Author Topic: Update from Paragon Studios: 0 XP Weekend  (Read 14877 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Update from Paragon Studios: 0 XP Weekend
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 01:14:08 AM »
I was playing this while out yesterday without even realizing it!
... and was nude as well.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 01:35:17 AM »
Thanks for the laughs!

Actually, I was, sort of, playing for 0 XP.  We're starting a new Champions RPG game at my store (Adventure Game Store near Ft. Lauderdale, FL) so I spent most of the day designing my favorite hero from CoX to play, an electric blaster.  At least now I won't be gimped by some weak Endurance/Energy transfer secondary effect, and can have a real defense. (6D6 ranged killing attack.. woohoo! .. or, the 20D6 regular attack doing Stun only, after all, heroes don't kill :D) .

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 01:46:39 AM »
Nice one!
No Surrender!

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 09:32:26 PM »
I've always wanted to play CoH on a sandwich, this is wonderful news!

So.. would that be a Hero Sandwich or a Villian Sub?

Botzo

• Minion
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 10:18:53 PM »
Man. Can't wait till the AE Babies throw a fit about this one....

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 11:59:03 PM »
Quit playing on this wall.  This is an unlicensed wall!
No Surrender!

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 12:13:24 AM »
This made me equally gleeful and dead inside. Thanks Tony. :P
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:32:36 AM by johnrobey »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 09:36:44 AM »
Thanks for the laughs!

Actually, I was, sort of, playing for 0 XP.  We're starting a new Champions RPG game at my store (Adventure Game Store near Ft. Lauderdale, FL) so I spent most of the day designing my favorite hero from CoX to play, an electric blaster.  At least now I won't be gimped by some weak Endurance/Energy transfer secondary effect, and can have a real defense. (6D6 ranged killing attack.. woohoo! .. or, the 20D6 regular attack doing Stun only, after all, heroes don't kill :D) .

You are darn right we don't [kill] - we ARREST villains!  Some consider this a minor stylistic point and never wanted to debate other players about this, but personally it added a LOT to my enjoyment of CoH.     8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 09:45:57 AM »
Pfff... I had characters on Protector server earning 0 xp for years. :P
ROFL!!!!!!!  And well said, @glimmershade.  Many of my favorite alts earned 0 XP for huge chunks o' time, especially after I got too lazy busy to even move them from dayjob to dayjob, and yet I only could bring myself to delete TWO of them - and that was only after a thorough review that the powerset combo chosen just wasn't a good idea, or at least one I was certain I wasn't gonna want to play.  I always just thought of these characters as Waiting in the Wings, waiting for the time when they might go On Stage--I guess I have spent too much time around Theater people (especially theater technicians) if I am using such terms to describe my thoroughly imaginary yet digitally realized character creations!   Oops, I've probably "over shared" again.   :-X

Thanks again for your post, since I laughed and laughed after I read it!  Muahaha!!!!!   ;D

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
Quit playing on this wall.  This is an unlicensed wall!
Walls need to be licensed now?!  Is there no end to what I must learn to be part of the early 21st Century C.E.?!?!?!

*considers going back and re-joining the 20th Century but then remembers this O.S. "platform" called Windows 95 and how my fave I.T.  dept. said Windows 3.1 (which was stable) was no longer supported, so alright I'll join this supposed 21st Century (even if I think the year should be more accurately reckoned as somewhere between 7100 and 10,100.)

So, dear @wing8872, what pray tell is a "licensed wall"  (I am having to work really hard not to say "We Don't Need NO Stinkin' Licenses!" but then I realize that we  might.)  I even tried googling "licensed wall" but only discovered important things like not confuse it with a Lich Wall or The Great Wall of China!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 10:05:56 AM »
Cooooooool! Will we be able to pick up some 0 XP Boosters from the Market too, so we can continue to enjoy it later?

*fistpump* I'm so psyched for this! :D

Dear Triplash, Yeah, I just picked up GOBS of 0 XP Boosters and they cost me ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!  Way not to earn, NCSoft!!  I think these 0 XP Boosters will not only be highly collectable (provided one has a sufficiently vivid imagination) but i KNOW these will come in really hand for the next official 0 XP Weekend!!!!  I think I'm psyched for this as well!!  Well, maybe not so much "psyched" as ready.   :roll:

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 10:07:29 AM »
gripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripe
I can't believe the devs are working on this instead of fixing PvP/costume part clipping/Cathedral of Pain/Animated hair
gripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripegripe

;)
LMAO!!!!!!!   ;D

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
I was playing this while out yesterday without even realizing it!
That is the kind of dynamic and innovative game design that I've always loved Paragon Studios for!

Anyone know if the no-costume reward is no addition of a new costume piece or if it is actually a "no costume" as in nude reward? Because I may have received both yesterday, as I received no new pieces and was nude as well.
Wow! No, I don't think I got the new official "no costume" reward!  That's like, what, the Paragon Loyalty reward system Tiers 11 - 17 or something?!?!   I was loyal but on a limited budget and thus could only afford to show so much loyalty at any one time.  I do know I was looking forward to some of the Tier 9 costume pieces so that I could take "scantily clad" to a whole new level - but wait! I still can!  Now I just need to find a pair of briefs that match my skin tone and call it "bare."  I am jealous of you, @Electric-Knight, that you managed to be nude, since that was something I had to work really hard in-game to achieve, and even then, only with limited success.  The people of this town have no idea of just how lucky they are that the only "streaking" I've done (on purpose) was in Paragon City, Praetoria, or the Isles and the few times anyone in CoX hassled me about it, I just told them if it was good enough for Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner then it's good enough for the entire genre!  :D

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 10:38:50 AM »
Man. Can't wait till the AE Babies throw a fit about this one....
Oh what's the Big Deal????  No one knows how to earn 0 XP (or even GOBS of XP) and yet truly learn NOTHING better than AE Babies!!!!

Say, Botzo, can you remind me where the train station is?  I wanna get to Croatoa from AE in AP, so i'll take the Yellow Line.  I would ask some helpful person in Wents to open Ouro for me only I'm not yet 25 14th level!  And besides I don't think Ouro goes directly to Croa unless I'm planning some Time Warping "flashback" journey, like to pick up specific badges or (my favorite silly reason ever) to see/play an entire Arc with unbroken continuity (other than sleep time) and I am NOT, I say , NOT doing the Time Warp again!!!!   :-X

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 03:12:14 AM »
I'll never get that 1 XP to get Lvl 51!
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 01:37:53 PM »
I'll never get that 1 XP to get Lvl 51!
Agent Standin was Level 50+++

Likewise, he only needed 1 xp to get level 51+++  :P
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 11:37:24 PM »
Way not to earn, NCSoft!! 

The wisdom of this decision has clearly been reflected in the "growth" of their stocks over the last few months.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2013, 04:27:36 AM »
The wisdom of this decision has clearly been reflected in the "growth" of their stocks over the last few months.
I feel fully confident that NCSoft Execs are still NOT looking back and still NOT regretting since after all they went to the trouble and expense of professional P.R. to assure themselves us that they'd never look back and regret having closed City of Heroes.  I think there is an embarrassing medical term that describes this:  Gamus Interruptus  that almost always results in mutually unsatisfied partners, along with reassurances to former publishers that these things happen to publishers all the time, and not to feel bad, and probably the publisher execs are just fatigued, overworked, or else having an off day, or perhaps happens to need to take a little vitamin or other supplement to put the lead back in the collective pencil.

It's also  entirely possible that even a great, powerful and magnificent publishing house of world-renown with a proven track record of great foresight and diligence towards care of the customer may have slightly misunderestimated the fan base of those who enjoyed playing avatars who wore masks, capes and often a great abundance of lycra and spandex, enough to rival even an aerobics instructor!   :P

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2013, 10:22:39 PM »
Walls need to be licensed now?!  Is there no end to what I must learn to be part of the early 21st Century C.E.?!?!?!

*considers going back and re-joining the 20th Century but then remembers this O.S. "platform" called Windows 95 and how my fave I.T.  dept. said Windows 3.1 (which was stable) was no longer supported, so alright I'll join this supposed 21st Century (even if I think the year should be more accurately reckoned as somewhere between 7100 and 10,100.)

So, dear @wing8872, what pray tell is a "licensed wall"  (I am having to work really hard not to say "We Don't Need NO Stinkin' Licenses!" but then I realize that we  might.)  I even tried googling "licensed wall" but only discovered important things like not confuse it with a Lich Wall or The Great Wall of China!

Sorry.  was having a Mel Brooks moment.  (Spaceballs)
No Surrender!