Author Topic: Paragon Music question  (Read 2885 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Paragon Music question
« on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:37 PM »
I have all the MP3's for City of Heroes/Villains now a question - are these copyrighted or as I vaguely recall these were just stock music?

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Paragon Music question
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 10:52:54 PM »
I have all the MP3's for City of Heroes/Villains now a question - are these copyrighted or as I vaguely recall these were just stock music?

They're copyrighted, though at least some were licensed from a third-party sound production company, and some aren't exclusive to City of Heroes.  I don't know who owns the Atlas Park theme, but I know that it's not an exclusive CoH sounds bite.  I don't know where it originally came from, though.</p>

Sleepy Wonder

• Boss
  • MWM: Programmer, UI Designer, Bases
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »
I've actually heard the Super speed turn-on sound effect, as well as the generic radio chatter in certain instances, in various movies, so some of them are probably 3rd party.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 09:54:55 PM »
the radio chatter along with many of cox sounds are also used in champions online to this day. Even if cryptic was involved with both of the games, they still use them.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:21:02 PM »
The missile sound is definitely used in CO.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 02:57:28 PM »
I hear the Atlas Park theme music in my shower almost every day.  Mainly because I'm singing it.  "Daah daah daah daah DUH DUH DUH DAAAH!"

Botzo

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
There was the sludge spitting sound the Hydra used in CoH that CO reused with the Qulaar.

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 08:49:49 PM »
I hear the Atlas Park theme music in my shower almost every day.  Mainly because I'm singing it.  "Daah daah daah daah DUH DUH DUH DAAAH!"

Unhum... and how many people just read that and sang the tune in their heads? ...  ;D
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 10:23:29 PM »
*raises hand*

I don't dare sing it.  I can't carry a tune with a bucket and a map leading me to the song well   :-[
 That isn't just others opinions I listened to a recording of me singing. Yep, bleeding ears  :(
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

Aura Controller

• Minion
  • "Hey, is there room in that head for one more?"
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 01:27:00 AM »
I don't dare sing it.  I can't carry a tune with a bucket and a map leading me to the song well   :-[
 That isn't just others opinions I listened to a recording of me singing. Yep, bleeding ears  :(

Best thing to do is play music just loud enough were you can barely hear yourself sing. And just keep singing. Worked for me anyway lol. I learned at what level I could sing as in where my voice cracks or just out right dies on me. And learned how to make dead zones in my voice work for me. Anyway rambling and off topic. Hah.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AccidentalPsychopath

Look I'm on YouTube!
Is it OK to advertise that down here? O.o
Also does anyone ever read these?

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 03:03:11 AM »
Unhum... and how many people just read that and sang the tune in their heads? ...  ;D
I certainly did. Love that tune.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »

I am curious why you ask.  They are copyrighted but depending on what you may want to use them for that may not matter.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »
Me!

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 02:01:35 PM »

I don't think it's possible not to.

And I have some City of Heroes/Villains MP3s as well. I will always love Bloody Bay and Mercy's music.
- Omega Mk. V

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 03:56:38 AM »

(Edit: It took me WAY to long to remember the bbcode command for images...)

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 10:46:52 PM »
You have to locate the original source of them, in order to use them. CoH used a lot of public domain and royalty free samples, so it can be done. I've found a few of them in my time of study, so it can be done. You just have to be willing to listen through thousands of music catalogs to find it.