Author Topic: The Frankenstein Theory- Found Footage Movie  (Read 1988 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
The Frankenstein Theory- Found Footage Movie
« on: March 03, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: The Frankenstein Theory- Found Footage Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:44:03 PM »
It's on Netflix so I got to watch it at last. I thought it was a pretty good little movie. Higher on suspense than gore. If you're not a found footage fan or expect oodles of special effects this would not be the movie for you, but I thought it did rather well.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:47:54 PM »
It's on Netflix so I got to watch it at last. I thought it was a pretty good little movie. Higher on suspense than gore. If you're not a found footage fan or expect oodles of special effects this would not be the movie for you, but I thought it did rather well.

Depends on how it's done, how good the acting is, and if they can maintain a good balance between the subject of the footage and the 'drama' between the characters. Blair Witch wasted way too much time on drama, and didn't do it very well either "I threw the map in the river." And overdone drama is also the primary reason I usually stay away from reality shows.

It also helps when the acting is actually believable.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:11:41 AM »
Depends on how it's done, how good the acting is, and if they can maintain a good balance between the subject of the footage and the 'drama' between the characters. Blair Witch wasted way too much time on drama, and didn't do it very well either "I threw the map in the river." And overdone drama is also the primary reason I usually stay away from reality shows.

It also helps when the acting is actually believable.

I think they did fairly well for the most part though there were a couple of scenes that could have been removed which wouldn't have damaged the movie at all. For the most part, I didn't think the characters made extraordinarily, unbelievably dumb decisions and there wasn't a lot of "shakey cam" going on.