More Titan Projects > Icon

A Different Kind Of ICON Fun!

(1/9) > >>

Fennec:
Now that I am getting better at demoediting, I find the need to tweak some costumes to better fit the design in my brain.  So I decided to start editing the costume .textures themselves.

My first two are the Zombie shorts and the Unified Field Cape.  I always wanted to wear the tattered shorts, but have smooth, regular legs and not be all zombified.  As for the cape, I HATED (notice the all caps) the friggin' wrench in the design, so I got rid of it.  I think it will fit more concepts now.   (Regular version on the left, modified on the right.)

I am already working on more, but I would like feedback, suggestions and/or requests.  Maybe those of us doing this could swap files or tips.  Thanks!  :)

daveyfiacre:
oh my god that looks fantastic! i've always wanted that zombie bottom!!! how can i get it? :)

so you're mostly replacing existing textures, not adding new texture options, and nothing with changing 3-d stuff, right? cuz that's a lot more work and might be beyond current abilities im guessing?

i've always wanted: the starshot cape without the star but retaining the stripe.

also, would it be possible to replace the data for a skin i know i'd never use for an available name like "Grey Test" [tight bottoms, male] with data from "barbarian" [bottoms with skin, female] that had been tweaked to look right on the male frame?

cuz i'd like that, and the same with "Grey Test" [tight tops, male] and "Monstrous Fur" [tight tops, male] - but tweaked to just look like decent chest hair XD

houtex:
NICE.  Very much so.  Like the results!

Fennec:

--- Quote from: daveyfiacre on January 11, 2013, 03:20:24 PM ---oh my god that looks fantastic!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: houtex on January 12, 2013, 03:58:24 AM ---NICE.  Very much so.  Like the results!
--- End quote ---
Thanks guys!

--- Quote from: daveyfiacre on January 11, 2013, 03:20:24 PM ---i've always wanted that zombie bottom!!! how can i get it? :)
--- End quote ---
There might be a way, stay tuned at the bottom of this post for a trial.  :)

--- Quote from: daveyfiacre on January 11, 2013, 03:20:24 PM ---so you're mostly replacing existing textures, not adding new texture options, and nothing with changing 3-d stuff, right? cuz that's a lot more work and might be beyond current abilities im guessing?

also, would it be possible to replace the data for a skin i know i'd never use for an available name like "Grey Test" [tight bottoms, male] with data from "barbarian" [bottoms with skin, female] that had been tweaked to look right on the male frame?

cuz i'd like that, and the same with "Grey Test" [tight tops, male] and "Monstrous Fur" [tight tops, male] - but tweaked to just look like decent chest hair XD
--- End quote ---
Yes, replacing and editing (and maybe a few new) textures, but not editing the models in any way.  Now as you may (or not) know, each costume piece is usually 3 separate files (the main look, the bump map and the mask).  Some also have reflection maps.  The Unified Field cape above uses 7 files to create the look.  With that in mind, I looked into your requests and here's what I found:

The GREY TEST chest and bottoms are one and the same.  And there is only the one file, no bump, no mask, no reflect.  So I'm not sure what I want to try with it yet.

The hairy chest idea is a good one and I will add it to my list of things to try.  :)

The Barbarian male bottoms have 3 files, but modding the female into a male texture will require 4.  I am working on it, but it will replace the female options and only be available in DemoEdits.  Sorry.  I have completed the male port of the Witchblade textures which behave the same way.

(Original female pattern on male body on left, altered version on the right)
I left pasties so the pattern could still be used with the female body, and also because I thought it was cute.  ;)

--- Quote from: daveyfiacre on January 11, 2013, 03:20:24 PM ---i've always wanted: the starshot cape without the star but retaining the stripe.
--- End quote ---

Like this?:

(Original on left, altered on right)

If this is what you had in mind, I'd like you to be a guinea pig for me and try this link to my SkyDrive.  I've never used it before, but maybe it will work.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A062E3DFDABF6CD0!122&authkey=!AC-3a36cL_eOlCE

:)

daveyfiacre:
OMG YES! *squeal* now i want that metal-skin too.

Okay soooooo... I am just about the least technologically inclined person evar. I downloaded the texture library, but what am I supposed to do with it, or where do I extract it to?

also... *cringe* I cant figure out how to do a demo-edit. I was looking for a beginners guide with VERY CLEAR how-to directions but I couldn't find one [but I'll look harder]. I have another demo-edit file ready [i think?] but don't know where to put it or open it with...

I'm sorry that I'm just about the dumbest guinea pig.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version