but have you looked into Icon? Here's the thread for it.

So far, Codewalker's been able to let us use the character creator, then log into the city and run or fly around. The latest patch even put most of the contact NPCs in their proper places. We can summon NPCs wherever we like, and we can use emotes on them or ourselves (through things called MOVs, the Wiki page has full instructions), as well as load costumes onto them or ourselves. Heck, we can even roam around AS the NPCs.

It's not the same, but it's a heck of a lot better than a big gaping void. If nothing else, it's great for screenshots you didn't get the chance to take.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 03:43:10 PM »
tl;dr - Good story, but carriage returns are your friends.

I can totally understand. Sometimes, you just have to get it out. I've even left out punctuation, but I went back after it was all down and stuck that stuff in. I think this was pretty emotional for him/her to get through.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

MWDarkAge

• Underling
  • I AM THE LAW!
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »
It looked fine when I typed it in WORD  ;)

I guess cut-n-paste wasn't the way to go.

Sorry for the eyesore, but it was a bit emotional (still is) and
a form of impromptu therapy.

About ICON... The newest update where there are some
NPC's and Ms. Liberty might have been what brought on
this nostalgia.

BUT as always you former players are truly understanding and
wonderful for the support.

Thanks!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 09:02:02 PM »
I think you should still have an "Edit" or "Modify" link, if you like. I thought it gave it a "breathless" feel in reading it.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 11:24:04 PM »
Sorry for the eyesore, but it was a bit emotional (still is) and
a form of impromptu therapy.

About ICON... The newest update where there are some
NPC's and Ms. Liberty might have been what brought on
this nostalgia.

Ahhh, gotcha... yep I think most of us know that feeling. Icon, while wicked awesome, can really poke a stick into the feels sometimes.

Here, have some moral support and stuff.  :D

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2013, 02:47:04 AM »
Hey, Rust, I'm not sure if you downloaded the demos yet BUT if you go to YouTube and search "paragon city tours" you can find a series of videos for every. Single. Zone including kings row and independence port. The videos include the music and ambience. Found them today and watching them at work :)

I don't cry. I have not cried since about 1990. I don't know why not. Sometimes I remember what it feels like.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2013, 03:27:59 AM »
I don't cry. I have not cried since about 1990. I don't know why not. Sometimes I remember what it feels like.

I was like that. Then my son was born. I'm not saying I've cried since then, but there've been some near misses...

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 04:46:19 AM »
Guys. Just want to say - keep your hopes up. Between the various efforts of SEGS and other parties, I have little to no doubt that before too long we'll all be able to meet up in Paragon City.

There is an old Jewish tradition started during the diaspora before the founding of Israel in the 40s.

Jewish families would toast at certain occasions (such as Hanukkah or Passover) with the phrase "Next year in Jerusalem!"

Well - I propose a toast - "Next Christmas in the Ski Chalet!"  ;D

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2013, 04:54:58 AM »
/em raises a glass.  "Next Christmas in the Ski Chalet!"
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 05:42:12 AM »
Next Christmas in the Ski Chalet!

/em raises a glass (of milk--Cap doesn't drink!)

(OOC, I'll take a cold bottle of Guinness, please. ;))

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2013, 01:24:17 PM »
Next year in the Ski Chalet!
/em raise a pint of Guinness

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »
*raises a Crown and Seven*

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2013, 12:25:00 AM »
*Diet Soda*

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2013, 01:15:39 AM »
Anyway, I started playing City in the very beginning. I was in
Walmart one day in May of 2004 and saw a cool looking game on
the shelf.
Reminds me of getting CoV at Walmart to add the extra toon slots to the servers. I paid $10 for it, and it came with a free month's play, so they essentially paid me $5 to install CoV. I love that.

My first character was on Infinity. She was
a Katana wielding Scrapper with Regeneration called Emerald
Blade.
My female Katana/Regen, on Protector, was Jade Katana. Eerie parallel.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2013, 01:16:42 AM »
*blue frozen Otterpop here*

Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2013, 01:37:29 PM »
Reminds me of getting CoV at Walmart to add the extra toon slots to the servers. I paid $10 for it, and it came with a free month's play, so they essentially paid me $5 to install CoV. I love that.
My female Katana/Regen, on Protector, was Jade Katana. Eerie parallel.

I used to see all the adverts in comics books but never thought about buying it since at the time I thought MMO's were filled with annoying people who like to gang up on new players.

But one day in May 2004 I was in CompUSA and saw the box on the shelf and read the back and thought - 'well why not'. And 8 years later I am glad I did get it that day.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2013, 04:38:35 AM »

/em raise a crystal glass of Evermead.  :)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2013, 07:08:51 AM »
/em raise a Canadian Club on the rocks

Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2013, 07:42:55 AM »
*raises pint of Somersby*

Next christmas in the Ski Chalet!
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
Next year, in the Ski Chalet.

*Raises Glass of Water*

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2013, 11:15:41 AM »
*Record screech*

Really, dude? Water...? ???  :o

;D

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2013, 05:35:05 PM »
I too just miss logging in . if I had it all over to do I would never left and went to champions online :(
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2013, 08:05:36 PM »
/em raises glass of Chocolate Milk-

Next Christmas in the Ski Chalet!!

(I'll be the one with bells on)

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »
/em Raises steaming cup of coffee.

L'Chaim.

Next Christmas in the Ski Chalet!!
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2013, 09:21:15 PM »
*Record screech*

Really, dude? Water...? ???  :o

;D

The nectar of the Gods it is.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2013, 09:01:36 AM »
*raises a glass filled with my tears*

...here's hoping
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2013, 10:08:35 PM »
*raises glass*

If not this Christmas in the Ski Chalet, next Christmas in the Ski Chalet for sure!
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2013, 07:31:55 AM »
*raises glass*

If not this Christmas in the Ski Chalet, next Christmas in the Ski Chalet for sure!

I'll do some skiing via Icon at the very least this Christmas

indiramourning

• Minion
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
*Toast* Next year in the sky chalet!  ;D