Author Topic: Myst  (Read 2639 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Myst
« on: December 21, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »
Does anyone know how to make it work in a windowed mode?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Myst
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
Which Myst?  The original game?  Masterpiece Edition?  One of the sequels?  The online game?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 11:38:35 AM »
Presuming you're referring to the Masterpiece Edition, the only method I could quickly find of putting it in windowed mode (other than kludging it by running it through another program) is by manually hexediting some values (presumably in the .exe).  The hex addresses and new values are listed here: https://gist.github.com/801718 but I can't vouch for their accuracy.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »
You, sir, are a genius.  Thank you.  And yes, Masterpiece, off Steam.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
You're too kind.  I'm just fairly proficient with Google, and happy to help when I can.  ;)

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »
Myst is on STEAM?  I missed that guess I have to go look. After I grind my  last few LOTRO Yule festival tokens  *grumble*
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor