Author Topic: Time Traveled Back To Now To Tell You I Went Away For Ten Days Ten Days Ago!  (Read 3864 times)

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
Hi there, peoples (robots, frogs, pigs, chickens and things)!!
 I just used my time machine to travel backward into this time to tell you all that I went away ten days ago for a ten day trip.
I meant to tell you all beforehand, but failed to... And then I would have traveled back to before now, but there were complications... And then I failed to mention it for a few years and decided that it would have been better if I at least told you NOW.

So, there we are then...

Hiya, everyone! How are things? Did I miss anything?
I'll try and let you all know beforehand next time... or, at the very least, fix my time machine to handle such matters more appropriately.

;D

P.S.
Rumors of my demise were greatly left unsaid and/or ignored.  :P
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Profit

• Boss
Wait, you have a time travel machine and only went ...10 days??

Dude, you could have went back 6 months and been playing City.

I call dibs on the machine, please send it back to the future on Feb 3, 2013. Thanks.

Profit

• Boss
Wait, scratch that. I need you to go forward approximately 48 hours, get tonights powerball numbers, come back to a few seconds after you left and buy a ticket. Then I need you to go back roughly 5 years and buy the IP and code from Cryptic so they don't sell it to NCSoft, found Paragon studios, hire all the devs, and get an accountant and lawyer to make sure they can run for the next 100 years. Then you can come back to the present.

Profit

• Boss
I just realized, I may have seen way to many Terminator movies or read to many Flash comics, that plan came a bit to easily to me.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Sidenote: the best Terminator movie was the original one, before that cheesy remake in the 80s started the series down the whole glitzy Hollywood path. :P

But on topic, welcome back EK! And I totally get next turn on the time machine!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Ooh! Ooh! And now I know what I'll use it for! I'm gonna take a picture of myself.

And right after the picture's taken, I'll use the time machine to come back here and stand beside myself in the picture. And when I get back from that, I'll do it again. And again. I figure I can manage to make a new trip about once a minute, so by the day's end I'll be able to take a picture of myself with hundreds of other myselves standing beside me.

Thus officially earning the "Army of Me" badge like noone ever has before. 8)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Ooh! Ooh! And now I know what I'll use it for! I'm gonna take a picture of myself.

And right after the picture's taken, I'll use the time machine to come back here and stand beside myself in the picture. And when I get back from that, I'll do it again. And again. I figure I can manage to make a new trip about once a minute, so by the day's end I'll be able to take a picture of myself with hundreds of other myselves standing beside me.

Thus officially earning the "Army of Me" badge like noone ever has before. 8)

Or you could save a lot of money and electricity and just use photoshop.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Or you could save a lot of money and electricity and just use photoshop.

Thus negating the entire cool factor and just being another guy with photoshop?

Pass. I'll wait for the time machine, thanks.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
Thus negating the entire cool factor and just being another guy with photoshop?

Pass. I'll wait for the time machine, thanks.

It's cool. Photoshop technology wasn't even developed until a few centuries after they figured out that larger boobs and perfect skin were irrelevant. But then some time traveler thought it would be more funny if it was given to the human race at the peak of the Insecurity Era. And so... here we are.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Dude, you could have went back 6 months and been playing City.

He's ashamed to admit that he did, and that meeting himself in-game caused a localized rip in the space-time continuum, the containment of which was the real reason the game had to be shut down so suddenly.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
He's ashamed to admit that he did, and that meeting himself in-game caused a localized rip in the space-time continuum, the containment of which was the real reason the game had to be shut down so suddenly.

Oh-hoh.... so THAT's what created the Mapserver...

Yeah, I know, we've had it since way longer ago than that. But that's the thing about these paradox rifts. They travel backward through time as they grow. Just ask Picard.

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
I'd ask for anyone time traveling to get me a t-shirt, but I have no idea what size I will be when you come back if it's a  different time.  Well, I just confused myself.  Just a postcard then  ;)
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Triplash

• Elite Boss
I'd ask for anyone time traveling to get me a t-shirt, but I have no idea what size I will be when you come back if it's a  different time.

Here you go! One size fits all. Enjoy :D

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
Here you go! One size fits all. Enjoy :D

Thanks for the shirt, but my huge pecs just don't fit in it.  Ok they are moobs, I am middle aged... :gonk:
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...