Author Topic: New column from Matt Miller (Positron)  (Read 4723 times)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: New column from Matt Miller (Positron)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:23:32 AM »
Interesting.  I wonder if we would have ever seen time-bound pack items if CoX had gone on longer.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:51:36 AM »
Matt should comment on Skylanders. Now there's a way to make big bucks. The small figures are around 10 bucks a piece; the Giants around 15. Certain zones make certian types of Skylanders more powerful in that zone than others, and there are places where a Giant's strength comes in handy.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:27:53 PM »
I have to say that I really hate those locked boxes that Champions keeps dropping for me.  It makes me feel like I didn't really get anything from that mob other than a bill or a ransom note.

I don't sell them to anyone because I can't be bothered to get involved with the economy; I just want to log in and do superheroic stuff.  I just delete them or sell them to a vendor.

They aren't providing me with anything other than a bad taste in my mouth. Random packs in a store would be fine - I would have to go to the store to get them.  Random packs in my backpack just smacks me in the face that I'm being monetized.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:35:58 PM »
I have to say that I really hate those locked boxes that Champions keeps dropping for me.  It makes me feel like I didn't really get anything from that mob other than a bill or a ransom note.

I don't sell them to anyone because I can't be bothered to get involved with the economy; I just want to log in and do superheroic stuff.  I just delete them or sell them to a vendor.

They aren't providing me with anything other than a bad taste in my mouth. Random packs in a store would be fine - I would have to go to the store to get them.  Random packs in my backpack just smacks me in the face that I'm being monetized.

They "supposedly" cut down on the drop rate but yeah I'm not interested in vehicles and just delete them. They are good for inventory filler.

Difference of course with a mob note, it's usually pay or something bad will happen. Here, delete, forget, nothing happens. To me they are no more or less bothersome than the other tons of crap I cant or have no use for that drops. But from what I seen, it's like thta with random drops in any game. 95% of the stuff is useless crap, 1% usuable, 4% worth the trip to the market of some sort. My deletion rate is about the same in CO as in COX so it's normality to me.

zaprobo

• Minion
    • Journal of a Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 04:38:16 PM »
And the latest article is up - on Dynamic Events.

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/26714/Dynamic-Events.html

I'm enjoying Matt's column - good to hear from him "beyond" CoH.