Author Topic: Dragon's Prophet Discussion/Info  (Read 1488 times)

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
Dragon's Prophet Discussion/Info
« on: April 12, 2013, 08:49:44 AM »
I didn't see any notice of the game on the forums. I used the search engine, and nothing else popped up. If there is another thread like this, I apologize. I have not seen it, or found it.

Been looking at a game called Dragon's Prophet. Currently in closed beta (I think?) Published by Sony (So there is going to be that micro-transaction bit) and created by a studio called Runewaker (Apparently they have another game out, but I haven't tried it...).

So, has anyone else had a look at this game? The city/base creator thingy look's interesting. From what I've read, it has similar combat to TERA (Another game I haven't played) but has the mechanic of taming and capturing dragons for riding (and possibly combat? They weren't clear in that regard).

So, thought's about this game? I'm assume I'm allowed to post direct links to their webpage, but I don't want to come off as some sort of advertiser or anything. A quick search of the game's title will get you there quick enough.

You can also buy in to a beta access, which according to their site, should become valid around the 15th of this month.

So, thought's on this game? More info I haven't found?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Dragon's Prophet Discussion/Info
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:57:15 AM »
From the Runes of Magic guys? I don't hold much hope for this game. I was incredibly disappointed in RoM - repetitive, money-grabbing WoW clone that forced you into PvP if you wanted high-end stuff.

Maybe they've axed the people that made RoM bad. Or maybe they aren't working on this game.

In any case, I'm not gonna hold my breath. (Mostly because I need to breathe to live, but also because RoM was such a disappointment.)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
Re: Dragon's Prophet Discussion/Info
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 08:36:32 PM »
Hmm. It was that bad of a game? Well, I guess I'm taking a chance then...

Edit: It is no Cox, but I have to say, I like the character customization options. You really can't choose outfit, but you can customize a LOT of other things, which is nice. I can't state any specific, because technically, this is closed Beta, but, first impressions are interesting...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:49:29 PM by Kriiden »