Author Topic: Age of Conan  (Read 2300 times)

Kurrent

• Minion
Age of Conan
« on: January 14, 2013, 01:30:59 PM »
I'm currently playing Age of Conan on the Set PVE server.  It's pretty fun, but it's soooo different.  It is an M-rated game, although you have the option to turn some of the more M-rated stuff off in the game options.  If anyone wants to check it out, it (like almost everything else now) is free to play, so you can do so without cost.  It is very, very different, so consider yourself warned, but at least the PVE server is fairly friendly and gives you time to learn.  It's a very beautiful game in terms of graphics, but it requires more hardware than CoX did, so you might have to adjust your settings at first.

Several Sisters are playing SW:TOR now; I know Tinkerbel, Daisy Diesel, Frazier and Lauryian are all TORing it up.  I'll probably give that a look as well.

Geez, I miss everybody.  Both the characters and the players.  Maybe one day we'll have something that brings us back together.

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
Re: Age of Conan
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 08:15:06 AM »
Never tried either of those game as of yet, been messing with DC Universe Online recently. Really miss COH, the comminuty, all the players on Liberty server and the SSE (Sisterhood Sunday Event).

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 09:01:57 PM »
I tried 'Age of Conan' when it came out.  I never even finished the 30 days play time that came in the box.

Primantis

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 08:07:54 AM »
I tried 'Age of Conan' when it came out.  I never even finished the 30 days play time that came in the box.

Likewise.. I found it quite dull, the gear looked terrible, and none if it even work.. That's right, they released the game in such a state that something as essential as gear stats weren't working right!

Regardless, I'm sure it's pretty polished up now, it had quite a bit of potential. The graphics were indeed gorgeous, but it takes more than that to make a game.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 09:51:51 AM »
I enjoyed it in Beta but after launch when I stepped outside the 20-level tutorial zone that had sucked me in I began to dislike the game.  It was too directionless and vast, and when I finally found the handful of quests near my level they quickly became too difficult.  And I have to admit, I got some amusement out of taking a female spellcaster to level 20 topless.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »
Managed to get 3 lvl80 chars in AoC long ago deleted due to unexistent customer service after going F2P, a HoX, a Demo and a DT but I lasted a while on that game mainly because I was lucky enough to end up in a great guild that unfortunately does not exist anymore. Main AoC's problem is that the game goes kinda downhill after Tortage, still, it's a good game and way harder to master than other games like WoW due to its complex combat system. All in all, it can be good fun, pity the F2P mode does not includen my two favourite dungeons.

Also played TOR at launch and for a few months afterwards managing to lvl up a couple 50's, an Assault Trooper and a Shadow Sentinel while had other lowbies on the go. Unfortunately, after first char replayability is awful since 80% of the content is common to every char while character personal questlines only amount roughly 20% of the content. Was tempted to play it again after it went F2P but having to spend store points to even have a second action bar was way too much for such a poor game.-