Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda  (Read 2075 times)

TerminalVelocity

• Minion
The Legend of Zelda
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:20:12 PM »
Any LoZ fans here?
I just got Ocarina of Time 3D for Christmas, and I've been enjoying it.

I'm also really excited for the HD Wind Waker remake, and I guess the new Wii U game they talked about, but I don't know enough about that to talk.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:27:10 PM by TerminalVelocity »
@Bullet Barrage
I left the forums with 1,337 post.

pewlagon

• Boss
Re: The Legend of Zelda
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:52:46 PM »
They also announced an Open World Co-Op Zelda coming down the road. THIS I want badly.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:03:13 PM »
I ammmmm.  Played them since I was a kid, with OoT being my first.  Wind Waker HD is gonna be so cool.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »
I remember playing LoZ on an NES in the days before the internet. Before I had it, anyway.

As a little kid, the first Zelda inspired a sense of wonder in me that nothing else has quite been able to reach. It seemed infinitely vast, with infinite secrets all for the person who knew how to look.

Looking back, its not nearly as impressive, but modern games haven't managed to give me that sense of wonder again, in part because now I know how games work a lot better so theres a lot less of a chance for me to be truly surprised, and other things like that.

Still, that first Zelda was really really special. These days I'm more of an Ys fan due to them generally being more fun. I still need to beat Ys 7, but I've beaten all the rest! Origin and 5 before they were translated! Anyone who loves Zelda should check out Ys, at least Oath in Felghana, if not the series starting with Books 1 and 2, I just don't especially recommend the DS port (PSP port is good though! Go XSeed! Even if you messed with the translation a bit, Deuce's wasnt perfect or anything) even if it has fighting that isnt RAM INTO THINGS RAWR.

Ahem. Zelda is good! It's just too bad for it a superior series preceded it :3
Woo! - Argent Girl