Author Topic: Taking requests (please be gentle)  (Read 10738 times)

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
Taking requests (please be gentle)
« on: December 29, 2012, 01:49:40 AM »
Alright, here's the deal. I suck at drawing. To improve, I need to practice instead of tossing the sketchbook in a dark corner and having a sobbing fit. This is where you guys come in...

If you don't mind volunteering your characters, I would be willing to draw them. I'm not confident in coloring yet (baby steps...) so plain old pencil for now.

I don't ask anything in return other than feedback on what you liked and what you think I could stand to improve.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Re: Taking requests (please be gentle)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:04:25 AM »
Cool! Didn't know you drew. Feel free to practice on any of mine (like you need permission or anything) .  ;D
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 05:12:47 AM »
Cool! Didn't know you drew. Feel free to practice on any of mine (like you need permission or anything) .  ;D

\O/ whoo! My first victim!!!
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 10:36:09 AM »
What do you need as reference for the character? Costume file, or lots of screenshots?

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 10:51:36 AM »
What do you need as reference for the character? Costume file, or lots of screenshots?

Whatever you want to provide.

I should probably put up my email... (oops, its already there)
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 11:25:57 AM »
For Blackjak:

I decided to try drawing Moonsun.

Not great, but its a start :-[ I think I'll give him another try later

By the way, do you have any screenies of Gosuto? Curious about her since she used the same face as Hyakki (which was a rare sight)
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 11:52:34 AM »
I actually don't see your email in there (it's probably hidden to other users) so I'll just link to a download for my character's costume.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37952257/Doctor%20Leo%20Formal.costume
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37952257/Doctor%20Leo%20Blue.costume
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37952257/Doctor%20Leo%20Red.costume

Whichever you prefer is fine.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »
I am technologically challenged... would I save those in notepad as .costume, kind of like demos?
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 01:10:26 PM »
I am technologically challenged... would I save those in notepad as .costume, kind of like demos?

Just right-click the links and select Save Link As, that will save them with the correct extension.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »
Looking good! I figured you would do him first. Fits your other work. Feel free to go crazy with him. I patterned him after Korean pop/media star T.O.P. (before turning Japanese) so hair is a changable thing with him. :) I will get a pic of Gosuto, but she is covered up (assassin scarf thing) I  should have her demon form as well.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 09:41:13 PM »
Here is Gosuto:

And the only one I have of her in "Oni" form:

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 02:46:19 AM »
You totally do not suck at drawing. :D

I have been uploading a series of (mostly alphabetical) my characters, on my lethe-gray account, which I've just started watching you on. So feel free to select whoever, I always love seeing things of my characters!

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 07:23:50 AM »

I think if I keep doing a drawing a day at the very least, I can see improvement. Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity, guys!  ;D

Here's Doctor Leo for Leandro

?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 08:10:17 AM »
Can you upload it to imgur.com ? Photobucket is not letting me save it.

Criticism! (note, I'm blunt on my criticism, don't take it too harshly)

There's something really wrong with the neck. The left shoulder (character POV) doesn't seem to be connected to the neck at all, and the head sits too much to the right side.

The facial expression is good, though I find the left eye (again, character POV) to be a little weird, it seems too big.

Take a look at this site for more natural-looking ways the head and neck connect to the shoulders: http://thevirtualinstructor.com/facialproportions.html

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 08:49:06 AM »
Can you upload it to imgur.com ? Photobucket is not letting me save it.

Criticism! (note, I'm blunt on my criticism, don't take it too harshly)

There's something really wrong with the neck. The left shoulder (character POV) doesn't seem to be connected to the neck at all, and the head sits too much to the right side.

The facial expression is good, though I find the left eye (again, character POV) to be a little weird, it seems too big.

Take a look at this site for more natural-looking ways the head and neck connect to the shoulders: http://thevirtualinstructor.com/facialproportions.html

Here you go. http://imgur.com/PzOXO

I really appreciate the criticism. Its exactly the kind of thing I want to hear.

I do have a hard time with proportion and perspective. I know what I should be doing and how it should look but the information gets scrambled at some point between my brain and the pencil.

I over think everything: "the guidelines are crooked..." "that circle isn't round enough" "did I place them right?," "that eye looks too big, now its too small, too big, too small..." "omgdoyouevenanatomyhowdidyoupasskindergartenartclass?" *several crumpled pages later...* "Screw it, I'm going to bed..." (and that's the mindset I've had so far on these attempts but even if I'm embarrassed by them, I should post them and get feedback otherwise how will I ever improve?)

How do you get over something like that?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:02:12 AM by Xieveral »
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 09:49:46 AM »
Thanks for uploading to imgur. Now I can look at it in high rez and comment a little more.

The hair seems like you were trying to center the split in the head, but that you drew it based on the absolute position of the face, rather than where it would naturally go if you draw a line from the chin through the nose. I'll post an image so you can see what I mean:

Because of this, the forehead looks crooked; the right side (character POV) is smaller than the left. The rest of the face is actually pretty good, it's just that the hair doesn't seem to be "attached" to the head properly. It looks more like a wig that was put on off-center.

I'll see if I can get an artist friend to comment here, I'm no good at drawing and they might be able to give you some pointers.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:19:16 AM by Leandro »

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »
So, I tried changing some things. The old shoulders looked super weird, yeah?

Improvement but the actual shoulders (as opposed to the area between neck and shoulder) still seem off to me and the head needs a little more height maybe?
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 01:09:39 AM »
Shoulders should be a little wider - around three heads wide - one of the "rules of three" in art.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 10:39:36 AM »
So, I tried changing some things. The old shoulders looked super weird, yeah?

Improvement but the actual shoulders (as opposed to the area between neck and shoulder) still seem off to me and the head needs a little more height maybe?

Great improvement on the pose, and the red outlines promise a good correction of the forehead. The right  side of the neck (character POV) feels too big, at a first glance I thought it had a cowboy-style napkin around the neck. But still, great improvement from the first!

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 01:09:35 PM »
Shoulders should be a little wider - around three heads wide - one of the "rules of three" in art.
First this art appeals to me as it is, and it also appears to comply with this arbitrary rule, if you take the rotation into account. The head is not frontal, and heads can be less wide than long, so turning sideways as the character is, make the head appear larger than it is, and the shoulder less than 3 heads.

Good proportions are to be kept only with the good viewpoints.
Yeeessss....

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
Thank you for the advice and the feedback!  ;D

I'm taking a break for a couple days since I've been coughing up more lungs than I actually have...
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Oskmey

• Minion
  • Listening to the roar of the Infinite
    • My DevArt Page
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »
I like what you have posted so far and am envious. I can do stick figures. Well, okay if I take about 6 months I might get something not too terrible. Simple but not too terrible. That is what drew me to Daz 3D. :) I have a few things here: http://fallenvalkyrja.deviantart.com/ including screencaps of my main. feel free to take a shot at any of them and please ping me if you do and I will be more than happy to provide some feedback.
"I kept running, kept hoping for a change
kept moving the pieces kept shifting the blame
he said my time now runs short let's play
just keep breathing baby one more day"
--Episode 6 Many Happy Returns by Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 01:06:30 AM »
liking what I've seen so far and I give you props for putting yourself out there.

Many years ago, like... maybe 35 year or so I decided I wanted to draw comics. Except that I was pretty crap at drawing. I never got to be very good but I learned an awful lot from a book called

"Figure Drawing" by Richard G. Hatton

Now that book is over 100 years old and still in print because it still remains relevant. The text is easy to comprehend and the drawings are simple and explanatory. It's a really excellent reference work and should be any artists library.

I'd be very happy for you to give me some sketches of my toons once I've got some pics uploaded (and you have improved lungs!)

Good luck to you

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 01:55:12 AM »
First this art appeals to me as it is, and it also appears to comply with this arbitrary rule, if you take the rotation into account. The head is not frontal, and heads can be less wide than long, so turning sideways as the character is, make the head appear larger than it is, and the shoulder less than 3 heads.

Good proportions are to be kept only with the good viewpoints.
I am not judging by the width of the head but the width of the neck. From neck to shoulder's curve should be a little over a neck-width (and thus about a head wide), where this is a little under a neck-width.

There is some fluctuation (especially among body builders, who often have vastly disproportional shoulders) to shoulder width but the average Joe (which Leandro's character has an average build) generally conforms.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Samuel Tow

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 02:18:03 AM »
Thank you for the advice and the feedback!  ;D

I'm taking a break for a couple days since I've been coughing up more lungs than I actually have...

Best of luck with your health and may you retain all the lungs you have left :)

I'd actually be interested in volunteering a few characters if you want to. It's for a good cause, after all, plus they don't really have a say in the matter. My question, though, is what kind of characters are you looking for? Human? Rubber forehead aliens? Weird aliens and robots? The weird stuff I have in the back of the roster that makes weird aliens and robots look mundane? :)

Also, how much material would you actually accept? I can provide screenshots, probably costume files now that we have a working "Icon," but what about more than that? Descriptions? Ideas? Google search reference pics? Character descriptions? Give me the time of day and I'll write you a wall of text, is what I'm saying :) Only question is whether you'd actually want that.

Anyway, since you're taking a break, I'll wait for you to get better before I volunteer anybody, and just ask questions in the meantime.

*edit*
As to the final pick, I really don't have any problems with it, least of all the shoulders - bad eye for body proportions and weird personal tastes. I can't, however, quite tell what his mouth is supposed to represent. I can see where his lower lip is by the detail line below the mouth, but is the shape of the actual mouth THE upper lip? Or is it intended to be a smile that's showing teeth? Because if it is, then you have no room for an upper lip above the mouth before it bumps into the nose, especially if it's as large as the lower lip.

I think what's causing it is it looks like the nose actually starts where the mask/goggles end, whereas the facial detail is so large it should technically cover up most of the bridge of the nose, this requiring less of it to stick out below. Again - I'm not good with body proportions so who knows how off I am, but judging by my own face, the nose bridge ends where the forehead begins, which is around the line of the eyebrows.

I don't mean to criticise, of course, but it felt weird to post here without offering some feedback, seen as how this is what the thread is about.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:24:31 AM by Samuel Tow »
Of all the things I've lost,
I think I miss my mind the most.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 07:52:30 AM »
I'd actually be interested in volunteering a few characters if you want to. It's for a good cause, after all, plus they don't really have a say in the matter. My question, though, is what kind of characters are you looking for? Human? Rubber forehead aliens? Weird aliens and robots? The weird stuff I have in the back of the roster that makes weird aliens and robots look mundane? :)

I'd be thrilled to draw whatever you can throw at me that's outside the norm. Whether or not I can pull it off is another story, but its worth a try. I'd like to think that I might someday be capable of drawing more than just normal people.

Screenshots, costume files, descriptions, whatever you want to provide is fine.

I can't, however, quite tell what his mouth is supposed to represent. I can see where his lower lip is by the detail line below the mouth, but is the shape of the actual mouth THE upper lip? Or is it intended to be a smile that's showing teeth? Because if it is, then you have no room for an upper lip above the mouth before it bumps into the nose, especially if it's as large as the lower lip.

He's supposed to be smiling but drawing teeth is outside my comfort zone (bad me!) When I've tried to draw individual teeth, they ended up really creepy looking like the gums are diseased and there are large gaps between each tooth. I kind of feel like I used the "muh style!" crutch too, to me it kind of looks like adding individual teeth doesn't fit in. (but what I need to do is man up and not draw like this in the first place!)

Learning to draw teeth that look healthy is on the to-do list. It seems like teeth are a difficult thing to get right depending on what the style is. I've seen pictures that look great until you get to the teeth, then its a dentist's jackpot.

I think what's causing it is it looks like the nose actually starts where the mask/goggles end, whereas the facial detail is so large it should technically cover up most of the bridge of the nose, this requiring less of it to stick out below. Again - I'm not good with body proportions so who knows how off I am, but judging by my own face, the nose bridge ends where the forehead begins, which is around the line of the eyebrows.

I see what you're talking about there and I think if the eye/brow/forehead area were a little closer to the center it might be more obvious where the nose begins. The perspective of the goggles is all kinds of wrong too.

I don't want to be one of those people who use "but its my style!" as an excuse to avoid learning and improving upon anatomy, perspective and shading. Even if if one's style isn't adhering strictly to how things naturally are, they still need to understand it. I want to get out of this half-assed anime/(not-so)real thing that I have going on.

"Use it or lose it" applies to me. I gave up on trying to draw years ago except for an occasional attempt now and then to see if I might still have "it" somewhere deep down.

When I was younger, I used to be able to look at a picture or object and recreate it decently but other kids don't care about that, they all want you to draw whatever the flavor of the month anime is and they'll pay you for it. Easy money. After a while, that was all I could do and it burnt me out.

High school art class was also a miserable experience, I picked it as my elective class to get a break from all of the anime junk and maybe learn something new. But apparently the whole thing wasn't about developing skill, just meeting the curriculum. The teacher also had this irritating habit of "adjusting" student work by drawing or painting over what we turned in. She didn't tell me what was wrong, why it was wrong or how I could improve, just that I was wrong and she was right. That was pretty much when I quit trying to do better.

Once again, I really appreciate you guys giving me the why and how <3
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 11:12:23 AM »
Quoting this for reference
I am not judging by the width of the head but the width of the neck. From neck to shoulder's curve should be a little over a neck-width (and thus about a head wide), where this is a little under a neck-width.
Not withstanding the obvious lack of the word "neck" in your previous post, again, the drawing looks okay to me, and the character is obviously turning his head, exerting his muscles. If he has such a neck under normal cicumstances, he should go see a physician ASAP. Head-to-neck ration is okay (somewhat large neck maybe, but the right side is obscured by the jaw). And even for "rules of art", it looks realistic to me (for really skinny average "joe"s I know.). Nowhere near an oestrogen brigade bait, but still realistic and plausible.

All the commotion is caused by the character's stance. This stance is actually near ankward, but I like it as it gives a dynamic feel.
Yeeessss....

Samuel Tow

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 02:31:10 PM »
I'd be thrilled to draw whatever you can throw at me that's outside the norm. Whether or not I can pull it off is another story, but its worth a try. I'd like to think that I might someday be capable of drawing more than just normal people.

Screenshots, costume files, descriptions, whatever you want to provide is fine.

Ha! Challenge accepted! :)

OK, then, let's talk about the creature which goes by the name of Isabella Worthington. Wife to Sir William Henry Worthington III, OBE and mistress of his estate and capital, Isabella is not human in the slightest. In fact, she is an ancient, ravenous demon of tremendous power and vanity. She feeds on the vices of mortal men - greed, lust, envy and so forth. And when they have no more vices to give, she resorts to more conventional methods and feeds on their very flesh. Throughout history, "Isabella" has installed herself as queen or concubine to may powerful men and usurped their thrones, if not in rank, then certainly in practice. She always takes the form of beautiful, elegant woman and always fills her time organising elaborate feasts, celebrations and parties, very often with a wild, perverted side, where both men and women are encouraged to abandon their senses and be lost in their own desires, souls ripe for the picking by an eldritch evil under the guise of a pretty face.

Of all the men and all the victims Isabella has ever run across, Sir Worthington is the only one whom she has not killed, but instead stayed with. Himself no normal human, this human-like creature stole the identity of a WW2 British soldier, a Henry Worthington, and has lived out his life since. But "Henry" himself is far older than that, far older than even he remembers. Completely and literally immortal, he has roamed the world for so long at he has tasted everything life has to offer, and is now a bored immortal looking for any opportunity he has to spice up his life, usually by manipulating people into elaborate scams and schemes. He met Isabella in ancient Egypt, and the two have been together since, perpetuating their con as people and feeding society - she on souls and flesh, he on hearts and ruined lives.

If one were to visit the Worthington estate, one were to see Lady Worthington looking something like this:

However, this is Isabella's official side, playing up her role as the mistress of the house and matriarch of the family. But if one were to see Isabella in the midst of one of her elaborate parties, she may appear a bit more like this:

But this is still Isabella hiding her true nature and playing to the surface desires of her current victims. One's fate is not truly sealed until one sees the true form of the creature which hides behind the fictional moniker of "Isabella Worthington." and that might look a little something like this:

On the technical side, here are three costume files. As I don't know where I can host text files, I'll just put their contents here in code blocks. Simply copy all the text from the code block and save it to a something.costume file using NotePad or any other plain text editor.

Code: [Select]
{
CostumeFilePrefix fem
Scale -4.363
BoneScale -0.1902
ShoulderScale -0.439
ChestScale 0.2903
WaistScale -0.3797
HipScale 0.1444
LegScale 0.01667
HeadScales  0.52,  0.26,  -0.58
BrowScales  -0.5,  -0.78,  -0.69
CheekScales  0.75,  -0.85,  0.19
ChinScales  -0.91,  -0.73,  -0.67
CraniumScales  -0.29,  0.17,  0.37
JawScales  -0.87,  -0.87,  0.58
NoseScales  -0.84,  0.58,  0.03
SkinColor  255,  230,  201
NumParts 28
BodyType 1
CostumePart ""
{
Geometry shorts
Texture1 !Hips_V_Skin_fem_Angelic_Plus_01
Texture2 !Hips_V_Skin_fem_Angelic_Plus_01_Mask
DisplayName P1525729866
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName NewSkirts
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Jackets_Sleeves
Texture1 skin_tights
Texture2 !Chest_Disco
DisplayName P566009771
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Jackets
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_fem_Head.GEO/GEO_Head_V_Asym_Standard
Texture1 !Face_Skin_V_Fem_Head_78
Texture2 none
DisplayName P687117166
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Smooth
Texture1 smooth_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P3937616722
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Jackets
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Tallboot
Texture1 smooth_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2104750136
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName NewSkirts
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry N_Fem_Steampunk_01.geo/GEO_N_Belt_Vic_Steampunk_01
Texture1 !X_N_Fem_Belt_Vic_Steampunk_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P177456852
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Jackets
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_Fem_HAIR.GEO/GEO_Hair_V_Bun_02
Texture1 !X_Hair_Fem_Laurels_Normal
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2681220175
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  255,  85,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2793026233
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry N_Fem_Steampunk_01.geo/GEO_N_Emblem_Bustier_Vic_Steampunk_02
Texture1 !X_N_Fem_Emblem_Vic_Steampunk_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2281134661
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Jackets
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_FEM_SPADR.GEO/GEO_SpadR_Magic_Robe_01
Texture1 !spadr_v_Witch_01
Texture2 !spadr_v_Witch_01_Mask
DisplayName P772741860
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Jackets
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx WEAPONS/Custom_Claws/Fem_ClawsRight_VillainBase.fx
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P3270519229
RegionName Weapons
BodySetName Weapons
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  11,  31
Color4  194,  241,  126
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry N_Fem_Steampunk_01.geo/GEO_N_Neck_Collar_Vic_Steampunk_01
Texture1 !X_N_Fem_Neck_Vic_Steampunk_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2371314042
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Magic
Texture1 !Cape_MagicHarness_03
Texture2 !Cape_MagicHarness_03_Mask
DisplayName P4269687129
RegionName Capes
BodySetName "High Collar"
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx capes/CapeArcaneFem01.fx
Geometry magic_01
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P4269015351
RegionName Capes
BodySetName "High Collar"
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry LongSkirt_01
Texture1 pleated
Texture2 pleated_01b
DisplayName P3930658043
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName NewSkirts
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry N_Fem_Steampunk_01.geo/GEO_N_Top_Jacket_Vic_Steampunk_01
Texture1 !X_N_Fem_Jacket_Vic_Steampunk_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P828551227
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Jackets
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry N_Fem_Steampunk_01.geo/GEO_N_Sleeves_Jacket_Clsc_Steampunk_01
Texture1 !X_N_Fem_Sleeve_Skin_Clsc_Steampunk_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P90216369
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Jackets
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P1848153390
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx WEAPONS/Custom_Claws/Fem_ClawsLeft_VillainBase.fx
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2059796000
RegionName Weapons
BodySetName Weapons
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  11,  31
Color4  194,  241,  126
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P546439883
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName NewSkirts
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

}

{
CostumeFilePrefix fem
Scale 32.94
BoneScale 0.3589
ShoulderScale 0.6592
ChestScale 0.2045
WaistScale 0.1693
HipScale 0.3475
LegScale -0.07793
HeadScales  0.34,  0.4,  0.58
BrowScales  0.22,  -0.62,  0.37
CheekScales  0.48,  -0.57,  0.49
ChinScales  -0.55,  -0.67,  -0.33
CraniumScales  0.73,  0.7,  0.81
JawScales  -0.58,  -0.92,  0.6
NoseScales  -0.66,  -0.14,  -0.92
SkinColor  0,  0,  0
NumParts 28
BodyType 1
CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_FEM_Pants.GEO/GEO_Hips_Monstrous_01
Texture1 !X_Organic_Armor_Fem_Hips_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P887196332
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName Monstrous
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  212,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Tight
Texture1 !X_Organic_Armor_Fem_Chest_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P566009771
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tight
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  212,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Texture1 !Face_V_Omega_01
Texture2 !Face_V_Omega_01_Mask
DisplayName P687117166
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  255,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_FEM_GLOVE.GEO/GEO_Larm*_Omega_01
Texture1 !Glove_V_Omega_01
Texture2 !Chest_White_01
DisplayName P3937616722
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tight
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_FEM_BOOT.GEO/GEO_LLeg*_V_Insectoid_Claw_01
Texture1 !X_Boot_Insect_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P4039269275
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName Monstrous
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_FEM_BELT.GEO/GEO_Belt_Spikes_07
Texture1 !Emblem_V_Skull_01
Texture2 !Emblem_V_Skull_01_Mask
DisplayName P177456852
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tight
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Long_05
Texture1 Long_01a
Texture2 Long_01b
DisplayName P2681220175
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_FEM_Eyes.GEO/GEO_Eyes_V_Morbid_Horns_02
Texture1 !X_Viking_Helm
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2793026233
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2281134661
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tight
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Organic_01
Texture1 Organic_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P772741860
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tight
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P3270519229
RegionName Weapons
BodySetName Weapons
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  87,  153,  0
Color4  76,  255,  184
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2371314042
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx GENERIC/FX_wings_Female_ORGANICARMOR.fx
Geometry none
Texture1 !X_Organic_Armor_Fem_Wing_01
Texture2 !Wing_V_OrganicArmor_01_Mask
DisplayName P2318333026
RegionName Capes
BodySetName Wings
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  212,  0,  0
Color3  87,  153,  0
Color4  76,  255,  184
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P1848153390
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  87,  153,  0
Color2  76,  255,  184
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2059796000
RegionName Weapons
BodySetName Weapons
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  87,  153,  0
Color4  76,  255,  184
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx Costumes/AnimatedTails/AnimatedTail_OrganicArmor01_Female.fx
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P546439883
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName Monstrous
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  212,  0,  0
Color3  87,  153,  0
Color4  76,  255,  184
}

CostumePart ""
{
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

}

{
CostumeFilePrefix fem
Scale -4.363
BoneScale -0.1902
ShoulderScale -0.439
ChestScale 0.2903
WaistScale -0.3797
HipScale 0.1444
LegScale 0.01667
HeadScales  0.52,  0.26,  -0.58
BrowScales  -0.5,  -0.78,  -0.69
CheekScales  0.75,  -0.85,  0.19
ChinScales  -0.91,  -0.73,  -0.67
CraniumScales  -0.29,  0.17,  0.37
JawScales  -0.87,  -0.87,  0.58
NoseScales  -0.84,  0.58,  0.03
SkinColor  255,  230,  201
NumParts 28
BodyType 1
CostumePart ""
{
Geometry shorts
Texture1 !Hips_V_Skin_fem_Angelic_Plus_01
Texture2 !Hips_V_Skin_fem_Angelic_Plus_01_Mask
DisplayName P1525729866
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName NewSkirts
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Tight
Texture1 skin_tights
Texture2 Top_6
DisplayName P566009771
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tights/Skin
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Texture1 !Face_Skin_V_Fem_Head_78
Texture2 none
DisplayName P687117166
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_FEM_GLOVE.GEO/GEO_Larm*_Witch_02
Texture1 !X_Glove_Witch_02
Texture2 !glove_V_Witch_02_Mask
DisplayName P3937616722
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tights/Skin
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Tallboot
Texture1 smooth_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2104750136
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName NewSkirts
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P177456852
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tights/Skin
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Medium_03
Texture1 Long_01a
Texture2 Long_01b
DisplayName P2681220175
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  255,  85,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2793026233
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2281134661
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tights/Skin
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P772741860
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tights/Skin
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P3270519229
RegionName Weapons
BodySetName Weapons
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  11,  31
Color4  194,  241,  126
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry n_fem_steampunk_01.geo/geo_n_neck_collar_vic_steampunk_02
Texture1 !X_N_Fem_Neck_Vic_Steampunk_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2371314042
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Miniskirt_02
Texture1 plain
Texture2 Plain_02b
DisplayName P3930658043
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName NewSkirts
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P1848153390
RegionName Head
BodySetName standard
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2059796000
RegionName Weapons
BodySetName Weapons
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  11,  31
Color4  194,  241,  126
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P546439883
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName NewSkirts
Color1  0,  11,  31
Color2  194,  241,  126
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

}

I don't want to be one of those people who use "but its my style!" as an excuse to avoid learning and improving upon anatomy, perspective and shading. Even if if one's style isn't adhering strictly to how things naturally are, they still need to understand it. I want to get out of this half-assed anime/(not-so)real thing that I have going on.

That's definitely admirable and I wish you the best of luck with it. However, it's been my experience that striving for perfect realism can sometimes harm a piece of art. I'm not saying you should just do whatever and ignore proper proportions, just that you shouldn't be afraid to bend proportions if you feel the result would look better. For instance, I personally prefer characters with longer legs and larger hands. It's not realistic to how actual humans are portrayed, but so what? It looks good! :) That is, of course, your prerogative and I'm sure you have enough on your plate dealing with your illness. I'm just saying that it's OK to bend the human form for the sake of a stylistic choice, so long as it IS a stylistic choice and not a shortcut.

Be well! :)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 04:07:34 PM »
Saw an Isabella in CO. That you?

Samuel Tow

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 07:23:07 PM »
No, not me. I've not remade Isabella anywhere. But it is a popular female name.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 01:32:09 AM »
No, not me. I've not remade Isabella anywhere. But it is a popular female name.
Female demon at that. Not that demons are uncommon in CO or anything... :roll:

Sorry. Hijack over. ;D