Author Topic: If you could live in a Comic book world....  (Read 4065 times)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
If you could live in a Comic book world....
« on: April 17, 2013, 09:14:36 AM »
What comic book world would you want to live in?

But first a few simple rules. 

1.) This is you, not your characters.  You are as you are no superpowers with the same life (except for what that world has different aka cities, tech). 
2.) Any comic reality you like, including web comics.  If it's a rare, online, or independent comic provide a link so the rest of us will know what your talking about.
3.) You can use earlier variations of a Universe.  So Pre 52 reboot (Zero Hour, infinity crises) of the DC line or Pre Civil War Marvel.  Just make it clear it is the other variation.

So what reality I would want to live in?  I would enjoy being in the Spinnerette Universe http://www.spinnyverse.com/2010/02/09/20100209/
Why well the world seems more calm then some of the others.  As well as fun loving and playfulness.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: If you could live in a Comic book world....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 10:36:33 PM »
Well, RL, my life is already like a comic book. My wonderful dad was always a superhero to me, my sister is a real Joker, my mom is a bit Goofy and I Marvel at how I have survived it all! lol
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:43:15 AM »
Star Trek's universe.  Yep, it was (is?) a comic book series.  Specifically, the TNG one.  That way, we got replicators and great medical and we all get along and there's warp travel to boot.  Win.

Seeing how I can't be anything but me as I am, that is the world I'd wanna be in. 

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 04:08:31 PM »
I am pretty sure I want to live in a comic book world only as a super hero -- though perhaps I am underestimating the joy of being a non-superpowered being living in a comicbook universe.  That said, while I grew up reading DC, Marvel and Gold Key comics, over all I preferred Marvel's universe to DC.  Later on I discovered Elf Quest by Wendy and Richard Pini as well as Cerebus the Aardvark by Dave Sim.  While Cerebus always made me laugh I would not want to live in his universe.  So, hmmm, would i truly want to live in any comic book universe?  I should give this a more thoughtful reply; however, at the moment the Comicbook Universe I would choose to live in, were I able, would be Paragon City, the Rogue Isles, and Praetoria.  Why?  Because I know it fairly well.  I can travel forward and backward in time via Ouroboros.  I love Cimerora but I also love the neat places and the alternate dimensions of Fire Base Zulu (move over, Dread Dormammu, there's a new(er) more spiffy deity who rules these darker dimensions!), plus I already have lots of friends there from Detective Becktrees and Montague Castanella to Ms. Liberty and the Freedom Phallanx as well as all the super heroic players met here on Titan and earlier.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »
I want to say the Scott Pilgrim world. I can't quite put my finger on why, though. I love a story where it's mostly a normal world, with just a little bit of weirdness to it. But that's a reason to love the story, not the world.

*shrugs* I dunno. But I just can't help thinking, "Man... that's a world I wouldn't mind living in."

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 08:45:17 PM »
I'd like to live on Mobius from Exterminatus Now.
Oh sure, it has a way above average number of morons, but at least Inquisition members get away with pretty much everything. And I'd join that club as fast as possible.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
What comic book world would you want to live in?

But first a few simple rules. 

1.) This is you, not your characters.  You are as you are no superpowers with the same life (except for what that world has different aka cities, tech). 
2.) Any comic reality you like, including web comics.  If it's a rare, online, or independent comic provide a link so the rest of us will know what your talking about.
3.) You can use earlier variations of a Universe.  So Pre 52 reboot (Zero Hour, infinity crises) of the DC line or Pre Civil War Marvel.  Just make it clear it is the other variation.

So what reality I would want to live in?  I would enjoy being in the Spinnerette Universe http://www.spinnyverse.com/2010/02/09/20100209/
Why well the world seems more calm then some of the others.  As well as fun loving and playfulness.

Well hell, with real life it already feels like a comic book.

Although I'm not sure what comic book world I could survive in. If it was Xmen, I'd be supporting equal rights for mutants and probably would get murked by angry human mob for being a mutant sympathizer.

Maybe Watchmen I could live but that is almost like the way the world is today already although that Dr. Manhatten guy would make me a bit uneasy and I probably would be one of the few that think Rorscach is on to something and not completely crazy and mostly agree with The Comedian outlook on the humans and the world.

Superman, probably wouldnt know him. "Who?"

Batman nah, not in Gotham city I wouldnt live in ever. It look like Chicago but more peaceful and seems too crowded like New York. I'd avoid that place like the plague like I avoid the two aforementioned cities.

Spawn-I could live there except I probably be trying to figure out how to get some of that demon power for myself and if Spawn dont want to lead hell's army, then I will and leave the world as a smoldering cinder. Assuming Spawn dont rid of me first.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
If I were living in a comic book world, I'd reach into last year's panel where NCSoft closed city of heroes and drag CoH into the present.   :)
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 09:23:12 PM »
Ink Pen

Where else are you going to see a cartoon rabbit and a cartoon superhero having drinks together in a bar?
Not to mention a pig, a generic female, and a Norse god.