Author Topic: Young Justice and GL canceled  (Read 6693 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Young Justice and GL canceled
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:35:49 AM »
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

pewlagon

• Boss
Re: Young Justice and GL canceled
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:04:26 AM »
Young Justive faltered with Invasion, but Green Lantern was just hitting its stride. [Spoiler Warning] Guess Razer was destined to be alone. I hope Saturday's episode is good enough as a wrap up. Or let's hope they re-introduce the relationship in the actual comics. It would get me into New 52 at last.

fdbryant3

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:06:49 AM »
I was enjoying both.  Networks are really to ADD when it comes to cartoon shows.

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:18:35 AM »
Hopefully, this will make room for another anime Pokemon or Bakugan.

At least I can dream  :roll:

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:09:50 AM »
Wonderful /em sarcasm.  I'm sure that the two shows that are replacing them will be much more like the DC shorts.  Poor animation and really stupid jokes. 

DC apparently has decided it isn't good enough to come in second to Marvel in the movie department.  They also have to fail in the cartoon department.  I sure as hell hope this attitude doesn't spread to their direct to dvd releases as well.   I can just see it now "Justice League vs the Gas Giant"  A movie about a Celestial who ate too many beans.

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 03:53:33 AM »
well once they run their course. im pretty much done with CN. the network died along time ago imo
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

Arnabas

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 04:02:45 AM »
I haven't watched any GL, but I enjoyed Young Justice when I watched it. My only real issue with it was that it seemed to have one episode every six months.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 05:20:56 AM »
Cartoon Network wants to get into the silly reality/gameshow TV and pour animation series because those have low overhaed which mean more advertising money for the higher ups. The new Batman is, I believe, the same animation studio as Green Lantern. Which makes no sense in removing Green Lantern. Would have loved to see them paired. Heck, two hours of DC Nation would have been epic! But, no, we get a silly version of Teen Titans and more Clone Wars which, again, is odd since Disney now owns the rights. Yeah, Cartoon Network is pretty much done for me after Green Lantern finishes its run.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 05:38:39 AM »
Dagnabit.  I never found anything wrong about either show (other than Kevin Conroy not doing the voice of Batman).  But then again I'm not even ankle deep in DC continuity to be outraged over any changes they may have done.  And as for GL's CGI Timverse style, again it didn't bother me at all.

Not all that excited about the new Batman ( with action Alfred and sword wielding female sidekick) or the SD Teen Titans, which while cuter begs the question why do they need to kiddify the look even more than they were originally.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:59:24 AM »
Wonderful /em sarcasm.  I'm sure that the two shows that are replacing them will be much more like the DC shorts.  Poor animation and really stupid jokes.

The recent multipart kung fu Batman shorts were all action and well-animated.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 12:06:35 PM »
From what I gather, Teen Titans Go is going to be a pure comedy series.  Remember in the old Teen Titans show, how all the action would suddenly stop and everyone would grow giant heads and they'd shout at each other for a few seconds?

So I figure the basic idea of the new show is going to be like watching just those parts for a half-hour.  No action, no supervillains, no saving the world, just large-headed kids shouting at each other about who has to clean the dirty dishes or pick up their socks for 22 minutes plus commercials.

As for Beware the Batman - well, it could be good, but I'm not excited about it.  It'll have to do a lot to win me over, considering Batman has always been one of my least-favorite characters ever (and my favorite Batman shows have always been the ones where they take things a little less seriously).

Especially coming after the "death" of my favorite superhero game, I'm really disappointed.  YJ was one of the few shows I've been making it a point to watch at all.  (Not just cartoons, shows in general)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:48:18 PM by Thunder Glove »

TerminalVelocity

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 08:36:29 PM »
Aw, man. Seriously? I was enjoying Young Justice.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:26:18 PM by TerminalVelocity »
@Bullet Barrage
I left the forums with 1,337 post.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 09:20:25 PM »
Well, crap.
And I'm pretty sure even the new PPG stuff will suck...at least compared to the original series.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »
Annnd I just read up on the New Batman and have no desire to watch it. Sounds like the creators want nothing to do with the Arkham Asylum types and are pitting Batman against Mobster type villains from his staple. Zzzzzz..... Also, they seem to have a thing against the Joker. Instead of refusing to acknowledge his existence why not simple undershadow him, or better yet, since it IS based on the criminal underground why not have them onsidder him too much of a loose end and have them secure him away. As it stands, no thanks.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 05:13:14 AM »
Wait, what?
Batman without the Joker? But the Joker defines Batman :o
I'm bad and that's good.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 07:08:07 AM »
My main issue with the new Batman series so far is that it looks like it's getting the same terrible CG animated look that plagued the GL series.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 01:53:12 PM »
My favorite part of Young Justice was the character designs. They took characters which all to often looked silly and made awesome costumes or just completely overhauled characters into better back-stories, looks everything.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 06:05:38 PM »
terrible CG animated look that plagued the GL series.
I actually like the look, it fits GL... but yeah, don't want to see it on Batman.
It would be just too shiny for the Dark Knight.

Young Justive faltered with Invasion, but Green Lantern was just hitting its stride. [Spoiler Warning] Guess Razer was destined to be alone. I hope Saturday's episode is good enough as a wrap up.
Yup, can't wait for his inevitable rampage...also there's 4 more episodes, not just one.
Well, at least i hope CN finishes the season instead of just cutting the end off.

On an admittedly quite far off side note, I don't really like the new GL's costume, Simon Baz...the mask looks too much like Kick-Ass ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:15:54 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 08:28:58 PM »
Wait, what?
Batman without the Joker? But the Joker defines Batman :o

They'll probably use all these relatively new characters (except for Ra's Al Ghul, they were all created in the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s) as "day-to-day" threats, and save the more well-known classic villains for the "big" episodes.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 11:35:47 PM »
If characters from the 80's are relatively new for you, then I am relatively young compared to you :P

Can't go back too far either, or you'll reach the time where Batman villains lasted about one issue...
I'm bad and that's good.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 03:51:04 PM »
They're not relatively new "for me", they're relatively new compared to the likes of the Joker, the Penguin, the Riddler, and the other "classic" rogues, who were all created in the 1940s and 1950s.

It doesn't matter how old you are, the 1980s are still more recent than the 1940s :D