Author Topic: The First Look  (Read 2542 times)

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
The First Look
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:17:06 AM »
On behalf of all of us at Missing Worlds Media, I am pleased to share with the Titans community the first look at The Phoenix Project's teaser trailer.

http://youtu.be/4T05Z6y72AA

There is always hope, even in the darkest of times. A past of brightly coloured costumes and sinister monologues struggles to re-emerge from the shadows cast during times of darkness and corruption. New heroes arise to make their mark on the world even while their criminal counterparts continue to lurk in the gloomier, downtrodden areas of the world. Humanity honours the fallen, and takes inspiration from their selfless sacrifices. It is an age where heroic ideals stand tall, an age where such words as "truth", "justice", "freedom", and "honour" have new meaning.

We stand on the brink of change, in a world where magic, high technology, and incredible scientific feats are frequent occurrences. Children are born with appearances and powers far different than their parents, and individuals with supreme strength of will and training can become forces of good...or evil. Heroes patrol the streets and skies alongside vigilantes, while villains scheme and plot with the help of scoundrels and rogues. Dynamic battles between the two sides are frequent, but even the worst of villains remembers that the dead can return to haunt their killer. It is a world that has seen both peaceful and unfriendly aliens arrive, and knows that it is connected to other dimensions and other times.

One city has risen above the rest as a place where costumed heroes are welcomed, yet devious villains still skulk in the shadows. In Titan City, an old guard stands watch on both sides, watching the furnace which heats the melting pot of humanity. They have issued a call to action, the Phoenix Initiative, welcoming new heroes to their ranks. And now, the next generation of heroes are putting on their capes and cowls. New villains mask themselves amidst the rich and famous, and lure the unsuspecting in with words of clever cynicism.

Welcome to Titan City, where the ashes of a lost world come together and rise once more. Together, we will be heroes, vigilantes, scoundrels, or villains. This is what we do.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: The First Look
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 12:31:05 AM »
Hrm, there's not much substance there (to be fair, teasers often have little to no substance) and the music gets painfully chime-y. 

Do I take it those were concept art and some basic building models?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 12:34:20 AM »
That is exactly the case, yes.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 01:14:05 AM »
I am intrigued by your ideas and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

voodoogirl

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 01:32:52 AM »
Psst... join our forums too!

http://forum.missingworldsmedia.com/

Samuel Tow

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 01:33:08 AM »
Hey, is that purple energy surrounded by black shards what I think it is? It seems so familiar! :)

Personally, I'm glad we have something to show at all. The project is still quite young and there is so, so much to do I would not have expected we'd have enough to make a teaser out of to begin with, so this pleases me greatly.
Of all the things I've lost,
I think I miss my mind the most.

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 05:58:26 AM »
COOOOOLLLL!!!!

voodoogirl

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 06:13:23 AM »