Author Topic: Status Update (January 1)  (Read 27918 times)

Surelle

Re: Status Update (January 1)
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 10:41:30 PM »
Thanks so much, Tony!  I am always amazed at how positive, upbeat and level-headed you remain, no matter what the situation.  The ability to see the good of any situation is an awesome life skill to have, and it's uplifting to read your take on things every time.   :)

Just one question:  This reverse engineering you speak of...will it allow those of us who still have CoH installed to play it again on massively multiplayer servers once all the reverse engineering is complete?  And if so, where do I donate to this cause?   :P  I sure hope I'm reading what I think I'm reading there.  I have all 38 of my toons backed up with Sentinel and Pandora's Box is just begging to be opened....

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 10:52:34 PM »
For one more PS staffer, Dink, who did costume 3D, she's @SDink on Twitter and has been doing a steady stream of commissions.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 11:22:39 PM »
And what do you classify someone who can take overall descriptions and turn them into the specifications for coders?

(my coding skills are not the best, but I can break things down to let coders do their jobs)

A systems analyst in the company I worked for in the UK. Some people did both jobs as analyst-programmers.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 12:19:31 AM »
ICON is terrific! Just seeing my characters again kindled new hope.

I'm excited about the future of our community.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:17 AM »
Thanks for the update Tony--and furthermore, thanks for keeping the community alive. I miss CoH terribly, but if i wasn't here, I think I'd be much worse off than I am when it comes to feeling homesick. :) I don't think I can ever sum up how much I truly appreciate Titan boards. Hopefully 2013 will bring us back to the City we love. :)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 12:30:57 AM »
I imagine it a bit like Captain Sisko walking triumphantly back onto DS9.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 03:51:27 AM »
So, in the case that CoH is bought and we are able to play it again, what will happen with our Plan Z projects?
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 03:52:17 AM »
Thanks for the update Tony! There is no doubt that eventually something will happen because people want it to happen.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 05:13:12 AM »
So, in the case that CoH is bought and we are able to play it again, what will happen with our Plan Z projects?

Caveat: I am not part of either project so this is just supposition.  Having had one warning that our game can be yanked from under us without warning, I presume they will carry on.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 06:50:54 AM »
Caveat: I am not part of either project so this is just supposition.  Having had one warning that our game can be yanked from under us without warning, I presume they will carry on.
Or offer our work as a basis for CoH2....

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 08:03:13 AM »
thanks for the update as usual TonyV !
--

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 03:42:05 PM »

Probably nothing will change with it, in the sense that they'll continue exactly the same as they are now.

If Plan Z lives or fails, it won't be because CoH comes back to life or not, at this point, I think.

ThePhlebotomist

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, 12:01:02 AM »
Thank you so much for the update!

Could someone give me a pointer to where the server reverse-engineering work is being done and if it's on github or somewhere?  I'm a software engineer but I've never worked on games before and I'd love to help if I can.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 12:06:15 AM »
Could someone give me a pointer to where the server reverse-engineering work is being done and if it's on github or somewhere?  I'm a software engineer but I've never worked on games before and I'd love to help if I can.
It's not public.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 03:27:25 AM »
Even if COH did come back, wouldn't it be awesome if we had excellent games spawn from both Heroes and Villains and the Phoenix Project? :D I certainly wouldn't mind having THREE wonderful super hero games to play.  ;D

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 11:49:56 AM »
Same here, I'd love to have the problem be too much choice, rather than the only really good game being gone.

Steele Magnolia

• Minion
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2013, 08:30:30 PM »
Thanks for the update, Tony.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 09:26:34 PM »
Aw shucks, you're welcome!

Occultist

• Underling
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2013, 10:52:32 PM »
My son and I want to say thank you for Icon.  It is fun to build new characters.  And thanks to all those keeping hope alive.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 05:08:53 AM »
Having ICON and the demorecords we were able to make before the End of Days has been a real comfort.  Thanks so much, Tony, and everyone who's working so hard to convince investors that CoH is worthy of resurrection.  Because, as any comic reader worth their salt knows, no hero (or villian, for that matter) is ever really truly gone.