Author Topic: Talk about your feelings... to Eliza  (Read 2258 times)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
Talk about your feelings... to Eliza
« on: March 08, 2013, 06:31:45 PM »
Eliza go ahead she there to help.  LOL have fun she not judgmental.  Mental on the other hand....
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Adelante

• Boss
Re: Talk about your feelings... to Eliza
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:33:38 PM »
I spent a half hour talking dirty to a lifeless sequence of 0s and 1s.

...and it was still kinda hot.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 02:53:06 AM »
We use to have a version of Eliza on one of the old Macintosh computers in my classroom when I was in High School... It was amusing at first, but it gets repetitive and boring after a while once you realize it's just repeating back what you tell it all the time, and it's not really "thinking" about its responses.

Interesting side note for iPhone users who have Siri, ask Siri to tell you about Eliza... :P

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 03:38:12 AM »
Eliza's not new, of course, but it's fun to play around with.  (It was first made in the 1960s, and it's probably been ported to every single computer ever)

I had an alternate version on the Mac SE called Azile ("Eliza" spelled backwards).  Same basic triggers and responses, but twisted into insults.  (You can still actually buy this one directly from the programmers, but good luck getting a modern computer to run it)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 05:26:23 AM »
Eliza is STUPID.  I hate it.  Within three back and forths, I've got it in a circular pattern.  There has to be a better one than this.

/What a waste of 2 hours...

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 02:18:50 PM »
Yeah she's... (Insert stupid woman comment here.)   Joke aside yes indeed Eliza a dumb Auto  natural language processing program, I would say AI but that's an insult to basic AIs.  Think about it this way... all those games with dialog story arcs and such started here.  The original Eliza was written between 1964 through 1966.

A better one?  Sounds like a challenge for Search Fu!  Now what type of responses you want?  Funny or serious?

There is Artemis

At this site you can get a few Chatbots Including Alice, or even a Captain Kirk!

There is also E.V.I.L. Thought don't think it what you think.  Truth I haven't played much on this site yet.

A list of Chatbots can be found Here
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 10:22:24 AM »
We use to have a version of Eliza on one of the old Macintosh computers in my classroom when I was in High School... It was amusing at first, but it gets repetitive and boring after a while once you realize it's just repeating back what you tell it all the time, and it's not really "thinking" about its responses.

Interesting side note for iPhone users who have Siri, ask Siri to tell you about Eliza... :P

Android has an app called Skyvi that is like Siri, but she just cant understand the name Eliza ???
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...