Author Topic: Random superhero movie moments  (Read 2417 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Random superhero movie moments
« on: March 31, 2013, 04:49:21 AM »
OK, I realize that much of this comes from me being new to the forum side of the community, but I semi-jokingly imagine that everyone on here looks like the griefer from the World of Warcraft episode of South Park. So, when someone mentions that they're not, the voice in my head is invariably Tony Stark in the first Iron Man movie: "Oh my god! You're a woman!"

Of course, the voice in my head does drink like Tony Stark...
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Lucretia MacEvil

Re: Random superhero movie moments
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »
I'm generally pretty far out of the mainstream of internet references, but recently I've started hanging out with a couple of guys who know every meme and 4chan reference there is (so it seems to me).  Occasionally, I'll recognize one of their references, and I always hear Captain America from The Avengers: "I got it! I... I got that reference..."

... actually, I think of that line a lot.... 

It's just so widely applicable to my life (or lack-of-a-life-outside-of-school-and-work-since-our-game-closed- :'().

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »
Sometimes when interacting with other commuters, I can hear in my head Hancock's drawl:

"All y'all...all y'all suck."

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »
Oh, ho ho! You sly dog! You got me monologuing!
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 08:12:35 PM »
When ever someone asks me if I know how to dance, I have this scene play out in my head as to just how awkward it would be for anyone to see it, then I tell them that I'm not allowed to dance...

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 08:27:59 PM »
Yeah, that Tobey Maguire is quite the hoofer!  :o
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 02:48:01 AM »
Quite often when facing something unpleasant (or just thinking about lunch) I come back to the single greatest motivational speech of all time...

"This is egg salad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFC2o44koIA
enjoy
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Stunrunner

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 07:44:36 PM »
I'm generally pretty far out of the mainstream of internet references, but recently I've started hanging out with a couple of guys who know every meme and 4chan reference there is (so it seems to me).  Occasionally, I'll recognize one of their references, and I always hear Captain America from The Avengers: "I got it! I... I got that reference..."

... actually, I think of that line a lot.... 

It's just so widely applicable to my life (or lack-of-a-life-outside-of-school-and-work-since-our-game-closed- :'().