Author Topic: Save CoH Radio! Feb 22nd!  (Read 1750 times)

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
Save CoH Radio! Feb 22nd!
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »

On November 30th 2012, NCsoft shut off the greatest online superhero role-playin game ever, however that only turned UP the resolve of it's gaming community! Join Rich (A.k.a. Pogoman) and his trusted, loyal, sidekick- Suzy the Elf,  as they take to the airwaves weekly to discuss the plight of the greatest gaming community in the history of the world! Tune in to see what the players are doing to bring back their beloved City! Join them in their greatest fight ever!
Callers are welcome to join in on air!
Friday night, 7pm-9pm est!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theelf/2013/02/23/save-coh-radio

This week we'd love to hear from all of you!! Call in and talk about your favorite things from COH! Memories, missions, tf's, characters, groups, etc.
Let's tell everyone why we are fighting to get our City back!

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
Re: Save CoH Radio! Feb 22nd!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:26:50 AM »
Will be there.

Johnny Joy Bringer

• Minion
  • AP 33 /e holdtorch
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »
Way to go Pogo!

After the closure announcement I created a character for my wife. My kids wanted nothing more than to see her play. But, with the closure on my mind I thought there should be message in this character. So, I named her character "Save City of Heroes". She played some, which made the kids happy, especially Robbie(8yrs). I moved that character to the Virtue server for the unity rally, since I thought that name would look good for the event.

Just before the rally I received a new gaming laptop. I set it up on a spare desk in my office at home and left it running with that character holding a torch. The day of the unity rally I was working. Then I noticed fighting going on. It was Hamidon, and I moved over here and started fighting. At only 5th level I way able to get 2 hami enhancements. Over the course of the day there were more threats, and we all beat them.

I left that character there on those step every single day. Only leaving the steps to allow the kids to play their characters, or to take Save City of Heroes for a spin. I mainly stayed on those steps. I did my best to encourage others to keep up the good work and asked every single player that passed by to sign the petition to save the game.

I was far from being alone there. Pogo was the almost all the time, as were so many other. The number of dedicated people was huge and there was never a time when the steps were empty, even right after the servers have been restarted.

If anyone is dedicated to City of Heroes it's the hero Pogoman! If you loved the game, you should listen this Friday!

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:23:44 PM »
Cool! I remember your wife's character! Think I have a screen shot with her and Pogoman. Created " Loyal Player" just for the unity rally. Stood on the steps with you guys many times!
Keep it up Pogoman and Suzy the elf. Tuning in Friday!

/em holdtorch

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »
Thank you guys! And I mention, often, on the show the 'Save City of Heroes' character and your 3 children as one of my inspirations for doing this! :) Cya all tonight at 7pm est! Call in and dont be strangers

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 02:19:04 AM »
Flip missed it that dang est . . :(

Johnny Joy Bringer

• Minion
  • AP 33 /e holdtorch
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 03:03:02 AM »
I keep trying to call, but I'm the cook at that time of night, followed by story teller, and then my youngest girl has me keep her company until she falls asleep. I'd love to call in more often.

Sorry I had divided attention tonight. The wife isn't feeling too great, and my little heroes were acting up.

Great show over all. If you don't mind I'd love to call in again.

PS: The kids hang on every word. They might even know more about the system then I do, and enjoy the technical talk.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it. This is why I keep doing this every week. For the good memories we discuss and I know how much this game means to everyone, including me. I do hope the show reaches the right ears and helps, positively, influence their decision to buy the game and get our City back up and running.
Call in anytime!Hope to hear from you, and everyone else, again! Don't be a stranger. :)