Author Topic: Who plays Batman now?  (Read 7964 times)

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
Re: Who plays Batman now?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 11:22:11 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see Spider-man get another reboot once Marvel gets the rights back, especially if they want to include him in the same like as The Avengers and the side movies for those characters.

As far as Batman, JL, etc. I've seen it mentioned in articles, videos, and the like that if a Justice League movie were done, they would likely do the reverse of what Marvel did for The Avengers. Start off with the League members meeting, joining forces, defeating some threat, then give all the characters their own spin-off movie(s).

It will be decades before Marvel has a shot at getting Spiderman back. Spidey has grossed Sony over $1.3 billion and as long as they are actively making Spiderman movies, they keep the rights. Marvel will continue to gather unsuccessful/maybe moderately successful movie rights, like they've done recently with Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider & Blade.

If the new Fantastic 4 reboot utterly fails Marvel will have a pretty good shot at getting them away from Fox, but honestly Fox appears to be doing pretty good, they've hired some excellent talent and I'm looking forward to what they've got going.

Laura Donner at Fox has said some pretty interesting things before about how she believes their Marvel properties absolutely should exist in the same world as Disney's and "wants to talk" about some collaboration. That could eventually lead to bringing X-Men and FF back into the fold.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
Re: Who plays Batman now?
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 11:31:07 PM »
Laura Donner at Fox has said some pretty interesting things before about how she believes their Marvel properties absolutely should exist in the same world as Disney's and "wants to talk" about some collaboration. That could eventually lead to bringing X-Men and FF back into the fold.

Please excuse me, I just had a nerdgasm.