Community > Task Force Hail Mary

I have been wondering this for a while now re: Buying CoH

(1/7) > >>

Surelle:
Hi!

This question has been on my mind for a while now, so I'm finally just going to ask.

Why is it that we fans are the ones trying to drum up business for buying the CoH IP instead of the PS heads that aren't otherwise engaged doing it instead?  We keep trying over and over, so why aren't they?  It seemed kind of weird to me when I read on the boards here that Matt Miller was disappointed that the SaveCoH campaign didn't work.  I mean, of course we all want CoH back, but why aren't THEY doing it to begin with instead of seeming like they're now just sitting on the sidelines waiting for some miracle from the fans?  I'm sure Brian, Melissa and Matt etc. could write up even better stuff and they'd know the business a lot better and be able to pitch things even better being that they created the game and ran it for 8 1/2 years.  The whole thing seems a bit odd once you think about it.

Is there no tangible interest so that they've given up the hope of ever getting the financial backing to do it themselves?  Or is NCSoft truly just not selling the IP no matter what, despite what the Korea Times article said? 

It seems like if the situation wasn't utterly hopeless, they would be doing it.

There-- I said it.  I feel better now.

Ceremonius:
Well I actually do think they are working too. Maybe more lurking in the shadows, but they are around and have an eye on us.

The actual problem is that they were employees.
Wich means that if they do work in public the next company could decide to NOT hire them.
Every company wants loyal employees.
Turning up AGAINST NCSoft could be misleading in untrustworthyness or something like that.

But as far as I know some of them a crawling around here :)

JaguarX:
Yeah wouldn't be a good look while looking for a job in the same market, especially the parts about going against NCSoft or any ex-employer for that matter.

Surelle:

--- Quote from: JaguarX on December 18, 2012, 11:38:32 PM ---Yeah wouldn't be a good look while looking for a job in the same market, especially the parts about going against NCSoft or any ex-employer for that matter.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, but first off, no one in the business could blame them for trying to get backers to buy the IP, or for trying to get NCSoft to sell.  Neither has anything to do with how their fan base feels.  That is totally our own reaction to how we were treated by NCSoft. 

And secondly, if they were able to buy the IP back and rez CoH, they wouldn't need jobs.   :P

I am sorry to say I stand behind my first post.  I don't understand what's really going on there.

JaguarX:
good points.

I thought you meant by trying to get them to sell the IP you meant actually joining the fan's reaction activities.

Well, I think somewhere there was some contact information for some of them and or some of them still have twitter and or facebook. You might be able to contact them directly and ask. I think that is the only to get a straight up honest minus middle man answer to those questions. I mean who knows besides them? They might be busy, they might not want to, they may be already doing something, they may be gagged. Only way to know is directly from them or else it's all speculative answers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version