Author Topic: Tanker Tuesday: CHAMPIONS ONLINE  (Read 11693 times)

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
Tanker Tuesday: CHAMPIONS ONLINE
« on: January 08, 2013, 01:51:51 AM »
Okay goys and burls.
From now on, the first post of this thread will contain all the info for the current Tanker Tuesday event.

January 2013: TANKED AND SPANKED!
February 2013: TANKED AND SPANKED!
March 2013: TANKED AND SPANKED!

April 2013: OPEN TANKING SEASON!

Dates:
  • 04/02/2013
  • 04/09/2013
  • 04/16/2013
  • 04/23/2013
  • 04/30/2013
Time:
  • 9:00 PM Eastern
  • 8:00 PM Central
  • 07:00 PM Mountain
  • 06:00 PM Pacific
Assembly Location:
  • Millennium City Instance #2, In front of the Champions Building
What to bring?  Is it a tank?
  • Yes: Cool!  You'll fit right in!
  • No: Cool!  You'll fit right in!
In short, while we started off as a Tanker-only event, the differences between our original game and CO have made the distinction of straight-up tanking somewhat superfluous.  So come as you are.  We'll do everything in our power to get a team for you.

Other Requirements:
  • A little bit of patience.
Most of us are still fairly "new" to the game.  Any assistance and guidance is always appreciated.

Resources for Tanker Tuesday:

Web: http://www.tankertuesday.com
Google Plus: https://gplus.to/TankerTuesday
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tankertuesday/
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TankerTuesday
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:46:48 PM by Hyperstrike »

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
Re: Tanker Tuesday: January 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 04:04:36 AM »
I'd come if I didn't have class at that time!

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:17:50 PM »
As I've said before.

Nobody is "obligated" to show up.

We're just holding the event at that time.

If you can't make it, just squirrel the info away someplace.  Just in case you CAN make it some time.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 02:49:18 PM »
As I've said before.

Nobody is "obligated" to show up.

We're just holding the event at that time.

If you can't make it, just squirrel the info away someplace.  Just in case you CAN make it some time.

Yeah I know. I just wanted to be supportive and let you know I would come if I could. Tuesdays will become free for me in about two months.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
Re: Tanker Tuesday
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 10:56:49 AM »
Here's an image of our team at the conclusion of the Aftershock Comic Series from last night's Tanker Tuesday.

One team member left before the finale, but the remaining four carried on and then discussed with Defender and Witchcraft.

As a newcomer to CO, I particularly appreciated our team's veteran leadership. I learned some things along the way... for instance, when I talked to Defender, I did not receive the 2,000 Questionite reward. Evidently, I had not spoken to the UNTIL Liaison individually to get the mission before the team set out, which meant I didn't get a reward--ouch! Oh, well, it was great fun sharing fellowship with ex-CoHers as we adventured through the epic storyline.

Thanks for organizing. I'll look forward to next time!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:28:47 PM by Todogut »

Empyrean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:35:43 PM »
EhrMahGherd it makes me so happy to see familiar things like Tanker Tuesday on CO!  You are SAINTS for doing it.  Much love and "I'm not worthy" bows.

Pep Rally

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 11:30:16 PM »
Sorry about that Emp.  Even though I've been playing CO off-and-on since launch(LTS), the teaming protocols still baffle me sometimes. Teaming has always been pretty rare in CO, and mostly saved for Lairs.

I did use the "Share" command when I got the mission from "the guy next to Defender, Liaison something or other", and it seemed to work for the others. Maybe it didn't work for anybody, and they got it themselves.  CoH's team building tools just make so much more sense.

I did, however, have a very fun time, and it's the first time anybody has finished Aftershock on a TT I believe. I've now completed that, and Whiteout on TT's.

In previous TT's, Serpent Lantern failed for time, and Resistance seemed to be bugged at the end with an insanely regenerating Force Field on shadow destroyer, as well as only having 4 at the end.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 11:10:09 AM »
We're slowly getting a handle on things.

About the only thing we can't plan around are game-breakers like that Resistance bug.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 01:44:18 PM »
He is actually beatable, he's just orders of magnitude harder than anything else in the entire game. I believe what you're suppose to do is kill the rifts, which drops his forcefield and allows you to damage him. But I may be misremembering that.

And when I say orders of magnitude harder... imagine if doing it the Really Hard Way was the intended method of beating the Magisterium trial. That's how hard it is, almost.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 01:55:10 PM »
He is actually beatable, he's just orders of magnitude harder than anything else in the entire game. I believe what you're suppose to do is kill the rifts, which drops his forcefield and allows you to damage him. But I may be misremembering that.

And when I say orders of magnitude harder... imagine if doing it the Really Hard Way was the intended method of beating the Magisterium trial. That's how hard it is, almost.

Yup. You have to pop the bubbles when he is by them and you have to do it fast. You can't let that aoe shadow attack thingy hit you because it leeches your health and heals him. The fight is a pain in the ass and really hard, but it's completable. I managed to do it with a group after hours of trying. It reminds me of the first day Cuda came out and we had the wrong team makeup to kill Reichsman and couldn't overcome his Regen.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 03:51:38 PM »
No.  The one we were in was legitimately bugged.

All the enemies were conning Level 1 (like the destroid event bug), and we were killing everything.

But his shield just wouldn't drop.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 05:13:27 AM »
During Tanker Tuesday on 1/15/13, our team of five heroes braved Dr. Destroyer's Robot Factory Lair.

Here, we battled against Dr. Destroyer's look-alike creation (kind of like a Fake Nemesis).

Pressing onward, we ran into even bigger trouble.

Still, we managed to triumph.

Three of us stayed on for more adventure in the Serpent Lantern Adventure Pack.

We battled against Viper foes in their jungle base. Good times.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 06:30:39 PM »
I like that one. Sorry I couldn't make it last night. Next week? :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 07:22:24 PM »
I really need to go to these. I keep forgetting.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 08:24:25 PM »
Here's the trick to beating Shadow Destroyer at the end of Resistance.

When Shadow Destroyer spawns, several small Void Riflts also appear, and Shadow Destroyer will naturally approach one of them.  This rift sustains his hyper-regenerating damage shield - destroy it, and the shield will go down and Shadow Destroyer will be stunned for about eight seconds, giving you some time to pound on him.

Don't approach the big rift in the center of the battlefield.  Getting in the pink effect will cause steady damage-over-time and slowly drag you to the center.  If you touch the center itself, you've got a second or two to escape before you're instantly defeated.  The big rift is simply an environment hazard; at no point do you need to interact with it or even step in it during the fight.

Dr. Destroyer will happily tank everything that Shadow Destroyer puts out, if you let him, and will also tank the lesser Trey Kings monsters too.  If you can get them all hung up on Dr. Destroyer, then you can focus solely on Shadow Destroyer and his rifts.  Dr. Destroyer is pretty much impossible for Shadow Destroyer and his monstrosities to kill, even when he calls out Endbringer (see below).

When Shadow Destroyer gets low, he will retreat to the Qliphothic Rift and a cutscene will play, where he will summon Endbringer.  Endbringer is fantastically powerful, but Dr. Destroyer can still tank everything that Endbringer can dish out; let him do so and beat down on Endbringer mercilessly.  Periodically, Shadow Destroyer will emerge from the Qliphothic Rift to harass you while you're fighting Endbringer.  When he does, drop everything and maul Shadow Destroyer until his shield drops (Unlike with the void rifts earlier, it takes very little effort at all), and then he'll retreat back to the Rift.  Once he retreats, return to beating Endbringer down.

When Endbringer is defeated, you've won.  A cutscene will play, Dr. Destroyer will gloat, and you get your loot.

NOTE: I'm not sure if it's Normal difficulty or Soloing that activates it, but you may have the assistance of a couple Resistance members during the final fight against Shadow Destroyer.  They won't actively fight, but they will produce Green and Blue boosts for you to pick up.  If the Resistance members are there, make use of them.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:33:16 AM by Kaiser Tarantula »

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 04:29:18 PM »
For Tanker Tuesday of 1/22/13, I wanted to run the Teleios Tower lair mission. Unfortunately, choosing this mission caused some problems with forming a team:

1) We didn't know how long it would take, and one person couldn't stay late.
2) One person hadn't been to Canada before and so got sent to the Crisis in Canada zone.

Sorry for the problems... I'm still new to Champions Online and rarely team, so I don't know how everything works.

Five heroes stormed the lair of the mad geneticist, Dr. Teleios. We fought his creations--dinosaurs and clones.

Things got even weirder when we encountered the Ultimate Mind--a giant, disembodied brain.

After quelling the threat in the Canadian wilderness, another team formed in Millennium City for Dr. Destroyer's Robot Factory. Notably, our unlikely ally, Foxbat, survived! He's almost as suicidal as Fusionette.

The team proceeded to the Destroids Rise Again open mission. For the final challenge, the team issued zone chat requests for help. Other heroes came to our aid (kind of like calling for help when Babbage appeared in Skyway City during the Synapse task force) and put down the last of the Destroids.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 05:54:00 AM »
On the last Tanker Tuesday of January, our team of five heroes ventured to the Burial Caves lair in the Canadian wilderness. Inside, we battled against evil spirits and realigned magic totems in order to confront the necromancer, Necrull.

Victorious, we then answered a call for help on Monster Island and stormed the laboratory of Dr. Moreau, creator of the Manimals. Moreau's lab was guarded by the monstrous White Rhino.

Next, we braved a Viper nest and fought the supervillain Ripper...,

... Dr. Dino Demogaard after he had activated his latent dinosaur DNA...,

... and a Teleiosaurus hatchling.

Not bad for one night's adventures.

UruzSix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 02:54:23 PM »
I really gotta get on Pep's team next week.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »
"straight from the dead."

Any update on anymore Tanker Tuesdays yet?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 06:18:59 PM »
Hyperstrike has a graphic for Tanker Tuesdays over on the CO forum, so I would assume so. I haven't logged in on a Tuesday in a couple of months, so I can't say for sure.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 06:22:40 PM »
Hyperstrike has a graphic for Tanker Tuesdays over on the CO forum, so I would assume so. I haven't logged in on a Tuesday in a couple of months, so I can't say for sure.
thanks.

Now anyone have a flame thrower and a chainsaw?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 08:25:57 PM »
A chainsaw I can borrow, but a flamethrower requires a trip to the hardware store and an 80s montage.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »
Sorry guys.  Tracking TT across a couple boards, facebook, the TT website, G+.

Yes, TT is still going on.

Doesn't work as well across a light background.

Actually the blurb about the powerhouse theater is old.

We meet in front of the Champions HQ in Millennium City.  Instance #2.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
Uh, so, that's why I stood in the theater for an hour and no one showed! Yeah, that's it!

(Actually, I have two tests tomorrow, and a project due Friday. I will be on next week, though. :) )

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 02:28:51 PM »
Sorry about that.
Have fixed it.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
Re: Tanker Tuesday: CHAMPIONS ONLINE
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 08:46:01 PM »
Okay guys!  I've had a request from Todogut to repurpose this thread for ALL TT going forward.  Since it will beat having to search for new TT threads every month.

Todo?  What does it feel like to be a genius with an IQ of about a thousand and ten?

So, going forward, this thread will house all things time-and-date related for the TT: CO event. 

The first post will be updated on a monthly basis.  So, if you want to follow, bookmark it and sub to this thread.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 09:32:11 PM »

What does it feel like to be a genius with an IQ of about a thousand and ten?

The same as having the I.Q. of one thousand and ten P.E. Teachers?  :D

http://youtu.be/jEp7I_2FjhQ

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 04:39:00 AM »
an IQ of ... a thousand and ten?

Is that binary numerals? One-Zero-One-Zero?

Thanks for the update, Hyper.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 04:57:45 AM »
The same as having the I.Q. of one thousand and ten P.E. Teachers?  :D

http://youtu.be/jEp7I_2FjhQ

Uh.  No.

x̄ / N  (Essentially mean/average divided by the number of people in the group)

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 03:26:03 AM »
I finally got around to uploading a video that I had captured during the Tanker Tuesday of 3/5/2013. It shows a five-player team storming "Teleios' Tower".

For your viewing pleasure.

Pep Rally

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 01:34:01 AM »
Great Video!

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 04:47:49 AM »
One of my characters has the Skipping the Rift mission, which includes the Nemesis Confrontation objective. Are there four level 40, UNITY-member heroes who have a nemesis and would like to run NemCon during the 5/7/2013 Tanker Tuesday?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:13:34 AM by Todogut »

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 05:06:39 PM »
Well - just attended my first Tanker Tuesday last night. I had a good time rolling with Robot Ronin. You guys are awesome of course. :D

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2013, 06:56:29 PM »
Sorry I wasn't able to stay last night guys.

Was at my apartment starting to slowly move stuff out to storage.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »
Is Tanker Tuesday still in effect? I haven't been to one in a long while because my schedule changed, interfering with the 9 p.m. eastern start time.

Probably I can rearrange my schedule for this coming Tuesday, September 10. My behemoth character, Todogut, has three missions that require a team of five:

Trumping the Shark - level 39 in Lemuria

Arvad, Alone and Dethroned - level 40 in Lemuria, this mission begins the Mandragalore lair.

Entering Andrith - level 40 on Monster Island, this mission begins the Andrith Ruins lair.

I have never played any of these missions, so I'm looking forward to experiencing them. Is anyone interested in teaming?

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
My only problem with this is that ever since the last patch I crash when entering Monster Island if I swap out the original texture file that now crashes me in MC, And I don't know if I'll crash when I try to enter Lemuria.

I'll see if I can park a guy there and report back.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:57:58 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2013, 12:06:22 AM »
Haven't tested this theory yet by going to Lemuria due to it is currently a hassle, but, If we stick to Lemuria and MI or anywhere outside Lemuria and MI (one way or the other, I mean), then I shouldn't have any crashing problems, So, I'll come running with fingers crossed if we get peeps.

Judging by the short signup list so far maybe you were too short notice on this one, Todogut. Everyone that's playing probably gamed their brains out last week, too. I know I skipped some chores that I'm still catching up on...

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 04:55:52 AM »
Sorry to those who haven't seen.  TT has been going on in CO.  I simply haven't been able to make it myself every week due to work and family obligations.
It's still going on until all interest in it wanes.  I'm not abandoning people who want a super team, even if the game itself isn't so super.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »
I already had a fairly strong opinion before I rolled up my first FF toon or even saw the process. After rolling up my first FF toon and being exposed to the FF system this opinion has been firmly reinforced.

That opinion would be: CO is very super.

Hey the patcher fixed my zoning/crashing issues with a texture.hogg file replacement awhile back ago. It actually did something after a Verify for the first time ever.
Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2013, 02:27:17 PM »
I already had a fairly strong opinion before I rolled up my first FF toon or even saw the process. After rolling up my first FF toon and being exposed to the FF system this opinion has been firmly reinforced.

That opinion would be: CO is very super.
indeed.