Author Topic: Dreaming of CoH  (Read 1165 times)

Stormsurge

• Minion
Dreaming of CoH
« on: April 12, 2013, 05:56:17 PM »
So anyway, I had this dream last night that the CoH servers reopened again. Now I think this was albeit temporarily as the company who had opened them said that it was only inviting players in to see the new changes. Apparently the whole city was changed in some form and there were no enemies yet. The city was a bit more futuristic and at the center was this very long thin tower that rose up into the clouds. Apparently the thing went up to a thousand feet. It was actually pretty disturbing to look at as my innate fear of heights kicked in and fought my desire to fly to the top.
There we're no enemies to fight yet for some reason, but there were lots of people there, some in a room talking to each other. I also vividly remember going to my old SG's website with the news and bluntly saying," The servers are back up. Get your butts here."

I probably had this dream because of CoH being in the news recently. Maybe one day though, it will be a reality. 

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
Re: Dreaming of CoH
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 06:52:41 AM »
I have played for at least 7 years....never once did I dream about the game.
Not sure why, given all the hours I spent there in Paragon with friends,
many came and went along the way. That was one thing I noticed, some had short attention spans
and moved on to other games, like World of Warcraft, ekk :o (one player admitted this to me)

...then you had others, like myself, that remained loyal to the end. 8)

Kind of envious of those that have been able to have a dream of CoH.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:02:52 PM »
Last night I dreamed that a private CoH server opened, I leveled a fire/fire tank to 50 and was planning to make a VEAT the next time I logged in. Then I went onto some other dreams, but then I returned to the CoH dream but now a NCSoft team lead by Lighthouse had shut down the server.

I've had the occasional CoH dream throughout the years, but the interesting thing (at least IMO) about the dreams is they were never set in CoH's zones, but rather set in zones that resembled CoH zones but weren't. Like one dream had a PvP zone that was sort of a mix between Sirens Call and Perez Park and another dream had an Independence Port that had criss-crossing wooden piers and bridges everywhere.

Ah wuddeva', dreams are weird.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »
I have had a few strange dreams where I was at a computer, trying to show people (family or friends) CoH, but I can't get the puter to do what I want. I feel frustrated while attempting all kinds of things, but nothing works. Not too difficult to interpret that dream....
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:35:41 PM »
wow.  I thought I was the only one dreaming of COH LOL.

Last night I dreamed of doing the Midnighter arc LOL.  It was so clear I even saw the confusion as the team split, half going left and the other going right after they dropped down through the hole in the building into the caverns below LOL.
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

Spellcaster Hana

• Minion
  • City of Heroes will always and forever be my home.
    • Hana's Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 06:38:04 PM »
I had a few dreams of COH in the past but mostly me sweeping the streets of random street gangs...
"Sometimes, crossing the line is necessary in order to move forward."
"ALL HAIL EMPEROR COLE!!!" ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
----------
My Deviantart: http://hanariblue.deviantart.com

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »
Mine was POV of the toon.   I remember frantically trying to keep both parts of the split group healed.  LOL
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne