Author Topic: Movie Quotes  (Read 211591 times)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Re: Movie Quotes
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2013, 07:35:59 PM »
I... don't think so, Trip.  I got my quote from a totally different movie.  Hm...

Oh... well dang. 5 points from Gryffindor. :(

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2013, 10:48:45 PM »
Oh... well dang. 5 points from Gryffindor. :(

Can I just say Harry Potter or do I have to know exactly, precisely which Harry Potter film this quote is from?   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2013, 11:24:58 PM »

How about "Forget the fat lady! You're obsessed with the fat lady! Just get us out of here!"

I know one!!!!  I know one!!!!  Thats from "Independence Day".

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2013, 12:48:44 AM »
Can I just say Harry Potter or do I have to know exactly, precisely which Harry Potter film this quote is from?   ;)

Hehe... that one's not even a quote, that's just me being a geek ;D

I know one!!!!  I know one!!!!  Thats from "Independence Day".

Yataaaa! :D

/e endzonedance

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2013, 12:55:17 AM »
Hehe... that one's not even a quote, that's just me being a geek ;D
Oh noes!  I've been out-Geeked!!!!   *falls over laughing*   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 07:05:31 PM »
(This movie was interesting)

"Some nights, I'd have to sleep alone. I didn't mind, I would listen to the house breathin'. All those people sleepin'. I felt...safe. "
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »
(This movie was interesting)

"Some nights, I'd have to sleep alone. I didn't mind, I would listen to the house breathin'. All those people sleepin'. I felt...safe. "

Pure guess here but it reminds me of "Cider House Rules".

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2013, 09:22:09 AM »
Pure guess here but it reminds me of "Cider House Rules".
I agree; it does sound like "Cider House Rules". 

Do we win a fabulous prize if we guess right, Healix?

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »
Actually, it was a Quote from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. (You win free dinner for two for only $19.95 + tip  *snicker*)

"Yeah, Tommy was the scientist. Me? I'm just another dumb grunt goin' some place he's gonna regret."

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2013, 02:24:32 PM »
Actually, it was a Quote from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. (You win free dinner for two for only $19.95 + tip  *snicker*)

"Yeah, Tommy was the scientist. Me? I'm just another dumb grunt goin' some place he's gonna regret."

And that is from "Avatar".

Lets see now.....

"Ok, where's my truck?  I am out of here!"

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2013, 02:15:43 AM »
Army of Darkness.  That movie is just pure win.

Mine is this:
"A car's a living, breathing thing, and she's alive. Feel it talking to you. Telling you what she wants, what she needs. All you gotta do is listen. Close your eyes and listen."

Since nobody got mine, I'm gonna just TELL ya then. :)

Rex Racer talking to Speed Racer in that awesome visual fest and corny storyline that I could NOT STOP WATCHING... Speed Racer

I have nothin' to contribute today as a line, nor a guess, so thar ya go.

/"More like a 'non-ja'." - Pops Racer.
//And anything to do with Trixie was good.  Stiletto boots in a helicopter?  Very yes.
///Oh, Shego, where did ya go... I had SUCH a good time arguing the awesome that is Speed Racer with her on the old boards...
////Meeemoriieeees.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pDugHeoXg4

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2013, 02:55:05 PM »
LOL, and thanks for the Ren & Stimpy moment.   ;D

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2013, 05:02:41 AM »
OBSCURE MOVIE QUOTES for $500, Alex..... 

"See, my point isn't to condemn Descartes' thinking.  It's simply to recognize its limitations.  It might have been extremely useful to perceive the world as a machine for 300 years but that perception today is not only inaccurate, it's actually harmful.  We need a new vision of the world." 

(Good luck and this is from one of my all-time favorite movies (1990) and it's neither related to gaming nor action-adventure.  More hints later, if requested.)   ;)

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »
I can't even hit my buzzer on that one.  Good luck to the other contestests....

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »
"Ok, where's my truck?  I am out of here!"

Ooh, that's got Jack Burton written all over it. Is that Big Trouble in Little China?

Ummm, let's see. How 'bout:

"A ship! I find myself being fired upon by an entire ship!"

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 01:45:38 PM »
I can't even hit my buzzer on that one.  Good luck to the other contestests....
Dear(est) Heroette: Hello!!!  (I always love seeing you here on Titan and shall always treasure our last dance underneath Atlas with Penelope Pistol and Capt Aqua!)  :)

Okay, more clues, 'cause this is NOT a mainstream movie; it's probably described as intellectual, art-house fare.  It starred Sam Waterston, Liv Ullman, John Heard and Ione Sky.  It has NO gun fights, explosions, or chase scenes.   It takes place (mostly) on an island off the coast of France, and the "action" is mostly three adults talking.  (I can already imagine the collective groans from the gallery.)  However, this is really a *FABULOUS* film and I recommend it very, very much!!     8)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 01:52:51 PM »
Ooh, that's got Jack Burton written all over it. Is that Big Trouble in Little China?

Ummm, let's see. How 'bout:

"A ship! I find myself being fired upon by an entire ship!"
Here's my best guess, Triplash:
Pirates of Penzance of the Caribbean ?   :D

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 04:30:50 PM »
Here's my best guess, Triplash:
Pirates of Penzance of the Caribbean ?   :D

Nay, ye landlubber. But it is about pirates :)

Oh and Ione Skye is in one of my all-time favorite movies too. Not the one you mentioned though, this one's called "Dream for an Insomniac". It has a little bit of artsy flair in its own right; it starts out black and white, until this guy comes into her uncle's coffee shop and she sees his eyes, then the whole movie turns to color. I always liked that scene.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 06:05:26 PM »
Nay, ye landlubber. But it is about pirates :)

Oh and Ione Skye is in one of my all-time favorite movies too. Not the one you mentioned though, this one's called "Dream for an Insomniac". It has a little bit of artsy flair in its own right; it starts out black and white, until this guy comes into her uncle's coffee shop and she sees his eyes, then the whole movie turns to color. I always liked that scene.

Okay, well....  *queues Buzzer/Gong sound*  I don't know which or what movie your quote is from, Triplash.   ???

Dream for an Insomniac, just the title alone sounds intriguing, so I'll try to check that one out!   :)

And, in case we have any other player-charactercontestants (i.e., I haven't seen Healix on the last couple of days... ) I shall re-iterate my challenge:
OBSCURE MOVIE QUOTES for $500, Alex.....
"See, my point isn't to condemn Descartes' thinking.  It's simply to recognize its limitations.  It might have been extremely useful to perceive the world as a machine for 300 years but that perception today is not only inaccurate, it's actually harmful.  We need a new vision of the world."

(Good luck and this is from one of my all-time favorite movies (1990) and it's neither related to gaming nor action-adventure.  More hints later, if requested, and there are quite a number above as well.)   ;)

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
Dear(est) Heroette: Hello!!!  (I always love seeing you here on Titan and shall always treasure our last dance underneath Atlas with Penelope Pistol and Capt Aqua!)  :)

Okay, more clues, 'cause this is NOT a mainstream movie; it's probably described as intellectual, art-house fare.  It starred Sam Waterston, Liv Ullman, John Heard and Ione Sky.  It has NO gun fights, explosions, or chase scenes.   It takes place (mostly) on an island off the coast of France, and the "action" is mostly three adults talking.  (I can already imagine the collective groans from the gallery.)  However, this is really a *FABULOUS* film and I recommend it very, very much!!     8)

Hi Kristoff!!!  I was just looking at my screenshots this weekend and saw those ones of us dancing.  Yes, good times and days.

And I hope someone guesses your quote so I am not tempted to cheat.

And yes, that was Jack Burton on  my last one.