Author Topic: So.....what to play now??  (Read 8580 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: So.....what to play now??
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 05:16:14 AM »
I wish TF2 had a co-op campaign mode rather than just being a pointless arena/deathmatch-type game.  The characters and style it has are fun.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 07:59:50 AM »
I wish TF2 had a co-op campaign mode rather than just being a pointless arena/deathmatch-type game.  The characters and style it has are fun.

Well, there's the "Mann VS Machine" horde mode if you want co-op action. Deathmatch isn't the first game type that comes to mind when I think of TF2; the game's based around objective-based modes such as payload, king of the hill, capture the flag, attack/defend, and capture points.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 08:13:28 AM »
Well, there's the "Mann VS Machine" horde mode if you want co-op action. Deathmatch isn't the first game type that comes to mind when I think of TF2; the game's based around objective-based modes such as payload, king of the hill, capture the flag, attack/defend, and capture points.

I want progress-through-stages-with-friends-whilst-upgrading/leveling-and-simultaneously-progressing-a-story-peppered-with-occasional-cinematics-and-boss-fights mode.  AKA Co-Op Campaign.  Horde/survival/deathmatch/capture-the-flag/etc. modes are all under the same banner to me and I have no use for them.  Might as well be playing Monkeyball or something.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.