Author Topic: Does anyone here speak Japanese?  (Read 2416 times)

Ezuka

• Minion
Does anyone here speak Japanese?
« on: January 20, 2013, 06:19:50 AM »
I posted this on another forum, but I forget how awesome and nice the CoH community is compared to most communities, so maybe someone here can help me! I'll just copy and paste what I posted on the other forum.

I make Skyrim mods, and a mod I released a few days ago has become quite popular. I decided to google my own Skyrim mods so that I could easily open up a few websites leading directly to my most recent mod without having to navigate through the entire websites. When doing this, I noticed a Japanese blog/modders website had linked to my mod and that it had a few comments.

Here's the direct link to my mod
http://skyrim.2game.info/detail.php?id=30093

What I need help with is translating the first two comments because online translators still left me confused. I can get the gist of the last three comments. I assume the first comment is positive because it says good next to it, but I'm completely lost on the second one.

The other, more important thing I need help with is translating a reply to the fourth and fifth comment as I want these users to know I've uploaded a version of my mod with compatibility for the mods they claim aren't working with mine.

I was going to use google translate, but when referring to mods, Japanese users tend to use the English name of the mod. This makes it difficult for me to translate a response because I'm not sure where I need to put the English part to make it coherent.

I'd like to be able to post something like, "This the mod author. I've uploaded a version of the mod that is compatible with Bandolier - Bags and Pouches. Thanks for downloading my mod!"

Bandolier - Bags and Pouches would need to be in English as that's the name of the mod.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Does anyone here speak Japanese?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 06:31:51 AM »
I mostly only deal with katakana, so I'm not much help with translating... but if you want to use a translator just put the words you want in english between [] and then when you copy/paste the translation you can cut out what's between the brackets and replace it with the english name.  For instance:

This the mod author. I've uploaded a version of the mod that is compatible with [Bandolier - Bags and Pouches]. Thanks for downloading my mod!

このMODの作者。私は[ - バッグとポーチ弾帯]と互換性のあるMODのバージョンをアップロードしました。私のMODをダウンロードするためのありがとう!

このMODの作者。私は[Bandolier - Bags and Pouches]と互換性のあるMODのバージョンをアップロードしました。私のMODをダウンロードするためのありがとう!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Ezuka

• Minion
Re: Does anyone here speak Japanese?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 06:38:35 AM »
I mostly only deal with katakana, so I'm not much help with translating... but if you want to use a translator just put the words you want in english between [] and then when you copy/paste the translation you can cut out what's between the brackets and replace it with the english name.  For instance:

This the mod author. I've uploaded a version of the mod that is compatible with [Bandolier - Bags and Pouches]. Thanks for downloading my mod!

このMODの作者。私は[ - バッグとポーチ弾帯]と互換性のあるMODのバージョンをアップロードしました。私のMODをダウンロードするためのありがとう!

このMODの作者。私は[Bandolier - Bags and Pouches]と互換性のあるMODのバージョンをアップロードしました。私のMODをダウンロードするためのありがとう!

Thanks! I didn't think about using brackets. I retranslated what you posted, and it came out well enough for me. Hopefully this will help my mod users know that I'm not leaving anyone out!