Author Topic: Champions Toons Revealed  (Read 110497 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: Champions Toons Revealed
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2015, 04:48:33 AM »
The giant default size wreck it Ralph ham hands and clown shoes feat always bothered me more than anything. I made a template body I would load up everytime I made a new character so all of my characters basically have the same body. (except for a few that I want to be taller or shorter)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2015, 12:51:01 PM »
I've got a few body templates too. Huge, Beefy, Medium, Medium Small, and Giz will be my Small as soon as he gets back from melon reduction surgery. Load them up and start changing costume pieces.

Jooc and Koz (he gets costume compliments *shrug*) are Beefies, IDAK and Meaty (another CoH name snag) are Huge, Xev & Leezard are medium small (original template), everyone else but Giz are mediums. They all started from the original who I remember had real long hands before I was done with him... I spent a long time in the beginning trying to get my guys more like what I was used to in CoH.

I think what makes Jooc's head look small is that he has big armor and a plain bald head. I played around with it some before my bandwidth ran out a few days ago... *grumble* ,, and ended up leaving it. I'll probably end up finding something to emphasize it more equally eventually. Costumes never stay exactly the same as they started. Leezard is my exception. He was my first and I never have changed him and use an altered version (just swapped weapons) to play Xev.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:56:12 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2015, 06:53:36 PM »
I have screenshots of all of my characters uploaded here: http://kojirojames.deviantart.com/gallery/55704483/Champions-Online

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2015, 08:50:02 PM »
Giz got himself a jetpack and fancy jetpack neck harness thing.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2015, 02:47:27 PM »
Giz, showing some new friends the ol' shoot the kneeling badguy through the face and explode the barrel shot.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:15:39 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2015, 12:54:07 AM »
Let's see. There's the shoulder slot.. chest slot.. hand slot.....

Go go Targeting Computer!
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2015, 06:50:31 PM »
Giz and Jooc Makeovers. Giz finally came up with an awesomely fun PA build and dinged 40. Jooc got rerolled.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2015, 04:14:03 PM »
Jooc 3.0

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2015, 11:04:28 PM »
Jooc 3.5

The yellow fits a solar theme from the original Jooc who was "Solar powered, Baby!" and also brightens things up again. A psionic aura I had laying around (not seen here) fits him very well tinted yellow. I have it going off during combat for now (but I might try it always on which also looks good and combine it with electric aura during combat *shrug*) and it gives the effect I want. He starts to get the feel of the original Jooc, even.

The original Jooc started off bald with dark blue themes and glowy eyes too but ended up being in jeans, with a t-shirt, backwards hat, and that electric lollipop weapon (Titan Weapons). Joo know? This Jooc will probably end up with something similar to switch to at least.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2015, 11:35:16 PM »
'Solar' Psionic aura.

Sparkstorm gives off an aura that combines with this and I might swap Psionic to Always on and put something like legacy electric as the Combat aura. The original Jooc had multiple aura effects too.

Some Faves:

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2015, 05:54:43 AM »
I like that the bad guy in that pic looks like he's throwing his gun at Jooc. Like he blasted a whole clip at him and has now resorted to just throwing the dang thing after that didn't work.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2015, 04:11:26 AM »
Lil bit more fine tuning...

Some Faves:

Adipup

• Underling
  • interests include: dying and being dead
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2015, 08:05:46 PM »
my character in coh:

my character in champions online:

and a reference picture i drew of him for comparison:

i think the champions version is closer to how i interpret him ;D
what do you guys think?

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »
If you care about size/proportions I bet you could get even closer to your drawing with the size/proportion sliders.

He looks ~ Gizmos' (one of my toons who is 4' something)  height to me w/ ~ the same muscle tone but he has larger proportions.

Only other thing I can think of is the cape. Have you looked at the Star Power 2 cape design? From the front like in your pics?

Just tossing that out there  : ) You captured him fine as-is.
Some Faves:

Adipup

• Underling
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2015, 05:15:05 PM »
If you care about size/proportions I bet you could get even closer to your drawing with the size/proportion sliders.

He looks ~ Gizmos' (one of my toons who is 4' something)  height to me w/ ~ the same muscle tone but he has larger proportions.

Only other thing I can think of is the cape. Have you looked at the Star Power 2 cape design? From the front like in your pics?

Just tossing that out there  : ) You captured him fine as-is.

yeah, i've been meaning to tweak his proportions a little more than i already have, but thanks for the feedback! :)
i won't be at my pc again until the 23rd, but i'll make sure to try your idea for the cape when i do

also, to give you an idea of what i'm going for with the design: i imagine my character being muscular yet a little chubby

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2015, 10:51:16 PM »

also, to give you an idea of what i'm going for with the design: i imagine my character being muscular yet a little chubby

The muskels look right to me and you've already captured his look but if you are trying to match the overall size/proportion I really think shortening him a foot or so and increasing his mass a little might do the trick.

It's too bad there isn't a deeper purple skin tone. I tried 'full masks'/cloth skin with a deep purple and black emo hair and 'simple' mask for the eyes and liked the face color better but I couldn't find stubble and didn't see a way to uncover the facemask from his lips. 
Some Faves:

Adipup

• Underling
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2015, 03:12:39 PM »
The muskels look right to me and you've already captured his look but if you are trying to match the overall size/proportion I really think shortening him a foot or so and increasing his mass a little might do the trick.

It's too bad there isn't a deeper purple skin tone. I tried 'full masks'/cloth skin with a deep purple and black emo hair and 'simple' mask for the eyes and liked the face color better but I couldn't find stubble and didn't see a way to uncover the facemask from his lips. 

i guess i can't really make him shorter since i have a set height for him (6'2"), and i think the colours are fine? my art style is pretty cartoonish but i'm trying to make my character fit into the more realistic style of the mmo, so i suppose the proportions are fine too???

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2015, 03:40:03 PM »
I hear ya. I didn't know if you were trying to duplicate your drawing as well as possible....or....if it was more of a representation of the spirit of what you have in mind - which is an image only you know and we must imagine.

As one who is interpreting your drawing and the spirit you transferred to CO and CoH.... I would say you got it on both of your toons and they both have pluses and minuses in comparison to each other and the spirit I interpret in your drawing. Of course you have to be the final judge.

One thing I've noticed in CO is that just one or two uncommon costume pieces can really make a difference. One of my main guys wears 40G worth of Takofones (3) pieces  (that he won in drops and put on and I said OH HEY that's what I needed...) and he finally has a lot more of the look I had in my mind and was trying to create when I made him. Not that this applies to you at all.. Just saying.. It's early. I ramble.

Hat's off to people that are gifted with Costume Creators.. It takes me years per toon to get a look I like.

oh btw....

my art style is pretty cartoonish but i'm trying to make my character fit into the more realistic style of the mmo

Whaaa? What mmo are you playing? (I'm jiving with you don't get mad..) There are some way cool cartoon/out of this world looking toons in CO. If you made your toon look exactly(ish) like your drawing I think it would be pretty cool.

Sorry, I skimmed over that part on the first read  : )
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 03:48:53 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Adipup

• Underling
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2015, 08:38:56 AM »
i see your point :) i guess i'll get to a near perfect point with my toons eventually

again, thanks for all the advice too

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2015, 02:20:15 PM »
I'm surprised no one else has chimed in yet but then again it's been quiet lately. It's fun fooling around with the costume creator sometimes but I have to be inspired and mostly still only have a small fraction of the costume pieces available in game.

Anyway, don't forget to try out that cape : ) I think you'll like it from the front but the back may not be what you want.

Yw again! My pleasure.
Some Faves: