Author Topic: I wrote a book! (fixed link)  (Read 9312 times)

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
Re: I wrote a book! (fixed link)
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 12:39:32 AM »
Awesome!
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 01:27:47 PM »
Now I'm done reading.

A very fun ride into the world of an ex supervillain.  Me I would have liked to see a bit of him trying to go straight before he went to rob the bank.  That way we could have seen the frustration he had of having his past before he returned to the life of crime.  Other then that I really enjoyed it and like all books I enjoy I wish it was longer and can't wait till I read part two.

Something I noticed sometimes the TITANS were called the Titans of Justice, other times it's the Titans of Liberty.  My guess is one name is from an earlier draft and you didn't catch them all.

I hope he keeps his Villainistic edge as the story continues.  I do enjoy how.. well I won't spoil it for others, but the ending is fun.  I also have a hint that Rampart the Hero team leader caught on on who the Machinist really is.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 02:46:34 PM »
Something I noticed sometimes the TITANS were called the Titans of Justice, other times it's the Titans of Liberty.  My guess is one name is from an earlier draft and you didn't catch them all.

Crud, I thought I caught all of those.  You are correct.  Thanks. :)
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 07:27:13 AM »
I've opened up a thread on the theme of supervillains, on my blog, if anyone's interested:
http://yesiammaisey.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/my-top-5-supervillains/

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 04:15:29 PM »
Alex,  I just finished your book and I have to say I really enjoyed the read.  Your characters are enjoyable and the action throughout the story continues nicely.  I really like the character of the Machinist and could see the City of Heroes elements of a rogue mastermind. Looking forward to reading the sequels so get to writing. 

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 05:53:27 PM »
Thanks!  I am working on it as fast as I can :)

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 01:38:39 AM »
Mikoroshi!  This is awesome.  I will pick up this up on my kindle.  Just wanted to say though that I think it is awesome you did this.  I love seeing people putting their mind to something and then doing it.  As my momma use to say to me, you are that far ahead of everyone else too afraid to take that first step.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 08:10:51 AM »
Mikoroshi!  This is awesome.  I will pick up this up on my kindle.  Just wanted to say though that I think it is awesome you did this.  I love seeing people putting their mind to something and then doing it.  As my momma use to say to me, you are that far ahead of everyone else too afraid to take that first step.

Cool man! Thanks for the support!

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 11:42:50 PM »
On or around May 4th, ,the price of my book is gonna drop to $1.99; I am going to list it for free this week for 24 hours though.  I will post here when it is free, and when the price has gone down.  Hope you all have been enjoying it.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
Malevolence will be FREE 4/18 only!
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 03:29:07 AM »
Hello all!  My book is going to be FREE tomorrow (Thursday 4/18) on Amazon Kindle for 24 hours, if you want to pick it up!  The sale will start approximately midnight PST (3am-ish EST) Here's a link.

Enjoy!

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:45 AM »
The link doesn't work. :(

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 02:42:43 AM »
I got the book and have another to read first, but looking forward to it.

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 03:11:11 PM »
Read the teaser on Amazon & liked it.
Downloaded it before taking my daughter to the doctor's office so I'd have something to occupy there.
Really enjoyed the whole thing.  Yeah, there were a couple of minor tics, like the Titans thing, but the storyline was original and it took me back to Paragon City.  I was a little annoyed that there was no hint of origins, of the "how" so many got from normal to super, but got past it and just let the story stand for the love of City.  Sadly, it was over too quickly.  The hour and a half doctor visit was the entirety of its lifespan for me - so get back to work.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2013, 02:08:49 AM »
And now I've read it. It's not bad at all, seemed a bit heavy on the death and blood, but I have to say I did enjoy the book and can't wait until the next part comes out.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2013, 02:42:45 PM »
Hey guys!  I've been busy so I didn't check on this.

Thanks for the kind words.  As for the death and murder, I was shooting for something a bit more grounded in reality.  As for origins--I personally dislike origin stories at the beginning of tales.  Superhero movies tend to make me cringe because of that, honestly.  That said, Machinist 2 is exploring Mac's origin and I've written a few "shorts" about a handful of the background characters' origins.  I wanted to get in on the action without dictating an elaborate backstory first.  But you'll get the history soon, I promise.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 12:53:49 AM »
I figured you were going for more gritty and 'realistic' but it can be a surprise to me which is silly when you think about what some of these characters do. So wasn't bad, just something that is still a little jarring for me.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 03:22:58 AM »
You people looking for origin stories are gonna be happy.  I rejiggered the plot outline for part 2 over the last two days, with help from my fiancee and a murder mystery author that lives in my town (I'm helping her format two unpublished novels to release as ebooks), and now it covers just about every question that I, as a reader, would want answered... but leaves those things that should be a mystery as such for as long as the plot demands it.

shadeovblack

• Minion
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 04:38:45 AM »
I just finished reading that and came to this section of the forums to find recommendations for more superhero books. Now I get to tell you that I LOVED IT!

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »
Thanks guys!  As always, reviews are greatly appreciated... even more so now that my book is available on Nook!  I've also got some other news that pertains to it, and Comic Con 2013... Click here to check it out!