Author Topic: Let's go and meet the Bronies  (Read 2869 times)

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
Let's go and meet the Bronies
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:56:18 PM »
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

TerminalVelocity

• Minion
Re: Let's go and meet the Bronies
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »
Ha. I don't watch the show, but that still put a smile on my face, so thanks.  ;D
@Bullet Barrage
I left the forums with 1,337 post.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 05:23:59 AM »
I admit that was funny, but still

Why the fixation on butts? Not that I would generally mind it, but on a (supposed) kids show? :o
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 12:44:09 AM »
Why the fixation on butts? Not that I would generally mind it, but on a (supposed) kids show? :o

A kids show that I can't rationalize how it ever got passed the censors is the old Cartoon Network's "Cow and Chicken".  In particular the secondary character known as the Red Guy.  :o (I googled that video, I didn't watch it through.)
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 05:37:18 AM »
Why the fixation on butts?

I was just checking out the cutie marks, honest!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 08:17:23 AM »
A kids show that I can't rationalize how it ever got passed the censors is the old Cartoon Network's "Cow and Chicken".  In particular the secondary character known as the Red Guy.  :o (I googled that video, I didn't watch it through.)

I guess you don't remember Ren & Stimpy doing the butt-bump (or whatever you want to call it), and it would actually make a kissing sound everytime it happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkiSYmn74os

Pretty sure there were things on the show that were even stranger, but I only remember this because the song was done to death.

As for how butts are acceptable in children's entertainment, I'm doing to take a wild guess: butts were a comedic device before they were ever a sexual one. I can't prove this though. I tried googling it. I found a million links talking about when breasts became sexualized. But I couldn't find a single one about butts.