Author Topic: It looks as we are overseeing something important...  (Read 11980 times)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: It looks as we are overseeing something important...
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2013, 01:01:46 AM »
I don't want to beat this horse anymore; it's completely off topic. But I will say that, with respect, I think you are one of those people who don't realize just how much music can affect us.

You probably weren't around back then but in my lifetime I've seen music help stop an unjust war, impeach a corrupted President, gain civil rights for minorities and so much more. The very culture that surrounds you is affected by music and all other art forms. Hell music has even been used a tool of propaganda and brain-washing which I find hideous in every respect. Don't fool yourself, there's a lot more depth here than you realize.

ah. I see. I thought you meant on a personal level. You seem to mean humans, as a whole. Cant definilatey speak on what music means to anyone or everybody or human but yes of course as a whole, music have an effect from what I can see. On a personal level, not so much, which is something I can say in a definititly undeniable manner. Unless of course you or someone else know me better than I know myself.

But yeah on a personal level, which I know for a fact, as of course I know myself and how music affected me personally.  I can definitely say that it dont effect me much. Nope I wasn't there during those wars, use it to brain wash people, or used it to impeach a president and thus it dont convey nor bring up those types of emotions in me. I haven't used music to calm myself, to protest a war or anything. It's another form of entertainment to me just like a screwdriver is another tool. How it is used in other hands, much stuff can happen. A person can build something or they can take a life, depends on the person and what that screwdriver means to them. But even the screw driver as a whole to humans is very significant.

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2013, 01:39:14 AM »
Hey, maybe Kim is a hoarder.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 06:32:55 AM »
Hey, maybe Kim is a hoarder.

Why did that make me laugh so hard?  Either way, bravo sir I tip my hat to thee!