Author Topic: Banners for ads  (Read 22659 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Banners for ads
« on: April 05, 2013, 06:41:45 PM »
Anyone like to take a shot at making some banners to celebrate the City of Heroes 9th anniversary?

I want to use them on a few MMO sites and try and organize a blitz for the 24th of this month I believe it is and instead of having folks send money in - we will get them to buy the ads for a site on the day!

I was hoping to get all the best videos put in one thread and link them to the banner. Does this sound like a plan?

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Re: Banners for ads
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:10:40 PM »
Ok thanks to Samuraiko I have the link for all the videos to tie in on Ads:

http://cohtube.blogspot.com/

My plan is to try and create or have others create a banner or banners and have them in place for the 24th if possible on several differing MMO sites. They will link back to the Video blogspot and hopefully we can show that we still care.

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »
Any banners anyone makes need to be short and to the point.  I'd avoid doing anything 'cute' or 'clever' or whatever.  Just a straightforward "Save City of Heroes: Tell NCsoft to <do whatever>".  Any animation should be very, very minimal.  Don't make something that takes longer than two seconds to read.

You need a direct, specific message for them though.  Is this part of the 'call jack emmert' thing?  Or just more general "bring back the game/sell the game" stuff?
green hair

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 07:21:07 PM »
I don't know if its short notice to do so but would it be possible for us to celebrate what would have been CoH's 9th year with a charity drive and tie it in with the banners?

I assume there would have to be some arrangements made with whatever charity or charities we decide on donating to.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 07:21:18 PM »
It is definitely playing off the Jack Emmert interest.

This is life for us, as a team during this time of the ends days we have at different times had to be picked up by different members of the team.

We are the Paragon Avenger Initiative. When one falters or is low in heart another steps forward and carries the torch. I have few talents artistically - however I am stubborn and have a little cash to spare. This is another front that we can try. It will be short but it needs to burn brightly and show each other and the world, our torch is NOT out yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmHXipbAv1M
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:27:58 PM by Ironwolf »

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44:36 PM »
I don't know if its short notice to do so but would it be possible for us to celebrate what would have been CoH's 9th year with a charity drive and tie it in with the banners?

I assume there would have to be some arrangements made with whatever charity or charities we decide on donating to.

I could get behind that. I wonder if the folks that ran Real World Hero would care to organize it, or let someone here run it under RWH's name? They're already well-versed in collecting for charities, after all.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »
After a quick browse through the old threads, I managed to find this:

Save Our City Banners

There are a few gems, though all of them are definitely good.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:40:20 PM by dwturducken »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 08:32:15 PM »
Link went to Good old games lol

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 08:41:28 PM »
Fixed. I had a good dozen tabs open, and I had just sent an email to my Friday night group about the D&D sale at GoG.  ;D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 08:47:40 PM »
I'm not seeing any banners in that topic that are the right proportions to actually use as banner ads, though.  And a lot of it is just the "this is what we do" slogan stuff, which isn't informative at all- just a rallying cry for people who already know about the whole thing.  Which isn't terribly useful.

I didn't read the whole thing, though.
green hair

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »
Ok thanks to Samuraiko I have the link for all the videos to tie in on Ads:

http://cohtube.blogspot.com/

My plan is to try and create or have others create a banner or banners and have them in place for the 24th if possible on several differing MMO sites. They will link back to the Video blogspot and hopefully we can show that we still care.

Here's the amazing thing - those AREN'T all the videos. That's as many as Leandro and a couple other folks were able to get on there. I have the full Fan Videos thread saved and I really need to compile the list of links so they can be added to COHTUBE.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
Banner creativeness isn't my forte, but I will donate to help keep them running.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 06:30:29 AM »
Leandro's Tribute to Donuts via Fusionette is just amazing. I was almost in tears.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 03:38:31 AM »

How about this?

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 04:07:24 AM »
Leandro's Tribute to Donuts via Fusionette is just amazing. I was almost in tears.

OMG!  BAD Fusionette has the split skirt in the middle...when the Devs screwed up.  Man, I snagged a costume for each slot that each of my ladies had...and I kept some of them.  So good to see!
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 04:44:03 AM »
OMG!  BAD Fusionette has the split skirt in the middle...when the Devs screwed up.  Man, I snagged a costume for each slot that each of my ladies had...and I kept some of them.  So good to see!

What? I thought they were just shorts.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 04:46:03 AM »
    People keep making banners that wouldn't work as ads.  You want something that's the right size.  I'm not a professional graphic designer, but I've had more than a few years worth of education involving this kind of stuff now.  So lemme throw out some tips.

Here's the sizes supported by Google's ad services:

But depending on where or how we want to advertise, they're going to need different things.

There are three components any successful ad is going to need, too:

• The City of Heroes logo, so people know what game this is about.
  • A message like "We need your help!", or "Heroes always come back!" that will get people to click
  • An image of Statesman(the one used above could be good)

The real information is going to be in the page they go to when they click the link.  If people want to go animated, do one frame that says the message I mentioned above, and a second that says "Tell NCsoft to call Jack Emmert! Bring City home!"

Edit: this post is adding a stray list-end tag no matter what i do, get out of here list end tag

[/list]
green hair

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 05:47:54 AM »
What? I thought they were just shorts.

No, at one point all the mini skirts with the split on the side got turned around to have the split in the front and back.  Man, I was peeved when I logged on and saw them on my fav alt, then, of course, I kept a couple around...
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 12:38:08 PM »
Kelp, I know the sizes will differ I am going for a non-animated simple banner that will lead to the video blogspot.

I am speaking to a couple of sites now and trying to get something working for around the 9th anniversary. So good, bad or ugly - we don't have much time to work here.

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 04:43:08 PM »

How about this?

I'm not totally sure you'd want to say "They exhausted every option but one!" since we don't really know if there were/were not other options they also chose to ignore.  Course your choice is probably way better than my leaning towards "Bring COH home" or "Save COH"...that's likely why I'm not in marketing!  ;D

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 08:46:58 PM »
Me either!

I suck at artwork and i know it. But I want SOMETHING to put out there.

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 09:31:38 PM »
Let me know what resolution of banners we need for whatever service we're going to be using them on and I can have a number of banners put together by next Sunday.  If you'd like the help, that is.
green hair

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »
I will get some hard numbers and banner sizes today - I hope!

LadyWizard

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »
Hope it doesn't dilute the message since phoenix project is paying for facebook ads I saw one this morning
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:40:11 PM by LadyWizard »

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »
Hope it doesn't dilute the message since phoenix project is paying for facebook ads I saw one this morning

It shouldn't, they aren't the same thing so no worries there I'd think.

LadyWizard

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 01:10:50 PM »
It shouldn't, they aren't the same thing so no worries there I'd think.
Only reason I was kinda concerned was the wording "Miss CoH so do we click here"

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 06:43:39 PM »
I'm a graphic designer by trade, maybe I could help. This is just the first batch to review to see if you like the theme. If this is a design we could work with, I can then create this as various other sizes.

Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 08:49:47 PM »
Those are amazing.

This is what I want to link to, if this is one of our folks I would like permission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGcFC197rfQ

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »
I believe cost per impression is the cost for the amount of times it's displayed to a visitor, or visitors, within a day.

Btw, at first, I thought the vid was going to be too long @ 7min ... but as I kept watching ... well it hit every nail on the head.

I love the banners by VyoletRose. I would say to parse down the text just a hair, in order for traffic to realize there's something to be clicked on, if that makes any sense...

Edit: Maybe something like "In the face of adversity, The True Heroes Are Revealed #SAVECOH "

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »
Also, I think we might wanna focus on Home, Article & Skyscraper to get the most up front traffic.
Then maybe take what we'd be saving from the mobile site & forums and apply that to joystiq?

Here's my reasoning:
If the banner is leading to our youtube, odds are very nil that someone on a smartphone (which is IMO the majority of mobile traffic) or tablet are going to click & listen through the video.

Forum traffic is too specific, and while we -may- get hits there, I think Home & run of site gives a higher chance.

Also I've no clue where Leaderboard displays on mmorpg. Anyone else know?

PS - I'm still committed to helping contribute to this monetarily

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 12:23:35 AM »
I am also seeking some other sites.

Once I get more rates - what I would do is pick your favorite banner and tell us where and when you bought the ads and we will all go there!

We can link it to many various sites so it is a different thing each time.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:00:51 AM by Ironwolf »

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 03:21:41 AM »
I'll work on making this idea later when I have time, but I'll post it now in case someone beats me to it. As for something to say in the ad, I believe that my favorite CoH quote could be used nicely.
"Heroes may die, but Heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 02:10:53 PM »
Should we set up a website this links to? Most people won't watch a youtube video. The site could be a quick message along the lines of:

"On November 30, 2012 NCsoft closed City of Heroes, one of the most successful MMOs in history. Thousands of fans are still waiting for their city to return as NCsoft now holds the IP unused.

Cryptic Studios, the creators of City of Heroes, want to talk about bringing City of Heroes home and back online.

For City of Heroes and for all our online games, please join our movement and send a message; These games, these worlds belong to the players and can't be stolen so easily."

Then link to various social media sites, petitions, and maybe some NCsoft contact stuff.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 02:11:24 PM »
Oh and count me in for donating and I'll be glad to set up a facebook page, petitions and whatever else social media stuff I can help with.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 02:48:20 PM »
I'm a graphic designer by trade, maybe I could help. This is just the first batch to review to see if you like the theme. If this is a design we could work with, I can then create this as various other sizes.

Could you edit the last one a little Vyoletrose? Could you make it say something like:

We all have a little of the Hero or Villain in us, NCSoft only you can release it for us. Please sell City of Heroes!

Or something along those lines, not an advertising guy here.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 02:49:45 PM »
Hate to critique or suggest because I have no graphic design skills, but some pointers:

-Aim these ads at people that might not know about CoH or that its closed.
-Call out NCsoft by name.
-Most importantly...thanks so much for fighting for CoH.

Quinch

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 04:18:07 PM »
Can we work the quotes from the PAX panel into one of the banners? Chris Roberts' "City of Heroes shouldn't have died, dammit! That was a great game!" lends itself to a very quotable soundbyte. If we can get something from Jack itself {doesn't even have to be on video, just sourcable}, that would be a huge asset too. On other fronts, working in the number of free expansions {"issues" wouldn't mean much to the proverbial uninitiated}, awards {how many MMOs can claim a single Guinness?} and even the revenue numbers into an animated banner {there may not be a need for anything fancy} as well as capping it with the fact that NCsoft still hasn't given a reason for the shutdown should work to catch the eye. CoH was the underdog that still had plenty of fight in it before it was pulled out of the race, I think we should leverage that for all it's worth.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »
I will work on a leverage angle on my website.

It isn't up yet but will try and make a one page list of many of these points with links to the sources.

Pressure, slow and without pause can make an acorn split a tree in half.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
Hate to critique or suggest because I have no graphic design skills, but some pointers:

-Aim these ads at people that might not know about CoH or that its closed.
-Call out NCsoft by name.
-Most importantly...thanks so much for fighting for CoH.

Hear hear.

You know how many people I come across that actually play games including MMO, serious MMO players that never even heard about COX or the closure situation? Too many. On the surface, sure this is about NCsoft vs the ex-COX players. In the bigger scheme of things it's about ALL MMOs that with the decision of a few over any reason they choose can shut down an entire game on the whim. While many probably dont wont and never will, the choice is still there. It's like a person having a nuclear missle that can wipe LA (the city of Los Angeles and Louisiana) off the face of the planet if they chose to. Maybe they have no intentions at the moment but what happens if they decide to exercise that choice? Right now, there is nothing stopping game companies from nuking game communities. And maybe it's about time that there should be some checks and balances of some sort where it works out for both parties instead of a pat on the back from game corporation for the dozens of millions that they recieved each year and the players that many thought they was investing in something suddenly lose it all not knowing that is how it works or can work. Up until COX closed, it seemed that what NCSoft did was something that was very unlikely to happen. Less likely than N.Korea becoming part of the UN by next month. But the COX closing showed the amount of power a game corporation actually have at it's disposal.

If more people knew that corporations would nuke their game at anytime any reason stated in a clear a precise manner that is could happen would people still spend thousands on MMOs? Maybe maybe not. I think many people would think twice then think twice again, and MMOs will make less money. But say if word gets out enough to even people that never played COX, that game corporations have no choice but to remind players that they are not throwing away money for years to end in it being all a waste and have their interest and respect for the player choosing to partake in their product then they could make even more. But as long as this situation stays mainly within ex-COXers and word dont get out, then it's not doing much good as a whole. What then, other game companies see NCSoft get away with it with not much major fuss (yes there is a fuss but not major fuss...yet) then what is to stop them from pulling the same "realignment" stunt? Nothing at the moment. For many COXers that been dealing with NCsoft it took what, about 5 shutdowns before it got to this point to decide to do something? Better late than never but how many more must go before the game community realize they are potentially just giving money away to charity?

Some say MMOs are dying. Maybe maybe not. But why do most gamers stick to console gaming? Because even if the game maker decides to pull out they still are able to play the game, albiet without the updates and probably not much online features anymore but still able to play the core game that they purchased. MMO games, plug pulled, useless disk set sitting around. Both are games, MMO players probably put much more money over the time into the game than any console player put into their games, yet why is MMO players end up feeling like their money is lost when some suit or a group of suits decides that "We are tired of this game" and close shop? If a person still have the original Atari and cartridges, they are able to pick it up, plug it in and play. How many of us can play COX, less than half the age of Atari, can do so now? Yet within the life span, I can bet that most of us spent more money within the short span of 8-4 years more than an entire collection of Atari games and the Atari device itself. 

We can change all of that but we have to demand it. We have to move beyond the usual SGs/VGs and fellow COXers and get the word out about this especially to our fellow MMO players and gamers. Hell, even general consumers that buy anything. There are a lot of people thta buy products with warranties only to realize the company decides to stop making said product and now the warranty is "void" even if the consumer paid extra for it, so when it breaks they have to pay out of pocket for repairs assuming there is anyone around with parts to repair it. And there is nothing to stop the company from doing that over and over again. Many people just accept it as "that is how the world is." which is true but the reason that it's like that because these companies have consumers believeing they are powerless and at the mercy of consumers when in reality they should be at the mercy of the consumer. Without the consumer they cant make money and the consumer can continue to live normally just as they were before the product was offered. They need us more than we need them but they got consumers thinking it's the other way around that we need them and they dont need us so we must pay to get what we need. The one that have the money hold the power, but no company in the history of  corporations gained a bunch of money that didnt come from consumers, whetehr tax money bail outs or people buying their products. Yet we let them, yes let them treat us like yesterday garbage. Here, it seems, many of us said, no more, enough, we are not going to take this anymore. And that is lovely, but we must gain more. Let people know it;s ok to be pissed when jerked around and to say so. When we get enough people saying that, what can game companies do? They can release so many games it fills the oceans but it will do them no good if people wont buy them. On the flip side of that token if people keep getting the feeling of being kicked, scream yell rant rave go on a mad internet forum angry spree yet go back to putting money into their pocket then nothign will change and even after this movement is said and done even with success, 5-10 years later either this group or another will being doing the exact same thing again about the same nonsense some company pull. The action is fresh, the action is clear, the action of NCsoft was bold, bolder than ever before. They are waiting for the usual, rant rave die down in a year and no one hears about it. We cant allow that to happen again. Then what will be next, a company shuts down a game and release official statement that plainly states "We shut down the game because we could. Shut up, deal with it. We'll see you again?" What are consumers waiting for? The time when it's too late to do anything? Waiting for game corporations to beat us to it and help create a law where we have to sign a contract for set amount of period to pay each month but anytime thye feel liek it they can close down game and dont have to give refund for even unplayed time due to the shutdown? While consumers continue to say "oh thye shut down that game over there, not my problem. My game is still up. It will never happen to us." Many people here thought the same thing when NCsoft was closign their other titles, that is until they closed ours. If a game company can close a game they can close any of their games at any moment at any time for any reason or for no reason at all and that can happen to any gamer at any time. Remember even with NCsoft, the first game they closed was the first and up until then it probably was thought that "oh NCsoft dont close games." Yep, up until then they didnt and probaby wouldnt and that statement was true. But the choice was always there and thus when they felt like using thta choice, they did. Maybe it was for financial reasons. People ate it up and went on. TR, iffy situation, yet people rationalized it. COX, yet still some people rationalized it. The trend is that the reasons are getting muddier and blurrier and eventually will they even need a reason? Many here have stated they see a trend in MMO where many game companies are chasing the new and shiny game. Even Cryptic and or PWE seems guilty of this. Although thye havent closed games yet, keyword yet. They could if they chose to especially if they feel their portfolio is getting full of old games that have been stagnating for years, like CO. Soon it may become common to build a game, make money, leave it, make new game, close old game, repeat process, as long as let them get away with the current behavior and continue to give them millions even while griping and complaining about it.

Of course no one person can do it alone, no one game community can do it alone and as long as we remain divided and blind or not worried about other game closings until it happen to the game we are currently playing, then nothing will change and game corporations will get bolder and bolder and make more and more money making it harder and harder to do anything about it. With the Project Zs, it can prove that you dont need to be a major corporation to release a good game. If more smaller game makers put out quality reliable products, then players will not feel they are pigeoned holed between the choice of "Well I dont like these corporations which can take my money and run off or some small upstart with a game full of bugs, odd artwork, and no tech support or not playing any game." We can give them a whole new choice with the project Zs as long as they do not turn into exactly like the major corporations where the players are mere numbers and think that players have no idea what a good game should have in it. Then it defeats the purpose.

This is the crossroads, and we either can stay on the course as a gaming community as a whole, or finally do something. I think, other game companies are probably watching this situation from time to time to see what happens. If it proves to be another group of angry gamers that griped for a while and made threats and it all turned out to be empty, then thery might think, "Well look at this. They had us worried for a second but it turned out all hot air. So we can close a game for any reason and in the end nothing happens? Bill, what the name of that game that have only 90,000 players? Fire Sword? Close that game down. While you at it, close down Empire of the Sea while you at it. Tell them we are doing some realignment. Dont worry, they'll raise a little fuss, get the news out in a few underground gaming websites, but we dotn care about them. We are aiming for new players anyways that probably never heard of Fire Sword or Empire of the Sea. The newbies dont know any better so that when I get tired of looking at that game on my graph, I'll shut that one down too. Easy money, Bill, easy money. Consumers will take any type of treatment we give them and they WILL like it. What are they going to do beside complain, moan groan, gripe, threaten to take their money elsewhere? Lol. How about we add a little fuel to their fire and tell them that they have been heard and we are taking their opinions in a serious manner. LOL. I barely can say that with a straight face. LOL. Oh yeah and tell them we tried to sell but couldnt find any serious buyers. That should put them in a frenzy for a bit. Now where is my popcorn to watch this entertainment while I count the money they gave me?"

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 07:23:04 PM »
Can we work the quotes from the PAX panel into one of the banners? Chris Roberts' "City of Heroes shouldn't have died, dammit! That was a great game!" lends itself to a very quotable soundbyte. If we can get something from Jack itself {doesn't even have to be on video, just sourcable}, that would be a huge asset too. On other fronts, working in the number of free expansions {"issues" wouldn't mean much to the proverbial uninitiated}, awards {how many MMOs can claim a single Guinness?} and even the revenue numbers into an animated banner {there may not be a need for anything fancy} as well as capping it with the fact that NCsoft still hasn't given a reason for the shutdown should work to catch the eye. CoH was the underdog that still had plenty of fight in it before it was pulled out of the race, I think we should leverage that for all it's worth.
In the public eye, let's not kill the credibility with exaggerations. By definition ncsoft did give a reason. A bootleg reason crappy reason stupid reason, how ever its viewed, but a reason nonetheless. Plus i think we can use their crappy reason in a bigger way for the point than saying there was no reason when they stated on. We may be enthused crazy zealous ex cox players but let it not let something like (liars) get added. Stick to facts. They are more than shocking enough
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:09:43 AM by JaguarX »

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 12:37:55 AM »
Should we set up a website this links to? Most people won't watch a youtube video. The site could be a quick message along the lines of:

"On November 30, 2012 NCsoft closed City of Heroes, one of the most successful MMOs in history. Thousands of fans are still waiting for their city to return as NCsoft now holds the IP unused.

NCSoft has refused to listen to the fans, the developers, and even the gaming industry at large. They need to know that their unethical, and irrational business practices will no longer be tolerated.

Cryptic Studios, the creators of City of Heroes, want to talk about bringing City of Heroes home and back online.

For City of Heroes and for all our online games, please join our movement and send a message; These games, these worlds belong to the players and can't be stolen so easily."

Then link to various social media sites, petitions, and maybe some NCsoft contact stuff.

I love the message as a whole. Just some suggested edits...

The reason I took out the reference to Cryptic is that Jack wasn't really acting in an "official" Cryptic capacity when he made that remark. He was acting as Jack Emmert. So, in anything we'd quote, or post to the web, we need to be careful, and very precise.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 12:56:48 AM »

Would it be possible to obtain the editable files? That way you don't have loads of us suggesting text edits o.o
Then I can look at buying an ad that links to the youtube.
PM me and I'll shoot you my email.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 01:10:33 AM »

Wow.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 12:24:02 PM »
Very good!

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 11:04:51 PM »

I hate to say this, but any ad that contains IP from NCsoft such as the City of Heroes logo or a character from the game would probably be killed pretty quickly by a takedown notice from NCsoft.  And while these look great and I really appreciate the effort, most of them could easily be confused as being created by NCsoft itself, which I'm certain wouldn't pass muster.  Trust me, I'm not trying to criticize, just pointing out that this would open a legal can of worms.

Surelle

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 02:25:53 AM »
These look good, but aren't they major copyright infringement first off?  And what is the intent behind them?  At a glance, they're way too vague, at least to me, insofar as they don't have a link to anything related to getting NCSoft to sell the IP, etc. Is there going to be a centralized site everyone is going to be directed to, that has contact info for trying to get NCSoft to sell CoH or something?  Sorry, just my two cents, but if I'm in here with you guys and it's vague to me, imagine what it's going to seem like to people who never/hardly ever even played CoH.

If they're linking to something concrete like a SaveCOH site or something, is that just not showing yet? 

I just don't think many people are going to understand a 9th anniversary banner.  Websites may even refuse to host it.  It makes CoH look like it's running when it's not or something.  I don't know.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:33:28 AM by Surelle »

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2013, 03:25:46 AM »
How about

"Let us fly free, release the IP"

City of heroes: Nov 30th was only a strategic retreat

The Community that refuses to die

Give us back our city

150,000 heroes...nowhere to go

The gamekiller strikes again...don't let it happen to you

Game Unplugged...Please help

Homeless Heroes

Could your game be next?

We are more then pixels

Gamer's bill of rights...what you need to know

Hero or Villian: its time for NCSoft to decide

Caught in the Crossfire: City No More

Are you prepared to lose everything?

Blink and your world is gone

Its time for reform

Release the IP

There is always another way

Buried Alive!!

Your graveyard is screaming

Dead but not forgotten

COH:Murdered

Killed without cause

They threw us away

Put down like a rabid dog

Gamekiller is a funny business strategy

Game Destroyer

He who dies with the most toys only takes the fun out of the world

Heroes in Chains

Eternal Prison

City of Heroes...send us home

I could probably keep going for several more pages...but see if any of those spark something useful for our artists

QuantumHero

AP33
The Phoenix Project
No matter what this community survives

If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2013, 03:33:45 AM »
I'd be willing to chip in my fair share on funding a banner to save CoH....Better than fading into obscurity by remaining silent.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2013, 10:27:42 AM »
These look good, but aren't they major copyright infringement first off?  And what is the intent behind them?  At a glance, they're way too vague, at least to me, insofar as they don't have a link to anything related to getting NCSoft to sell the IP, etc. Is there going to be a centralized site everyone is going to be directed to, that has contact info for trying to get NCSoft to sell CoH or something?  Sorry, just my two cents, but if I'm in here with you guys and it's vague to me, imagine what it's going to seem like to people who never/hardly ever even played CoH.

If they're linking to something concrete like a SaveCOH site or something, is that just not showing yet? 

I just don't think many people are going to understand a 9th anniversary banner.  Websites may even refuse to host it.  It makes CoH look like it's running when it's not or something.  I don't know.  Sorry.

The intent is to link to one of the following:

The youtube documentary about CoH, NC$oft, & the closure, etc
A web page with #SaveCoH & videos
A standalone web site for #SaveCoH

Everything is earlier in the thread. :)

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
I hate to say this, but any ad that contains IP from NCsoft such as the City of Heroes logo or a character from the game would probably be killed pretty quickly by a takedown notice from NCsoft.  And while these look great and I really appreciate the effort, most of them could easily be confused as being created by NCsoft itself, which I'm certain wouldn't pass muster.  Trust me, I'm not trying to criticize, just pointing out that this would open a legal can of worms.

I can see what you mean about the logo.

As for characters of the game ... well, pictures are already being used all over the internet. And youtube. Just saying that maybe chasing after them all, especially since NC$oft has decided to do this For Knox esque way of clamming up, would be more than they're willing to manage.

What about using some of the AP protest pics? Or the Statesman splash page that was doctored to say "We Will Never Forget." Also using #SaveCoH rather than the CoH logo.

Just throwing out some ideas...

Inasmuch as we'd want to avoid legal ramifications (for both us, and the site with the ads), we also want people to know what it is they're looking at.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 04:09:01 PM »
I made a very simple banner saying: NCSoft gave us 8 wonderful years in the skies of Paragon City

Let us Fly Again!
Whoops - I linked it to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGcFC197rfQ

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »
Good feedback. I'll come up with a new design to accommodate the new suggestions. Work just picked up for me, but I'll try to get something put together this weekend for you all to review.

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2013, 05:00:31 AM »

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2013, 03:37:03 AM »
From the earlier post. . . .

150,000 heroes...nowhere to go

Game Unplugged...Please help

Could your game be next?

These look the most interesting and direct, perhaps.  Of these three, I feel that the first is probably the strongest, as it gives a number and an implication that we're not looking to just stop and play other games.  "150,000 heroes.  Nowhere to go." might be a better phrasing with more punch to it.  The "Game Unplugged" lingo (while I LOVE it, personally!) might get us in hot water with the makers of Wreck-It Ralph, given that's a major plot point of that film (unplugging arcade games leaves the characters in them stranded in a surge protector environment forever gameless).  The final of the three is thought-provoking and can encourage a random click, perhaps, but it would need a little more to it to get folks to go for it.

Actually, come to think of it, combining option 1 and 3 of these might work well.

Banner image 1 in sequence: 150,000 Heroes.  Nowhere to go.
Banner image 2 in sequence: Could your game be next?
If a third is possible. . .: Save City of Heroes.  #SaveCOH

Thinking maybe a simple red, white, and blue striped banner background (three lines, horizontal), reminiscent of Statesman's color scheme, though without using his distinctive red-blue-red setup.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2013, 03:09:36 AM »
Tubbius:
Most excellent idea yet! 150,000 players in limbo speaks business opportunity to any potential investor!
Ironwolf, VyoletRose -hope you both are reading this and put this data into the ads.
It's getting better and better, brainstorming our message  ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:25:11 AM by MaidMercury »

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2013, 06:38:21 PM »
I like this new version, "150,000 players can't be wrong".

I think the consensus on the "Could your game be next" message was it could be seen as fear-mongering - although we do want players to know that it could happen to their game too. Maybe we could think of new versions of this message..

Anyhoo, I'll try to work up some new pieces based off the new feedback within the next day or two. Stay tuned :)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2013, 08:01:21 PM »
A new version of the message would be:

Does your game have a plan in place when they decide to close down? Once the City of Heroes servers shutdown - the game was gone. Does Digital Rights Management do the same to your favorite game? Once the servers that allow you to play are turned off is your favorite game gone forever?

DRM games and server based MMO's can be gone in the flicker of an eyelash, this is a list of closed games from just one publisher NCSoft:

MMO City of Heroes
MMO Auto Assault
MMO Tabula Rasa
MMO Dungeon Runners
MMO Dragonica
MMOExteel
FPS Point Blank

There have been many more and soon the requirement of a connection to a server will be more widespread. Unless you have huge numbers like WoW your game could be gone based on the whim of a business decision by a publisher.

I promise to sit down and work on the website, tonight! Any other suggestions?

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2013, 08:35:33 PM »
They didn't close Dragonica or Point Break.  They simply ceased being the publisher of those two games in Korea.  Dragonica got picked up by another publisher, don't know about Point Break.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2013, 11:20:36 PM »
Tubbius:
Most excellent idea yet! 150,000 players in limbo speaks business opportunity to any potential investor!

I'm just reposting what someone else said; I really have NO clue how many players were in the game over time or at any given time.  :)

Thanks for the consideration, and I do understand the negative impact of "Could your game be next?".  Is there another way to phrase that concept without being so fear-mongery?

Heh. . . I teach English, not marketing.  All my marketing know-how comes from sitting next to an accounting tutor at the college where I work and reading the novels of Max Barry (Syrup, Jennifer Government, Company, Machine Man).  I've finished the first two and am about to start the third when I get time!  Great reads!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2013, 11:49:07 PM »
I would normally say be careful with numbers because if you put 150,000 NCSoft fans are in support, but only actually 20,000-30,000 only show up it sends message that the majority of the fan base dont care so why should they. Wait!! Dont listen to that! That's me being toooo cautious and thinking too much into it.

It's an advertisement of course it suppose to inflate a little. Hell yeah, that post looks very good. Straight to the point, good message, and it caught my attention, and gives a feeling of solidarity. So when it's going up?

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2013, 12:04:22 AM »
I can understand the point of fear mongering ... but .... flip side ... 5 games closed in 5 years .... :/
Just sayin'

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2013, 12:16:57 AM »
I can understand the point of fear mongering ... but .... flip side ... 5 games closed in 5 years .... :/
Just sayin'

+1.

That is a fact that cannot be denied. Now we can say 5 games in 5 years or flip it to make it even more horrible sounding WHILE, keeping it true. Although I think 5 games in 5 years would get any MMO player just about to look twice. It takes more than a year of playing long hours to get to level 50 in WoW (well it did take me that long at least.) .

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2013, 04:32:15 AM »
Just sayin'

Yes but two, Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa died in under two years.  That's "infant mortality" phase for MMOs.  No different than Earth and Beyond or Sim City Online from EA.

Exteel wasn't an MMO, not really and as I pointed out Dragonica isn't closed, NCSOFT simply didn't renew the deal as publisher in Korea and now someone else is publishing it there.  It's not even their game.

I'm all for the fear mongering because if Sony and Micro$oft do require the next gen console to be online at all times to play even single player local games then a many fold number of people could experience the "joy" of having a game they purchased cease to function one day due to a whim of the publisher.  This has to be nipped in the bud right now or before we know it we will not own personal copies of anything anymore.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2013, 10:19:50 AM »
Yes but two, Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa died in under two years.  That's "infant mortality" phase for MMOs.  No different than Earth and Beyond or Sim City Online from EA.

Exteel wasn't an MMO, not really and as I pointed out Dragonica isn't closed, NCSOFT simply didn't renew the deal as publisher in Korea and now someone else is publishing it there.  It's not even their game.

I'm all for the fear mongering because if Sony and Micro$oft do require the next gen console to be online at all times to play even single player local games then a many fold number of people could experience the "joy" of having a game they purchased cease to function one day due to a whim of the publisher.  This has to be nipped in the bud right now or before we know it we will not own personal copies of anything anymore.

Mind you, I didn't say 5 MMOs, I said 5 games. And this is not counting Dragonica. Here's the list I found:
Auto Assault - 8/2007
Dungeon Runners - 1/2010
Exteel - 9/2010
Tabula Rasa - 2/2009
City of Heroes - 11/2012

Just saying ... regardless of the infancy or maturity of these games, these are hard facts that would make just about anyone raise an eyebrow. It might also be a good idea to track the Reuters article & quote "game cannibalism" ... if it instills fear ... oh well so be it. It's not without good darned reason. But we're doing nothing but sharing the absolute truth.

EDIT: Actually, this gave me an idea for banner content:

"Game Cannibalism" (link to Reuters on whatever landing page the banner leads to)
5 games closed in 5 years (put the above list on said page)
Could yours be next?

Yes, I know the "could yours be next" might be seen as "fear mongering" but, when looking at the facts, it's a darned viable question.

Heck, apparently NC is already screwing with the release date of BnS, according to an article leaked on their NA FB page. This is what they do. People are flipping out over it, and NC hasn't said a word. ... Sound familiar?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:58:02 AM by Tanklet »

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »
Or what happened to the initial release of the PS3 could happen to the new consoles: people will hear it HAS to be connected to the internet to work at all, and will say, "well, sheesh, I'll just stick with my current one."

(The PS3 was just so ludicrously expensive that nobody bought it for quite some time. This is a different consideration, but one I know to which many people will still react badly enough to stick with their old ones.)

Out of curiosity, why did you spell "Microsoft" with a dollar-sign, but not "Sony?"

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2013, 04:51:42 PM »
Out of curiosity, why did you spell "Microsoft" with a dollar-sign, but not "Sony?"

Old habits die hard.  Not that I'm an Apple or Linux guy or anything but more times than not they've coerced PC companies with their pricing to keep the PC OEMs offering only Windows pre-installed.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2013, 04:56:10 PM »
Ah, so just habitual way of spelling both?

I wasn't disputing the $-usage. While I don't like it, personally, I am not about to try to argue against it on this forum, where such an issue is at best divisive. I was mostly just curious why not "$ony" if "Micro$oft" is your preferred spelling. Didn't know if the former company had a better reputation with you or something.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2013, 05:49:09 PM »
Ah, so just habitual way of spelling both?

I wasn't disputing the $-usage. While I don't like it, personally, I am not about to try to argue against it on this forum, where such an issue is at best divisive. I was mostly just curious why not "$ony" if "Micro$oft" is your preferred spelling. Didn't know if the former company had a better reputation with you or something.

Sony doesn't control an entire industry by default.  Sony has done me no wrong.  But Micro$oft ...

It costs me $100 minimum on top of the cost of hardware to build any PC computer.  OEMs get it for a lot less and for a time only if they also bundled Office.  Then there's the time they tried to add proprietary extensions to IE instead of going through proper channels to get them added to the international standard.  Then the fact it took them until Dx9 to get a 3D API that was as complete as OpenGL which existed years before they introduced Dx1, again not working with the existing standard.  Now they embrace open standards, more often than not.  But there was a time in the 90s they were very ruthless for a company that already controlled 90+% of the OS market.  Back in the mid 80s, early 90s I loved Microsoft, they had the coolest tools but back then they were primarily an OS and development tool company. 

I'm a software developer by trade.  But I've seen Microsoft destroy entire industries over the years.  Industries that had numerous companies competing with each other.  I've seen Microsoft tell developers to use these methods over here, which in turn makes slower, bloated code when Microsoft's developers use entirely different means so their product is faster and sleeker.  I've seen their compilers lag behind 3rd party ones in terms of standards support but you are "required" to use Microsoft's if you want to be able to access newer functions when developing for their latest version of Windows.  They steadfastly refuse to support C++ for at least five years after it became the de facto development language written in programming magazines, books and taught at college and when they did finally come out with a C++ compiler it was a joke, years behind the current standard.  It's almost as if they didn't want people to develop software for their OS.

And it was during those times I decided to call them Micro$oft, like many other disillusioned Windows developers at the time.

Like I said, Sony has done me no wrong.  Microsoft wiped out a vibrant PC landscape in order to become the one dominate PC software company left standing.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2013, 12:05:02 AM »
Well, Apple hasn't exactly been cool either.
In the 90's, I loved Macintosh's. they had the best graphics and PC layout tool. I invested in a Quadra, took all the money I had. Then only to find out I had to buy a $100 mouse to complete the system. PC mice were $14.
I was pissed.

When I worked at Motorola, they had Apples everywhere. They eventually got tired of Apple forcing the company to buy all new computers every time they upgraded their OS. That's a lot of money for a company to keep computers on their production floor. I saw this. Apple eventually told Motorola, IBM they couldn't produce the Power PC either after allowing them to do so for a few years. Not much difference between Microsoft and Apple......just their tactics.

I'm a PC user because Apple is too expensive and these days graphics,software isn't an issue. Nothing personal. Linux probably will be the future anyway.

Quinch

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2013, 01:55:23 PM »
A couple of quick and dirty concepts -

First, a background. Since we can't use the NCsoft logo, I've tried to come up with something that's evocative without being all... infringe-y.

This one... I'm not really sure about, since I'm worried it might come off as coming on too strong on the threat facet - the streak in question is, naturally, the string of shut-down and shuttered MMOs.

I'll admit I'm proud of the tagline on this - it's short, simple, focuses on the positive, plays into the whole "sunset" euphemism for shutdown and emphasizes that it's always possible to bounce back from a negative event.

The composition for these two is an absolute mess, so if anyone thinks they can fix it, that would be awesome. I've borrowed the picture from EspionageDB7 - I've dropped him a note asking if he'd be okay with us using it, as well as checking if there's a version without the red background, given the whole contextual meaning of red color in Korean culture.

As for text, I considered the plural - "the torches are still burning", to imply that there's still a lot of us around, but I think it would have come off as a torches-and-pitchforks kind of deal, rather than "there's still plenty of interest, for good or ill".

The "be a hero" is kind of a multi-pronged deal. It implies that NCsoft has the option to sell CoH out of the goodness of their hearts {or, far more likely, to look that way} as well as a reminder about the "exhausted all options" dismissiveness. Or that they can continue going the way they've been and come off looking the villain.

Think there's anything worthwhile these can be hammered into? Design is not my strong point.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2013, 10:14:55 PM »
I like 'The torch is still burning'. It's obvious the simple meaning behind it.
Nothing to do with 'pitchforks' could be implied by this at all..

I also prefer the text font as well, it's instantly easy to see and read.
the other font [be a hero- call jack] kind of makes you look at it a second to interpret the letters.

The red does kind of reflect the 'urgency' to it. Not sure what red means in korean culture.

If you wish to replace the red, all I can think of is maybe a simplified building gif,- City Hall was the place most people held torches of vigilance.

2nd idea...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:30:56 PM by MaidMercury »

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2013, 02:04:02 AM »
Posted this in a similar thread, but I thought I'd post it here, too:

I just read that the Google pitch package is getting ready to go out (http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7899.260.html).

It seems like now would be the time to put those last-minute touches on the banners and get them out there so Google can easily see that there's still a market for our game and a dedicated community ready to come flocking back (with money in hand).

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2013, 11:45:19 PM »
I'm back.

I've been out of touch for a few weeks with a downed home PC (now fixed - needed whole new boot drive and my technician has been busy) and I've been working 14-hour days at a frantic pace.

However, I'm back and ready to contribute funding for our ad campaign.

We just need:

1)  Ads with no CoH IP and no negative messages that fit the sizes for Google's ad service.
2)  A website to link them to.

I'm sitting here with a ready credit card if we can get these going...

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2013, 12:59:45 AM »
I was told this is former news...
I sometimes arrive late on the scene, but still motivated when it comes to CoH.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »
Ugh!  Ok, this effort looks seriously stalled.  Time to jump-start it...CLEAR!...[zap!]

Vy:  I'm willing to run with what you've got right now and pay for the ads.

Someone else (or maybe also Vy):  No one's stepped forward to create a website, despite Vy starting us off with a rather good template.  So I'm upping the ante.  I'll pay someone to finish her beginnings of a webpage for the ads to link to.  Who wants to earn some extra $?  PM me to discuss, but this is getting ridiculous.  Let's go somewhere with this - both of these threads have derailed into useless irrelevancy and we need to get back on track.

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2013, 03:36:00 AM »
I'm hearin' ya. Work got real hectic this past week, but I have been working on the website code and layout here and there when I can. I'll try to provide a more detailed update this weekend. Good news, work slows down for me starting next week so I'll have more opportunities to work on the website.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2013, 07:36:33 PM »
Update:  Vy says 2 to 3 weeks for her to finish the website the ads will link to.  This week sometime (I hope), I will look into just where I need to submit them to at Google and how much they will cost.  So hopefully middle of June to get these live.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2013, 09:39:03 PM »
Ugh!  Ok, this effort looks seriously stalled.  Time to jump-start it...CLEAR!...[zap!]

Vy:  I'm willing to run with what you've got right now and pay for the ads.

Someone else (or maybe also Vy):  No one's stepped forward to create a website, despite Vy starting us off with a rather good template.  So I'm upping the ante.  I'll pay someone to finish her beginnings of a webpage for the ads to link to.  Who wants to earn some extra $?  PM me to discuss, but this is getting ridiculous.  Let's go somewhere with this - both of these threads have derailed into useless irrelevancy and we need to get back on track.

*ahem*

I've volunteered to help several times. Several times.
If help is still needed to quicken the ETA, I'm still willing to help.

EDIT: And no need to pay me for it either.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2013, 10:41:45 PM »
*ahem*

I've volunteered to help several times. Several times.
If help is still needed to quicken the ETA, I'm still willing to help.

EDIT: And no need to pay me for it either.
Fantastic!  Contact Vy and coordinate with her on website construction.  Her framework for it looks pretty good, now she's just trying to "fill it in" and we'll be ready to run.  Your helping to speed this up would be greatly appreciated.