Author Topic: Pretty Good Superhero Book  (Read 2711 times)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Pretty Good Superhero Book
« on: April 13, 2013, 04:31:41 PM »
I picked this up at Amazon and it's not bad.  It has a few editing problems and a few places where you want to slap the author and say "That wouldn't work." or "Why didn't he notice that?"

The reason I'm posting this is because I bought the book at $2.99 and it's probably worth that.  Then the author raised the price to $7.99 and it's definitely not worth that.  But today at least it's free so you should all probably grab it.  Even if you don't have a kindle you can always install the kindle app on your phone or computer and read it there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BV746O2/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
Re: Pretty Good Superhero Book
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »
I take a look at that one.  Soon I'm in a middle of Piers Anthony for his Xanth book at the moment.  Note the puns in those books are crazy.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 03:48:05 AM »
Looks like just a redo of Watchmen mixed with the Wildcard series - not up for it.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 11:37:12 PM »
Dropping the price on my own superhero book in the coming days. :) It is "The Machinist Part One: Malevolence" if you want some good reading. ;)
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 04:34:59 PM »
Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman in a fun read.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 09:03:05 PM »
Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman in a fun read.

Yep and Austin is a cool dude, too.  He gave me a blurb to use for my book after he read it and enjoyed it.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Olde Glory

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 08:12:03 AM »
I picked that book up in one of the Powell's at PDX. It was a fun read that stuck with me. I still find myself going over certain points a year later.