Author Topic: Legal push for the release of the IP  (Read 24590 times)

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
Re: Legal push for the release of the IP
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »
I'm trying to contact the BBB to get thier take on this, and no noone said they'd represent me just that what I was saying was illegal for a company to do.

basically we are able to ignore the ToS because it's fraudulent in the area of our law suit. I know the titan network doesn't want to go this road, and honestly I'd rather not go to this trouble either.

but we're going to have a hard time getting a company to buy the IP if every company we contact goes to talk with NCSoft and NCSoft shuts the door and acts like no one is home.

we really need to force them to consider selling the IP and actually according to certain laws we have every right to do so, what NCSoft did was illegal.

I'll send a PM to Tony V regarding this.

this isn't a matter of us being facetious or annoying, this is a matter of NCSoft doing something illegal and we are the only ones who can call them out on it.

Having a hard time following this thread so I may have missed this discussion, but...

What was illegal? And what did a lawyer tell you was done illegally?

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
NCSoft is not going to talk to you about the sale of one of their older games without proof that you can afford to buy it.

They won't just say - Hi Cliff, sure send us a money order for $6 million made out to Mr. Kim and we will mail you the game on a thumb drive.

I have tried to get folks to understand that in big companies there are layers you have to penetrate. Level one is the screening of daily mail and emails. The main bosses do not read the mail until after it is screened by a secretary - EVER. They also do not get emails from an open account - the Corp account email is going to a secretary again or even a service which filter it and send to a secretary things they think are possibly worthwhile to consider.

To get to someone who could help you with deciding if they will sell the game it would likely take a formally written bid with proof of financing and your lawyer contacting their legal office to submit the bid. A random email flunky or even his boss or his boss's boss would have no clue as to whether they would sell anything.

It is a multi-BILLION dollar company. They are not gamers, they are business flunkies investing and selling games.

In fact rather than suing the company you would be even better served at sending them the stock report showing since they closed City of Heroes and alienated over 100,000 people their reputation with the gaming public has been badly tarnished. If they would like the very people who have stood up and fought against them now for 5 months to work FOR them, they could show an act of good faith and make public their willingness to sell the game to the highest bid recieved in the next 6 months.

THIS MIGHT provoke a response from someone more than a flunkie. If I did this I would work through the investor relations folks and buy a share or 2 of the stock first.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »
Tony V has already posted in this thread asking you not to do the groundwork discussion here. To do it elsewhere. Just curious on how you think a PM would make him change his mind? Titan Network folks have already stated a couple times that we won't assist with or host action against NCsoft.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2013, 05:16:01 PM »
Tony V has already posted in this thread asking you not to do the groundwork discussion here. To do it elsewhere. Just curious on how you think a PM would make him change his mind? Titan Network folks have already stated a couple times that we won't assist with or host action against NCsoft.

I'm just telling him the case info.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2013, 05:19:53 PM »
But that doesn't change our stance on not hosting or assisting with action against NCsoft. We're not saying you can't link to it here - but we're not going to host it, put discussion somewhere else. We're not going to help it. We don't want the possibility of it being seen as a Titan effort - when it's against Titan's wishes.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2013, 06:29:16 PM »
... the Titan Network probably isn't the best place to round up support for a lawsuit.
Tony V has already posted in this thread asking you not to do the groundwork discussion here. To do it elsewhere.
Joshex, how much clearer do they have to be?

Look, you might be convinced that you have an airtight case.  Sadly, you're the only one.  If Titan Network were to be seen hosting legal action against NCsoft, which then fails, it could be seen as attempting to rake NCsoft through the mud, which would hurt Titan's image and make it difficult for people to take our efforts seriously.

Heck, just launching litigation against NCsoft could hurt Titan Network's credibility.  This would harm every other effort Titan has launched to try and get CoH purchased, including Team Wildcard and Task Force Hail Mary.  Do you really want to do that, Joshex?

If you want file a lawsuit against NCsoft, do it on your own terms, on your own time, on your own webspace, and with your own community and preferably, with your own professional legal counsel.  Not here.  This community has got too much at stake to be involved in an action like this.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2013, 07:16:12 PM »
NCSoft is not going to talk to you about the sale of one of their older games without proof that you can afford to buy it.

They won't just say - Hi Cliff, sure send us a money order for $6 million made out to Mr. Kim and we will mail you the game on a thumb drive.

I have tried to get folks to understand that in big companies there are layers you have to penetrate. Level one is the screening of daily mail and emails. The main bosses do not read the mail until after it is screened by a secretary - EVER. They also do not get emails from an open account - the Corp account email is going to a secretary again or even a service which filter it and send to a secretary things they think are possibly worthwhile to consider.

To get to someone who could help you with deciding if they will sell the game it would likely take a formally written bid with proof of financing and your lawyer contacting their legal office to submit the bid. A random email flunky or even his boss or his boss's boss would have no clue as to whether they would sell anything.

It is a multi-BILLION dollar company. They are not gamers, they are business flunkies investing and selling games.

This.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2013, 07:22:05 PM »
Yup NCSoft is just as much gamers as Commodity buyers are farmers.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2013, 03:06:45 AM »
Don't worry, I Understand fully, this case has nothing to do with anyone here or titan network itself, and I will never claim so.

if anyone from here wants to help/join they will have to agree that they are doing so out of thier own desire and that it has nothing to do with thier ties to Titan Network.

I will put up a website of my own when it's underway.

now for something fun:

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/objection.swf?s=NCSoft%20your%20ToS%20cannot%20claim%20that!%20You%20do%20not%20have%20a%20right%20to%20do%20what%20you%27ve%20done!

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/objection.swf?s=Titan%20network%20does%20not%20condone%20or%20support%20my%20Lawsuit%20against%20NCSoft

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/objection.swf?s=I%20am%20not%20a%20female%20dog%20having%20puppies,%20you%20shut%20your%20%$#@!?%20mouth%20when%20Phoenix%20Wright%20is%20speaking!

I will hold off on any law suit until we get an outcome from V.V.'s contacts at google.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:37:53 AM by Joshex »

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2013, 11:50:26 AM »
Yet you're still coordinating here, asking for help from people and announcing an upcoming website. Seriously, just the fact that this thread is here hurts Titan's image. I think it would be best deleted and this discussion taken completely elsewhere.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2013, 09:43:32 PM »
Yet you're still coordinating here, asking for help from people and announcing an upcoming website. Seriously, just the fact that this thread is here hurts Titan's image. I think it would be best deleted and this discussion taken completely elsewhere.

asking and making a statement are 2 different things, I was again echoing what has been requested by Titan network regarding this: to make clear that they have nothign to do with it and that anyone from here that joins in it will agree it is by thier own terms not from titan network.

besides I will not be linking the site I make to this thread, and currently I am not asking for support par'se infact I havn't even told anyone here openly what the lawsuit is about except Tony V whom is not affiliated with this in any way, and I plan to keep it that way.

Consider this my personal plan ZI Alpha, it comes into effect if negotiations fail and companies give up. cause to be honest with the case I came up with I could have NCSoft by the balls with my pet aligator jaws of life.

seriously, why didn;t we have such a powerset? Reptile Summoning summon multiple savage reptiles from aligators and snakes to dinosaurs and dragons lol

for now this thread will sink to the bottom of the thread list as there is currently no action associated with it.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2013, 09:47:48 PM »

seriously, why didn;t we have such a powerset? Reptile Summoning summon multiple savage reptiles from aligators and snakes to dinosaurs and dragons lol

* my feeble attempt to lighten the mood here*
Well, if the game went longer, it might have been a possibility, but something about the models. At one point, four legged creatures was considered to hard and unlikey but eventually with hard work, they made it happen.

I would have liked to make a villian lawyer that summons his friends in the form of snakes as the first set of pets, two alligators, and a mutant frog as the third tier pet that make a constant croaking sound or at least croaked when it dies.