Community > Comics and Other Media

Kick-Ass 2 red band trailer

(1/2) > >>

Mandu:
The Kick-Ass 2 red band trailer is out and it looks like great fun.  Two things immediately got my attention. 
One: I wish I could afford a Hollywood physical trainer.
Two: I thought there was a good chance that Jim Carey and his typical goofball shtick was going to ruin the movie.  I was wrong.

Warning: (as if it were needed) Being a red band trailer it is NSFW.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101495

FatherXmas:
It's going to be interesting.

At least in the trailer, Carey isn't all that goofy and I'm betting Hit-Girl will initially look up to him as a 2nd hero father (because it seems he is equally lethal) figure, driving a wedge between her and Kick-Ass only to be become disillusioned by some action of his later in the film causing her to return to Kick-Ass's side.

Lothic:

--- Quote from: Mandu on March 14, 2013, 02:02:56 AM ---Two: I thought there was a good chance that Jim Carey and his typical goofball shtick was going to ruin the movie.  I was wrong.

--- End quote ---

Yeah it's hard to completely judge Carrey's character from just a few seconds in a trailer but it looks like he's going to be playing it more like darker-humor Hank from "Me, Myself and Irene" than his goofy-humor Riddler from "Batman Forever".  Frankly I think that'll work out pretty well for this movie.

SerialBeggar:
Is Jim Carey the one in the camo outfit?  :o  If so, I totally didn't recognize him.

eabrace:

--- Quote from: SerialBeggar on March 15, 2013, 10:42:45 PM ---Is Jim Carey the one in the camo outfit?  :o  If so, I totally didn't recognize him.

--- End quote ---
Yup.  I didn't recognize him until I saw his name in the promo.  "Gee I wonder who he plays... OHMYGOD THAT'S HIM!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version