Author Topic: Seems like as good a spot as any for these Screens...  (Read 72561 times)

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
Re: Seems like as good a spot as any for these Screens...
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2013, 12:43:25 AM »
I now downloaded your giant "From the Earth..." image.
Huge...

I like the image where you have  the title
** Insert some comment about "happy little trees" here **

That would be spiffing.  :D

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2013, 01:30:28 AM »
I'll see if I can find the full-sized one for you... I just have to remember which image it is, since I have a bunch of them of that shell taken at various times of day.

ETA: Got it! That was quicker than I thought... It was the first in the series. A morning shot.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:44:22 AM by Brightfires »
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2013, 02:48:47 AM »
Thank you.  ;D

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2013, 03:49:39 AM »
Brightfires, wow.  These are amazing, thank you so much for sharing them with us.

All along I thought I had my machine set to optimal settings for Ultra Mode.  Clearly, I was mistaken.  Your images are gorgeous and now I'm dying to figure out just what did I do wrong in my settings.

As for Tao Tiger...

Many posts upthread, I put in a picture of my orange and black mechanical Energy blaster, Tao Tiger. As much as I liked Tiger's design, though, there was always a problem with him. Even at the absolute max height for the Huge model, he was too small. He looked more like a suit of power armor than the stompy battle mech I really wanted him to be. FCM's demo fixed that.

Playing with the character size in the demo file, he made me the Tao Tiger of my dreams. One the same size as a Praetorian Warwalker...

Incredible.  My favorite bit is how you got the armor pieces to resemble a Tiger face on his torso.  Excellent costuming work.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2013, 06:35:52 AM »
I think the way many of mine look is just a lucky accident; the result of having both a relatively limited draw-distance when everything is cranked to the nines, combined with the particular settings I used re: adding scenery detail slowly as I approached a location. I'm almost certain that's what gives things in the distance that softer, sort-of hazy look that I ended up with so often in the landscape and cityscape screens.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »
It's a bird...
It's a plane...
It's... New Screens!

This set and tomorrow's are all FRAPs screens from Flying Code Monkey's massive Pocket D Project demo, which includes all of his characters, all of my characters, most of their NPC friends and companions and a whole bunch of Ouphs. They're mostly just fun for us, but I feel the need to pimp that demo of his... It is completely insane.

He calls this version of the Project "Unity"...

The only screenshot of Bask, ever, where you can actually see his eyes.

Nuwisha's pack seens to have picked up an extra dog from shomewhere...

A group of First Warders

It took the end of the world for Shade to finally pry Raymond out of his lab...

One of my favorite things from the demo... A War Walker scale Tao Tiger, with Li (his pilot-) perched on his shoulder.

Projector, the master of illusions

Median, with Hadrian and Slaw

Mei and Vernon brought friends.

Nemesis refused to dance, though. 'Something about "newfangled silliness" and "in MY day"...

Mighty!

The Nemissary and his Unquiet Bride... Together! In the same place at the same time! (Which they never could be in-game, since I played them both. XD)

Cardinal was a little miffed... Kes said Paolo was a better dancer than he was. XD

You never know who'll show up for that kind of party...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:33:57 PM by Brightfires »

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »
Part Two of the Pocket D project Unity screens!

A few of the guys couldn't resist holding a pose-off. ("Tanks are all show-offs," Anigan says, "Even when we're Brutes.")

Alas, the judge from Virtue was harsh...

A few of the guests had to pull that classic comic book "return from the dead"-thing to attend.
("Praetor Barry is still stupid," Aaron says.)

Prince was too busy looking stern to dance

The Vanguard mech, likewise

Sinus (the demon of seasonal misery) prefered to go for "lurking evil".

One total slacker and one lightning bug (Khaemon and Fly Voltage)

It's just not a party without Socrates

"So, exactly what color WAS the substance you mistook for your drink, Citizen?" (Nook & Cranny, the detective duo, hard at work-)

"There are multiple giant monsters right behind us, mitochondria floating over our heads, two chatting archvillains on the far side of this platform, and my daughter is dancing with a dead man... How I'm going to drink this soda without taking off my mask is the LEAST of my concerns." (Yeah, Summer is a grump. But seeing him and Sky together still makes me grin. Like Nem and the Bride they were a pair that could never have shown up together in-game. There are several couples like that in the Unity Project.)

Talking Savage into dancing was probably harder than convincing him to square off against Marauder, but Whisper is a determined little thing. (Jet just wants to know why no one is throwing a frisbee for him...)

"What an eccentric gathering..."
Magus Talisander al-Rasani of the Council of Thorns and his apprentice Almirra (A pair of trans-dimensional travelers from my secondary City account-) observe the party, but keep a safe distance.

"I didn't tell the kids who they could invite, so don't look at me. Some of the family keep strange company."
Silver took no responsibility for the guest list.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:21:33 PM by Brightfires »

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2013, 02:59:56 AM »
everyone's partying like it's 1999.  :roll:

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2013, 04:08:16 AM »
I wonder what the odds are of talking Prince into wearing a purple coat....  8)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2013, 02:00:32 PM »
This is what Flying Code Monkey and I did to them...  ;D
Two Monster Hunting Masterminds vs. Three Paladins
That was GREAT!!!!  I really enjoyed watching this video of yours full screen.  Now I am really missing game play, of course, but it was worth it just to see and remember the excellent fun, the amazing graphics, and all the wonderful things that constituted the City of Heroes experience.  Yay for you and Flying Code Monkey and yay for the NPC CW Paladins!  Epic!!!   8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »
@Brightfire, THANK YOU!!!!!   I have now spent many happy hours looking at all the screen pictures you posted here.  I am amazed not only at your photographer's eye (so many are indeed picture and/or postcard perfect) but I also got a kick from reading the captions--you have a great sense of humor!  Nice too that you were able to get various of your characters together; e.g. the Nemissary (great name!) and his Bride.  Thanks not only for the nostalgia and walk down Memory Lane, but you've captured all sorts of details that either escaped my notice, had grown hazy in just the few short months we've been without CoH, or else were things I had never gotten to yet, such as the Devs' Dungeon.  (After all, since I started with Issue 15 and game was gonna "last forever" I felt no need to rush, but instead planned to savor and play for years!)  I also really got a kick from your capturing all of the in-game advertising; e.g. the Loyal Tea & Coffee shop in Prae (ROFL!), or Nick's Weenies, or (my fave) Hellfire blackened Tacos!  (gee, I can imagine readily what clientele patronized that restaurant!)  This visual homage makes me feel ever more grateful and appreciative of the development team for not only all of the big, shiny stuff, but also the myriad of small little bits of wonderful they packed into Paragon City, Rogue Isles, Praetoria, Cimerora, Ouroboros, the Shard Realms, etc.  Thanking you (and them) for this treat!     /em holdtorch      :'(  *wipes a tear and salutes*
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2013, 10:01:06 PM »
Thanks, John. I had a lot of fun making these.

Now, if only I could get my screenshot-taking rump in gear enough to sort through the ones from our demo recordings and actually update this poor thread once in awhile....  ;D

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2013, 04:01:02 AM »
LOL!  Make it a labor of love at completely your own pace.  As far as I am concerned this is Fandom and Fan Activity, not paid professional work!  (Of course I do recall someone once suggesting the definition of "hobby" might be "obsession" but let's not go there.)

Thank you again for these astonishing screen photographs!  You truly opened my eyes to details either forgotten or never before seen (or at least noted.)   :)

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2013, 01:25:40 AM »
~INTENSE WAVE OF HOMESICKNESS!!!!~

Great pix, tyvm

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2013, 06:42:47 PM »
These are FANTASTIC! I don't know why I hadn't seen this thread before. Your computer is obviously able to handle higher settings much better than mine, and so these look great! I didn't play all that much after Issue 18 / 19, so seeing some of the stuff from later on is also good for me.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Taivas

• Underling
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2014, 09:07:10 AM »
These are some really beautiful pictures. Is it alright if I save a few of them to use as desktop backgrounds? I'm desperate to keep CoH in my thoughts as much as possible and these pictures really highlight the magic of the game.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2014, 01:53:36 AM »
Sure thing, Taivas. That kind of "hanging on" to the game is why I posted them in the first place.  8)

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2014, 09:47:46 AM »

The only gas station in Praetoria (Neutropolis)
Unless I'm mistaken, I think it was the only gas station period.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2014, 12:22:21 AM »
Yeah. Never saw a gas station anywhere else.

Though maybe they were invisible gas stations for the buses that never come...........

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2014, 01:13:23 AM »
Yep. I'm pretty sure that was, in fact, the one and only gas station in the entire game.

I like to think everyone drove electric cars.  ;D