Author Topic: I wrote a book! (fixed link)  (Read 9307 times)

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
I wrote a book! (fixed link)
« on: February 04, 2013, 03:41:45 PM »
Good morning!  Today, my first eBook went live on Amazon's Kindle Marketplace.  I'm posting here to let you all know because it features characters inspired by ones my friends, fiancee and I created in CoX.

The story is called "The Machinist, Book One: Malevolence."  It's the first of three stories I have about the titular supervillain.  Here's the blurb!
Recently paroled supervillain Nicholas McHenry wants to get back in the game, cracking bank vaults and superhero skulls. But not even twenty-four hours go by before McHenry is arrested and humiliated by the world's foremost superhero team. Framed as the mastermind of a plot to take over the world, McHenry needs to clear his name with the heroes--But between him and his retribution stands an army of his villainous brethren, all of whom want him dead.
If you'd like to buy it, click here!

Also, here's the awesome cover by Doug Shuler and our own Liz Chesterman:

If you're a classic Marvel comics buff, you'll get the homage.

Thanks for your consideration!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:24:36 PM by mikoroshi »
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

pewlagon

• Boss
Re: I wrote a book!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:41:15 PM »
Nice! My mythos will be taking a similar route soon (tm). Picking this up to read while I job hunt.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »
Nice! My mythos will be taking a similar route soon (tm). Picking this up to read while I job hunt.

Good luck!  I've been doing side jobs myself since I got laid off last year.  It sucks but there's lots of writing time, right?

Thanks for picking it up. :D
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 08:24:21 PM »
Fixed link.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
Re: I wrote a book! (fixed link)
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 08:30:50 PM »
Got awesome reviews coming in and I'm being interviewed next week by Curiosity Quills press!

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 09:25:19 PM »
Definitely post a link here.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 10:20:51 PM »
It's up top at the first post but here it is again! http://www.amazon.com/Malevolence-The-Machinist-ebook/dp/B00BAO1CIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359990217&sr=8-1&keywords=B00BAO1CIY

(reviews go there; I have a blog where I'm posting independent ones)

Aleksandros

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »
Got it - added to reading list, should be able to drop a review in a day or so ;)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 03:09:44 PM »
Aww darn it I don't have a Kindle.  I'm a Barns and Nobles NOOKie!  Is there an edition that's not in the Kindle format?
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »
Aww darn it I don't have a Kindle.  I'm a Barns and Nobles NOOKie!  Is there an edition that's not in the Kindle format?

You can download the Kindle reader for PC.  I can't do Nook/Smashwords for 90 days per the contract I've going.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 04:23:53 PM »
Got it - added to reading list, should be able to drop a review in a day or so ;)

Thanks!

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 08:14:50 PM »
Congratulations on the book.  Thanks for the message.  I can't wait to pick this up.  I just have to free up some room on my iPhone and download the kindle app.  Good to know I can install the kindle reader on PC.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 10:44:16 PM »
Congratulations on the book.  Thanks for the message.  I can't wait to pick this up.  I just have to free up some room on my iPhone and download the kindle app.  Good to know I can install the kindle reader on PC.

Here's the link for the Kindle PC app: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000426311

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
Malevolence will be FREE today
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 03:41:53 PM »
I decided that since I'm stuck home due to the snowpocalypse and so will others, to give people something to do I'm listing it for free on Amazon.  Hasn't kicked in yet but it should:
https://tinyurl.com/afetn6a

Aleksandros

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 09:49:32 PM »
Bah - well worth the cover price of an average comic from my pull list (Only $2.99 when I picked it up yesterday) - and a nice read. Pretty good initial showing for a new author, keep em coming, I'll keep picking them up  ;D  Very comparable to the H.E.R.O. line of books, also picked up on Amazon.

Really need to get some type of CoH successor on my screen soon, at the rate I'm devouring superhero fiction as a pacifier, I'm gonna bankrupt myself...

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 03:06:19 AM »
Welp, good news and bad news: It didn't go free today.  It will, however, go free for 24 hours as of 12am PST tonight.  So if you're curious and you want to read my book, tomorrow's the day!

Aleksandros

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 05:28:44 AM »
Don't wait folks - take the cost of one of DC's New 52 books, and spend it on something you'll enjoy instead ;)

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 06:25:19 AM »
I just want to thank everyone who bought it so far or picked it up while it was free for the support and tremendous reviews!
I'm busily working on book 2 and need to get back to that.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »
I just got an email from Austin Grossman, who wrote the superhero book "Soon I Will Be Invincible" and the video game "Dishonored" saying the following about my book:

"It's good. I was really sold on the inventive, specific physical details... Brilliant stuff that puts it a level above most written & drawn comics.

And I thought the plotting was a really smart way to cross between the worlds of hero and villain (if I had thought of it, I could have spared myself having to write two separate narrators.)

I had a great time reading it, and I plan on reading any and all followup."

Brain esplode.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 06:39:46 PM »
Way to go man can't get much higher credit then that.  I be reading your book now given I just finished "Soon I will be Invincible".
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!