Author Topic: City of Heroes Local Map and Sandbox Mode  (Read 60636 times)

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
Re: City of Heroes Local Map and Sandbox Mode
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2013, 06:08:52 AM »
Keep up the good work!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »
so, codewalker can you get into the map editor via Icon?

if so I can (as I offered) write you a script that broadcasts the information you need unencrypted. I think this would bypass the encryption of the actual client, rather than speaking in encrypted dev words, give it a string of code that associates a certain Editing Name-tag with a set of objects, animations and actions.

in this manner we can probably regraft alot of the functionality and NPCs.

Physics; it would be nice to have say an open source physics engine to do the CoH calculations for us, Oh just so happens blender has Bullet Physics Engine and Cycles Engine in 2.65, both are available in the SVC depositories.

they should be able to read the requests of the client.

btw I was wrong on the flight earlier, there has to be a switch in parenting between the satic movement object and the dynamic movement object when flight is activated. also a track to constriant should be given to the static object so when the dynamic object hits a wall the static object also stops.

Please forgive my typos my keyboard has so many stuck keys it's not funny..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:44:54 PM by Joshex »
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2013, 05:06:43 PM »
People following this might want to check out the Icon thead. The latest version posted last night allows for something similar.

I have one more thing I want to look into doing, but this whole thing is a bit of an "in my spare time" side project. While poking around in client memory and rewriting some of its code to do things that were never intended is fun and challenging, it's a bit of a developmental dead end in the long run IMO.

I say that because the client makes a lot of assumptions about having a server available, and while some limited things are doable despite that, many would require massive changes to make work. In the end it would be a very steep curve and not worthwhile compared to other options.

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2013, 10:17:05 PM »
People following this might want to check out the Icon thead. The latest version posted last night allows for something similar.

I have one more thing I want to look into doing, but this whole thing is a bit of an "in my spare time" side project. While poking around in client memory and rewriting some of its code to do things that were never intended is fun and challenging, it's a bit of a developmental dead end in the long run IMO.

I say that because the client makes a lot of assumptions about having a server available, and while some limited things are doable despite that, many would require massive changes to make work. In the end it would be a very steep curve and not worthwhile compared to other options.

Make a server Codewalker! You can do it! Wrangle Arcanaville to help! She's super smart like you!

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2013, 12:30:11 AM »
So who else thought "I'd totally throw money at someone who could make this a stand alone game."

It's not tears dammit, it's the wind in my eyes from FLYING...

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2013, 01:27:54 AM »
Tears.

Simply tears.

I got it to work once. now what is it trying to tell me when it says 'server is busy, try again." is it getting confused?

edit: never mind. i think i figured out where i went wrong.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:52:50 AM by JWBullfrog »
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2013, 12:32:26 PM »
THIS really made my day, huge thank YOU for all your efforts trying to rez our beloved game!
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

Crazywulf

• Underling
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2013, 07:43:02 PM »
Ahhh, the feel of the sidewalk under my feet and the clouds through my hair. Bravo CW.

Reaper

• Lieutenant
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2013, 11:02:36 PM »
 ;D This is cool!  I am happy to be running around some of the city again!  Thank you Codewalker!  I can't wait to see what other tricks you guys have up your sleeves.  Kudos!
Patiently lurking from the shadows...

Crazywulf

• Underling
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2013, 09:23:37 PM »
Awesome can make little shorts again for the kiddios. Thanks for the animations CW.