Author Topic: Call me crazy. =o)  (Read 2365 times)

Knight Light

• Lieutenant
Call me crazy. =o)
« on: December 24, 2012, 08:18:20 AM »
I was having some drinks with some buddies and an old friend reminded me of an impulse.
A sensation of joy struck me and while I didn't actually perform any action and the time it took isn't worth measuring, had there been a keyboard beneath my fingers it's most assured I would have logged in.
I caught myself almost instantly and brought myself back to my senses; no, it's not possible, I can't go there again. Not any more. Not now.
 I don't believe that's happened before but I can't imagine it not have. I'm sure those will go away completely someday.
  We later were watching a recorded program from earlier in the year when something else struck me.
 no, couldn't be. I'd be crazy to think it. I'm not "that" conspiracy nut. Some kind, surely.

Still... I wonder...

Pfft, it's probably been talked half to death. I would know less, I'm Canadian. Maybe there's a post somewhere. Maybe it's too crazy, there might not be. It wouldn't really help us now if it were true. It's nonsense and hogwash.

Still..

What if they did a rush job on demolishing the city to take advantage of the U.S. presidential election coverage assisting in drowning out whatever effort that could be mounted in the geographical location of it's largest population.
 The coverage on that was loud enough to will yourself into an ostrich.
 Lots of other factors came into the works for the past four months to play out as they have, maybe it was considered on a whim, probably never at all. Lots of other things happened in the world. I'm insane, I'm not that paranoid. Okay, maybe a little.

Oh well, guess I'll never know.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: Call me crazy. =o)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 08:24:49 AM »
Keeping with the topic....You're crazy.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 11:40:09 PM »
Either that or the forum needs a sobriety filter? I know I've been there. I just don't get on the forum (or Facebook or Twitter or email) if I'm drinking.

We know that there are reasons that we will never know, but I think the prevailing theory is a legal deadline. Unless I misread something, or something new has developed over the holidays.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 02:39:19 AM »
Hey, I just thought this.... and just maybe... they timed the closing.... oh, call me crazy.
And call the other peeps... won't think so maybe... but that's my theory... so call me crazy.

Before, we played into all through the night. I miss it sooo bad. I miss it soo bad.  I miss it so, so bad.
Before it closed we played all night. I miss it so bad.  I think you know that.  I miss it so so bad.

(musical hook)

/apologies, it just came to mind and I thought I'd put it here.

tymothymichel

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 07:07:03 PM »
you're crazy but in a nice way, not like those people in Washington.....
Don't let stress kill you, let me help.

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 07:21:47 PM »
I'd call this a case of wanting to believe the two things you happen to be looking at must be related. Booze makes people feel wise. It also makes them think they are funny. When you've been a designated-driver a few times it becomes clear that drunks are neither wise nor funny.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 05:17:02 AM »
I still say that we should be polite. I've noticed in a lot of threads, new posters or posters who rarely post, are being met with ridicule. I'm not saying you guys are doing that, because yeah, even the author acknowledges it's a crazy idea.

I dunno. Just thought I'd say that.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »
I still say that we should be polite. I've noticed in a lot of threads, new posters or posters who rarely post, are being met with ridicule. I'm not saying you guys are doing that, because yeah, even the author acknowledges it's a crazy idea.

I dunno. Just thought I'd say that.

I noticed this from time to time myself, not often, but from time to time. If there was a like button somewhere I would have clicked it because yeah we should, as mature adults, be polite to each other, whether the person is new or old. We all were new at one point in time and some of us had even crazier ideas than the one that have been posted by the OP and still went for it.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 07:57:37 PM »
I know I've been one to call people on that in the past, and it seems contradictory for me to be one of the first to snark. I didn't mean to come of as a bashing, merely as teasing.

However, when someone prefaces with "call me crazy," there is a certain expectation, even by the speaker/poster, that there will be some dissenting opinions.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Knight Light

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »
While this part of the forums should be primarily geared towards #savecoh business, at no point did I ever intend for my post to be taken with any kind of real seriousness.

I was bored.

Seeing as how it hasn't felt like the holidays for me at all, I wanted to give you guys a very short Christmas tale without making any actual mention of the holiday. I'm finding myself with more time than I'm accustomed to without Paragon. Seems to me like every other game in the world sucks by comparison to City of Heroes, if not in small aspects than in general. I couldn't decide on a game to spend my time on so I wrote a tiny nothing to those like me who are in search of things to spend time on. "A Christmas Carol" it's really not but I liked it and I hope you did too and that I took your mind off not playing city of heroes for two minutes.

Aside from that, my post count is low; you guys don't really know me. However, it's posible, no matter what server you were on, that at some point you saw me standing around a public area for long stretches of time, heard my voice in broadcast, joined my team or were powerleveled by me. This post was a very small "get to know me" post.

I wore many faces in Paragon City but if you did meet me, it might have been as "Light Babe", "Knight Babe" or "The Daring Death Defying DecoyTheGirlHostage".

Hiyas! =o)

So you see, dear reader, when my thread title asked that you call me crazy, I was not asking you to consider a highly unlikely postulation.

I was just introducing myself. =oD

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 05:49:41 PM »
Well then, welcome aboard. :)

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.