Author Topic: *Sigh* Statesman Symbol Sighting  (Read 12716 times)

Adrenalin

• Lieutenant
*Sigh* Statesman Symbol Sighting
« on: January 06, 2013, 04:23:02 AM »
Sitting here watching a re-run of the Big Bang Theory and one of Will Wheaton's "entourage" had on an (of all things) orange t-shirt with a Statesman symbol on it. Now I'm sad.  :'(

Angelus Animi

• Lieutenant
Re: *Sigh* Statesman Symbol Sighting
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 04:52:14 AM »
I watch that show all the time.  Earlier they were in the comic book store and I could see tons of CoH stuff on set.   :'(

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 05:21:29 AM »
Sitting here watching a re-run of the Big Bang Theory and one of Will Wheaton's "entourage" had on an (of all things) orange t-shirt with a Statesman symbol on it.
Orange?  I don't remember spotting him (though I probably did at the time).  Now, Captain Sweatpants, on the other hand...

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Adrenalin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:32:15 AM »
It was in season 4 episode 8, "The 21 Second Excitation". And, after taking a closer look at the pic you posted eabrace, it's the same guy! Either he's a major CoH fan, or they had a whole box of Statesman t-shirts in his size. lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMoI2Fy2DgM (first part of this clip has problems but it clears up pretty quickly.)

Oooo I know Angelus, my hubby, son and I play "find the CoX references" all the time during comic shop episodes.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 05:53:36 AM »
There's one of the fancy maquette (sp)? Statues of Statesman in Sheldon's room.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Adrenalin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »
I tried to find a pic V, but couldn't. Will have to keep an eye out for it!

Gilliam

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 11:17:07 AM »
Captain sweatpants  has been a back ground extra from season 3 of Big bang  at lest 6 episodes to date
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 07:39:24 PM »
I'm actually disappointed that the promotion of the owner of the store to "recurring" has meant less screen time for the comic book store, and that's not even for the background "eyecandy."
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Gilliam

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 02:15:10 PM »
He return Last night and Still wearing his statesman Shirt
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »
There is also a City of Villains logo on the wall somewhere. Maybe behind the counter?
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

RedRaccoon

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 08:15:14 PM »
He return Last night and Still wearing his statesman Shirt
Made me feel a little better when I saw that.

But how cool would it have been if he was wearing a Save CoH shirt instead?

Adrenalin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 07:19:45 PM »
Hmmm... maybe we should get him one, and an AP33. :)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 07:37:03 PM »
I was looking for any of the other stuff that was usually there and didn't see it, but it was nice to see Captain Sweatpants, again. I got excited enough to get a strange look from my wife! :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 07:47:17 PM »
I don't suppose we could suggest that they do an episdoe about a "Supers MMO" being shut down and Sheldon not taking it well?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 07:55:42 PM »
That might be bordering on a Very Special Episode. Which is kinda funny with Blossom practically being a regular cast member, now.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 02:56:02 AM »
I don't suppose we could suggest that they do an episdoe about a "Supers MMO" being shut down and Sheldon not taking it well?
It was talked about once by some of the Save COH peeps. Not sure if they got a chance to contact the show in any way. I'm sure someone there knows, though.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 11:56:18 AM »
The most recent episode had Captain Sweatpants in his Statesman logo shirt once again.

I fear the logo may become associated with BBT and not our game.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 12:24:10 PM »
Kind of like my "Sheldon" shirt that is green and has a lantern logo on it? :roll:

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »
The same guy was in the comics store wearing his Statesman shirt in the episode that aired 01/10/2013.
When the girls decided to go in the store and see what the big deal was about comics. The guys were on their way to the Bakersfield comicon.
 :D

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:11 PM »
The same guy was in the comics store wearing his Statesman shirt in the episode that aired 01/10/2013.
When the girls decided to go in the store and see what the big deal was about comics. The guys were on their way to the Bakersfield comicon.
 :D

That's what I was talking about the other day :)
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

no hero

• Lieutenant
  • Regens "do it" solo! :)
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 08:18:43 AM »
I have a Statesman symbol sighting everyday...
we have them plastered all over our cars :)
Samantha:  "I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If a Player and a Game love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?"

Jerry:  "Never."

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »
Maybe we should plaster pix of Captain Sweatpants and other COH sightings from the show on facebook, etc. (My poor facebook friends!) I'm posting.