Author Topic: Champions Toons Revealed  (Read 110512 times)

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
Champions Toons Revealed
« on: December 18, 2012, 01:19:28 AM »
As long as we are talking Champions, how about a look at one of your current toons;

Maybe a bio, pic, build, or just conceptual stuff:

I'll kick it off with Greysun, a lev 28 Force-based Freeform build I'm currently enjoying as my main.

CONCEPT:  A being of pure energy, able to convert and channel that energy in powerful ways.
BIO:  Greysun is a being of chaotic energies, born in a remote cosmic nexus, during a convergence of the Multiverse.   The form he takes is simply a matter of convenience, enabling personal interaction with other sentients.  His life-force is somehow linked across space-time to his other selves, and he has learned to channel their power through the space between dark-matter, enabling him to do marvelous, superhuman things.   
SUPERGROUP: Shards of Virtue (edited)

Build Info:   Not ready to post the full build, but he's nearly standard force, with a couple of things swapped out (Dark Transfusion as an energy builder gives me a fully loaded opener, and ego storm as a pbaoe damage+control power, other surprises to come... So far the build works very well in everything I've thrown at him. 

Add him if you like, usually willing to help out a Hero.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:28:58 AM by 0nehanklap »

DDGunz

• Underling
Re: Champions Toons Revealed
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 12:06:17 AM »
Here's me:

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 02:27:11 AM »
Using this as my starting point:

This was about the closest approximation I could come up with using the options available to me as a free player:
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

PzTnT

• Minion
  • Was @Som3one
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 01:39:50 PM »
Here are the ones i have.

Som3one:

Claire:

And finally Drexia, the latest one and so far the most fun.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 07:47:23 AM »
I did a collage (excuse the size if they turn out huge and my weak photo-edit fu; also some are slightly out of date (ex: CO-GeeForce has a darker blue to match CoH-GeeForce)).

Evolution of Knight'Hawk (CoH)/Night'hawk (CO)

Knight'Hawk/Night'hawk costumes

My other heroes (vigilante in the case of Dark'Falcon)

My villains (I went ahead and made those costumes for Nemesis/Foundry use (if we get it))

And finally, my first original character in CO - Emerald Eagle

For the most part, I tried to get close, though some like the 2nd costume in the evolution pic I was able to realize what my original vision was for that costume/character. I'm also not the most original person on Earth, so a couple characters and a costume are "inspired-bys". Anyway, if you see any of ^them running, swinging, flying, cape gliding around it's me. :)

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 11:22:12 AM »

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »
Here are images of my characters in City of Heroes (left) and in Champions Online (right):

In CoH, Todogut was a Brute with Super Strength and Invulnerability. In CO, he's a Behemoth.

Human Flame-Thrower was a Fire Blast/Fire Manipulation Blaster in CoH. In CO, he's an Inferno.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:51:54 PM by Todogut »

Seschat

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 08:20:02 PM »
My namesake, before and after her Millenium City emigration.
-
Five years Paragon City was my home,
Now I wander aimlessly, aimlessly,
Seeking a place to mend the hole in my heart.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 03:12:40 AM »
I think I may have done this before here somewhere, but what the heck.

This is my main 50 over in COH - Cyberman 8. He wasn't my first character, but he became my favorite.

http://www.virtueverse.net/wiki/Cyberman_8

In City of Heroes -

And now in Champions Online -

His helmet in Champions is the best compromise I could get. His original in COH had that Jaunty "Swept V" ornament on all versions. But there's nothing like that in Champions. The closest you'll find is the "Mecha V" top option, and that's way too big and straight to work right on C8. (Works perfectly on my character Robot Ronin though. More about which later.)

So - taking into account that some of his helmet designs in City of Heroes used face/eye shields instead of the "Samurai" brim for the helmet, I went ahead and used the "Sci-Fi" close fitting helmet and visor in Champions. Coloring to match the theme, if not the details as closely as possible. Overall, I'm pleased with the design, and the fact that the texture options allow a more glossy metal look to him. (Though I'm tempted to drop that back to a more Matte look sometimes.)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:10:54 PM by Atlantea »

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 05:25:40 AM »
The first toon I made in Champions back when it launched was also a take on a COH character. But probably one few of you would have seen.

There was a time, back before the servers were all consolidated in Texas, that there were times on Virtue Server when there was TERRIBLE latency for a few months. In fact it affected the whole East coast. (May have been at least part of the reason for the server consolidation, in fact.)

During that time, my friends and I put together some alternate toons on Infinity server, which was more stable back then.

This was Stalnoy Volk, a power armor hero from Russia.

I was very definitely going for a cross between the tendency of Russian tanks and other equipment to have a "brute force" approach that shows in their lines, and yet show off a bit of the aggressive sleekness that Russian Aerospace designs have. I think I wound up with more of the "tank" than the "fighter" in this design. But I was pretty pleased with it. It's a no-nonsense look. Rather like "War Machine" from Iron Man, you know?

When Champions came out - one of the things I loved about it as compared with COH was the powered armor powers and the look of power armor in general. One of the things I think Champions DID improve on over COH was the way you could construct power armor and robots and really give them real weight and chunkiness. My first attempts at building a good looking character there were a little frustrating at first as I learned how the proportions worked. In the meantime, I knew just what character I could bring over where I wouldn't have to worry about modeling the face, at least at first.

So this is Stalnoy Volk as he first appeared in Champions.

This time a little more of the Russian Fighter Plane showed through with the design. I was really liking this. Especially since you can build yourself to be much more durable than a straight blaster in COH. In CO as power armor, you can actually build yourself as a "Ranged Tank" build. Putting the ARMOR in power armor.

Oh - and actual boot jets with the ports on the bottom of the feet - oh HELL YES.

Later I tweaked the design some more. Added the circular port on the chest when I added "Chest Beam" as a power. (Didn't make sense for there to be something firing from no port). I really like the color too, more of a "gunmetal" grey.

Have I mentioned how utterly cool the power armor weaponry is? Check out  that authentic "Itano Circus" Missile spread.

Why yes, the repulsors include a license fee to Stark Industries. But they also have a lifetime warranty!

FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!

Later I came up with a specific look tied to his "Tank" mode. This is a heavier armor to reflect more durability in Tank Stance.

And here's a "testing frame" inspired of course by the scene in Iron Man with Tony Stark in the garage testing his boot jets.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:14:41 PM by Atlantea »

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »
It's been a month since I started playing CO, yet I am still unable to get past level 10 with any of the toons I've rolled. Wherever I go, my severe altitis seems to follow. I do spend a lot of time in the character creator though. Here are two characters that actually managed to get past tutorial (yay!).

(click images to see larger versions)

Violence (freeform: supernatural claws/regeneration)

Sister of The Wind (freeform: accelerated pointy sticks/wind)

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 04:26:30 AM »
Here's some of my main hero Jason Phoenix. He's currently behind a Silver lock because I went Gold and haven't decided how long I will stay Gold, but I suspect I will eventually convert him. He was a fire/rad troller in CoH, he is The Inferno for now in CO.

Comparisons between CoH and CO for two of his costumes.

Alessa and her costumes. She used to be a claws/sr stalker.  Now she's erm... I don't even know.  Free form, most of my powers are from bestial supernatural. My passive is one of the martial arts ones, and my energy builder is from the set with claws for weapons. Yes! I am a noob, thanks for asking.

This is Obsydian Song. She was the character in CoH I built to solo AVs. She was a Dark/sonic defender.  In Champions she only has her dark powers.  I still named her Obsydian Song, though, because she's a singer as her day(night)job. And again I don't know what the sets are called that I chose for her freeform build, but I used the one that's close to dark that has holds and fears and whatnot, and the healing/blasting set. (if that makes any sense at all) You can't see it in the picture, but instead of having the feather cape, I used the bird tail which makes her look like she has a feather bustle, basically.

And here's some shots I took for fun during the winter event.

I was enamored of the Teddy Bear becomes.  It looked hilarious doing the snake dance.

Kicking butt as a teddy bear. It was SO FUN.

Merry Christmas from Sydney!

JorReno

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »
Dingoman(Level 30)

:D

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »
Dingoman ATE my BABY!

JorReno

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 04:06:15 PM »
Dingoman ATE my BABY!

You have no idea how many times i hear that while playing CO...
 :gonk:

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 02:30:49 PM »

Space-Worm Jim

not an actual toon of mine, just messing around with the cc. maybe I'll use him as a nemesis for either
Inter-Galactic Warrior

or

J'Kron

who is clearly and definetly NOT a Klingon 8)
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

UruzSix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 05:56:56 PM »
Copying over some character cards I put up on the CO-Forum. Click on the pic for a larger view!

Foxfire, the Totally '80s Saturday Morning Cartoon Fairy:

Rose Wonder, two-fisted and timeless Golden Age 'marvel':

Kometstryke, 'fixed' Praetorian Destroyer and dimension wanderer:

Flamethrower Ferret, what happens when an overimaginative teenage comic book nerd gets pyrokinetic powers:

T-34, third-generation power armored super hero:

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 02:52:29 PM »
Here's my new Munitions/Power Armor tank-mage:

lvl 16 as of now and really fun to play...no Crab Spider though, but still fun 8)
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 02:59:32 PM »
I still can't get into Champions and am now currently distracted by DCUO.

However, I'd pop into CO just to see Operative Zero in action.  The villains there ain't got nothing on Arachnos.

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »
Power Armor Freeform does provide a pretty close approximation of the Arachnos Soldiers.  Great transposition there.