Author Topic: COX Chat Channel & Server Index  (Read 38879 times)

shadeovblack

• Minion
Re: COX Chat Channel & Server Index
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 01:09:23 AM »
It seems the channel has become defunct since I left.  I've recreated it and invite you all to join. It's cohrefugees just like last time.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 12:36:08 AM »
An update on the list:

Cryptic Studios Games* - CoX / CoX STO / CoH Refugees / City of Heroes

* This includes Neverwinter, Champions Online and Star Trek Online: the channels and chat messages are sent across games.

The COX channel is the most popular at 2,000+ users, and CoX STO at 220.  The last two have 50 users total, and are really silent in my experience.

CoX STO is for Star Trek Online players who have a channel to move to when their discussion on builds and consoles to slot gets to be too much for everyone else.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 09:59:52 PM »
As a minor update:

CoH Channels for Cryptic Games --

It's [CoX STO], not [Cox STO].  Not trying to be picky, but channels on Cryptic games are case-sensitive.

CoH Guilds in other games --

Champions Online -- Paragon Dawn is the merger of other CoH Champions Supergroups: Justice Girls, Hero Dawn, and Geek's United.  They even have a website and a radio station.  Other SGs from CoH players are out there, but they're mostly quiet.  Paragon Dawn also has a fleet in Star Trek Online and a Guild in Neverwinter if you're interested as well.

Star Trek Online -- The original fleet (Paragon Fleet) is defunct, so two more were formed with active players: Paragon Expeditionary Fleet for active players, and Paragon Vanguard Fleet for casual and "secondary toons".

Neverwinter -- I'm not aware of a particular City of Heroes only Guild.  The group I'm with is the Enigmatic Order of The Cape, from Cape Radio, and most folks from Cape Radio are ex-COH players.  So it stands to reason if you want to play with other COH veterans, that's a good option.  If there's a specific COH-only guild that's active in Neverwinter, I'm willing to learn of it.

All three games, the best path to an invite is to ask in the [CoX] channel.  If no one from the guild is on at the moment, try asking later but don't give up.  Keep trying, someone who's in a guild will eventually hear you.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 10:09:56 PM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran