Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 151009 times)

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #400 on: September 26, 2018, 06:14:57 PM »
I just keep playing older games. I'm reminded that I still have some of the old MechWarrior games around here somewhere. I might get Pathfinder Kingmaker, but otherwise I'm mostly waiting for games to come.

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #401 on: November 05, 2018, 07:07:15 PM »
Champions on Line 8)
Doc Artz

therainstormlord

• Underling
« Reply #402 on: November 18, 2018, 02:25:20 AM »
I acquired CIV 6 finally and am playing around with it....just one more turn...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #403 on: February 27, 2019, 05:49:14 AM »
Been playing the crap out of Axiom Verge. It's insanely good. If it's not the best Metroidvania I've ever played then Symphony of the Night only wins by a nose. It's like someone took the Serpentor machine and put every great NES game that didn't feature Mario, Link or Bo Jackson in there. Getting it free on Epic was just the icing on the cake.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #404 on: March 01, 2019, 09:18:07 PM »
Right now, I'm playing Deltarune for the third time (on the PS4 this time rather than computer), but I... really need to finish Octopath Traveler and Divinity: Original Sin II.

(Tried out Jump Force, didn't really like it much)

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #405 on: March 01, 2019, 10:37:08 PM »
I recently bought Civ III off of GOG for about $1.50. I'm not playing much but I couldn't resist a cheep nostalgia bomb.

Spellcaster Hana

• Minion
  • City of Heroes will always and forever be my home.
    • Hana's Deviantart
« Reply #406 on: April 09, 2019, 10:00:22 PM »
I'm currently playing Skyrim (I suck at it) but once in a while I go back to Aura Kingdom and Secret World Legends or play any game I could find on the PS4.

Nothing fills the void no matter what I play. I miss CoH...I need my fix  :'(
"Sometimes, crossing the line is necessary in order to move forward."
"ALL HAIL EMPEROR COLE!!!" ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
----------
My Deviantart: http://hanariblue.deviantart.com

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #407 on: April 10, 2019, 05:41:47 PM »
Champions on Line 8)

Uber..

I acquired CIV 6 finally and am playing around with it....just one more turn...

Uber.....

Been playing the crap out of Axiom Verge. It's insanely good. If it's not the best Metroidvania I've ever played then Symphony of the Night only wins by a nose. It's like someone took the Serpentor machine and put every great NES game that didn't feature Mario, Link or Bo Jackson in there. Getting it free on Epic was just the icing on the cake.

Uber Uber.

Right now, I'm playing Deltarune for the third time (on the PS4 this time rather than computer), but I... really need to finish Octopath Traveler and Divinity: Original Sin II.

(Tried out Jump Force, didn't really like it much)

Uh huh.. *shakes off ConsoleBoggle*

I recently bought Civ III off of GOG for about $1.50. I'm not playing much but I couldn't resist a cheep nostalgia bomb.

Uber...

I'm currently playing Skyrim (I suck at it) but once in a while I go back to Aura Kingdom and Secret World Legends or play any game I could find on the PS4.

Nothing fills the void no matter what I play. I miss CoH...I need my fix  :'(

Sad.. Sad sad.. : (

You're still playing though and where there is play there is hope  : )

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2019, 02:09:56 AM »
I've actually just started an XCom2/War of the Chosen campaign,  which I find a bit more enjoyable than vanilla xcom2.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #409 on: April 12, 2019, 01:35:05 AM »
Vividly remember selling and playing the original XCom. Such an addictive game. Very popular where I lived, with, the more .. sophisticated players. Considered one of the best games of its time and I played most of them back then due to we were allowed to take everything in the store home 'for testing'.

Employees would then bring the games back to work (or maybe a huge program like Microsoft's Professional Developer for BASIC ... *whistle* <3) , have them inspected for that 'still new' appearance, and, were given the duty of re-shrinkwrapping and re-shelving them as new.

I could go through a new game, even a game like XCom or Wizardry or Ultima or Pirates! <3 in a week or less. I usually 'checked out' a new game every 1-3 days on average (titles came out fast then so I had plenty) - depending on how long it took to complete and whether it was even worth (imo ofc...) completing.

Christmas was hands-down my favorite time of the year because I really liked helping people pick out a game that I felt pretty sure they would have fun with. I was the *only* person at our store that liked working during Christmas, of course.. I was real lucky in that job due to, mostly, I was allowed to BS with people about games...all day. And read gaming magazines. Hands down my most favorite job of all time. Far from the ...fanciest.. (the pay sucked too) but it is definitely my favorite.

Good Times  : ) Fun game. I bet the newer flavors are fun too.

~~~~

P.S.

Yes, I realize the above is super duper wrong and should never have happened. LUCKY ME! I could never have afforded to play all of those games, otherwise. And I could never have sold so many of them, otherwise, either. I was the guy to go to when you wanted a new game for yourself or someone else and every game wasn't fun for everyone (except usually me) so I could usually find a person (read: male - there were never any females in our store except one ex-marine who I built gaming machines for : D *wave*) for *every* game and visa versa. If it was buggy and/or frustrating I'd tell people that, too.

The business in mention, above, which was a normally really honest business in the Midwest.., has been out of business, since decades. Since not long after I left them. I'm not sure if we were ever the largest game reseller in the country but I know we were in the top 3.

My punishment for this wrongdoing was... Neverwinter online.. I literally spent every spare penny I had after bills on this game. They charged by the minute and I had bills from them that were .. very high for the amount of money I made.

I really believe that what goes around comes around and me and that company did do wrong. We lost everything in the process  : ) So I guess it all worked out.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:33:51 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #410 on: April 13, 2019, 04:35:10 PM »
Vividly remember selling and playing the original XCom. Such an addictive game. Very popular where I lived, with, the more .. sophisticated players. Considered one of the best games of its time and I played most of them back then due to we were allowed to take everything in the store home 'for testing'.

Employees would then bring the games back to work (or maybe a huge program like Microsoft's Professional Developer for BASIC ... *whistle* <3) , have them inspected for that 'still new' appearance, and, were given the duty of re-shrinkwrapping and re-shelving them as new.

I could go through a new game, even a game like XCom or Wizardry or Ultima or Pirates! <3 in a week or less. I usually 'checked out' a new game every 1-3 days on average (titles came out fast then so I had plenty) - depending on how long it took to complete and whether it was even worth (imo ofc...) completing.

Christmas was hands-down my favorite time of the year because I really liked helping people pick out a game that I felt pretty sure they would have fun with. I was the *only* person at our store that liked working during Christmas, of course.. I was real lucky in that job due to, mostly, I was allowed to BS with people about games...all day. And read gaming magazines. Hands down my most favorite job of all time. Far from the ...fanciest.. (the pay sucked too) but it is definitely my favorite.

Good Times  : ) Fun game. I bet the newer flavors are fun too.

~~~~

P.S.

Yes, I realize the above is super duper wrong and should never have happened. LUCKY ME! I could never have afforded to play all of those games, otherwise. And I could never have sold so many of them, otherwise, either. I was the guy to go to when you wanted a new game for yourself or someone else and every game wasn't fun for everyone (except usually me) so I could usually find a person (read: male - there were never any females in our store except one ex-marine who I built gaming machines for : D *wave*) for *every* game and visa versa. If it was buggy and/or frustrating I'd tell people that, too.

The business in mention, above, which was a normally really honest business in the Midwest.., has been out of business, since decades. Since not long after I left them. I'm not sure if we were ever the largest game reseller in the country but I know we were in the top 3.

My punishment for this wrongdoing was... Neverwinter online.. I literally spent every spare penny I had after bills on this game. They charged by the minute and I had bills from them that were .. very high for the amount of money I made.

I really believe that what goes around comes around and me and that company did do wrong. We lost everything in the process  : ) So I guess it all worked out.

I highly recommend Xcom:Enemy Within if you enjoyed the originals.  The complete edition with expansion and dlc is 7.79 at CDkeys, which I've used many times and is a good price (although it's lowest price ever was 5.24 from humble bundle, per gg.deals). 
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/xcom-enemy-unknown-complete-edition-pc-steam

@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Styng

• Underling
« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2019, 08:36:20 AM »
Just installed Champions Online, trying it out for the first time I'm enjoying it the only thing that I'm not so keen on is the graphics apart from that I'm getting some fun out of it. Learning the different aspects is taking sometime as can't find any decent websites out there with knowledge on the game i.e. modifications, fusing mods, power descriptions etc... If anyone knows of any sites I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction. ;)

Also spend time on Paragon Chat and keeping tabs on the new projects CoT, SoH etc

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2019, 02:35:11 PM »
If anyone knows of any sites I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction. ;)

The old wiki *was* soo good... http://web.archive.org/web/20131120001804/http://www.champions-online-wiki.com//

Tons of info provided has been nerfed changed, but, it may still be useful to you, so, there it is.

http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page is the new wiki, which, I have not even looked at for at least a year or two..

The Powerhouse is still alive! http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html

The new wiki has some other links that might interest you.. that's about all I can think of right now.

Oh wait... here's this old gem that is probably nerfed into near uselessness, but... maybe not  : )  https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/234470/specialization-tree-info

You will probably eventually want to make keybinds...
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/175864/faq-for-bindings-commands

Again, many things have been nerfed changed since this was made, but, it may still prove usefull - It's a build list I once referenced (I usually don't use these).
http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/564

This used to be an extremely useful link and probably still is - for fighting bosses with way more success.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167637922

The link has changed a few times but I managed to find the new one.. This used to be a really great link on buffs and debuffs - again, things have changed, but, it may still be useful.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/225717/de-buffs-and-debuffs

Every so often you might check the Trade channel for good links, too. There's generally knowledgeable players lurking there  : )

I highly recommend Xcom:Enemy Within if you enjoyed the originals.  The complete edition with expansion and dlc is 7.79 at CDkeys, which I've used many times and is a good price (although it's lowest price ever was 5.24 from humble bundle, per gg.deals). 
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/xcom-enemy-unknown-complete-edition-pc-steam

I won't have any spare game time until Winter... but, that's still a good tip, thanks  : )
Some Faves:

Styng

• Underling
« Reply #413 on: April 15, 2019, 07:14:07 AM »
Thank you for all the information Xev ;D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #414 on: April 16, 2019, 05:23:16 PM »
Totally my pleasure. When I was given some of those links (like to the old wiki) I was given the same warning as you got about the info being outdated but it still helped me a lot so maybe this info can still be helpful.

MyriV hangs out in the CO subforum here, lately, and I know we have at least 2 or 3 knowledgeable lurkers, there... I lurk there too! Anyway, if you continue to play and have questions, I had lots of mine answered, there.

It took me yeeeears before the CO nerfs bothered me, and, really, that's the only criticism I have about the game is the nerfs. You just missed tons, on about every powerset.. so... it's probably a really good time to be a CO newb, because, like me as a newb, you won't know what you missed and the new nerfs likely won't even affect you for a good long time, if ever.

It's a great game. Heart pounding ground fights with fluid and fast acrobatics/athletics *barrel rolls*. They were for me anyway, tanking with dps passives. Lots of powers to choose from. Lots of flash.. Lots of costumes. Lots of hawties. Like any new game you have to immerse yourself into the new graphics (or not..). I like the comic book art style they use. I like the character creator. Loved the game. Fell out of luv. Still log in once in awhile. Will probably play again someday.
Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #415 on: April 17, 2019, 12:14:18 AM »
Right now I am bouncing around Skyrim (legacy), Fallout 4, Xcom2, and various single player games and mmos such a SWL and waiting for double xp on SWTOR.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #416 on: April 17, 2019, 12:37:25 AM »
Right now I am bouncing around Skyrim (legacy), Fallout 4, Xcom2, and various single player games and mmos such a SWL and waiting for double xp on SWTOR.

Double XP? Last time I played SWTOR i finished all the (pre-Knights expansion) classes when 10x xp was going. Figured they'd be up to >9000 xp weekends by now.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #417 on: April 17, 2019, 12:45:25 AM »
Yea, I want ti say in the 19th of this month is when double xp starts :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #418 on: April 17, 2019, 10:45:29 AM »
Been playing some City Skylines, currently have my city sitting at around 40k folks. I'm largely going for a Miami Beach sorta' town, with coastal tourism and canals running throughout the city (ferries are currently the main source of public transportation).
Spoiler for Hidden:

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:50:41 AM by FlyingCarcass »

Weatherwoman

• Underling
« Reply #419 on: April 17, 2019, 03:02:20 PM »
I play Path of Exile, Apex Legends, occasionally a co-op game of Starcraft II

I picked up the Resident Evil 2 remake but I find it an extremely stressful game to play, so I've been playing it on and off
Pinnacle Server - @Weatherwoman