Author Topic: a dream: Outbreak 2013  (Read 1336 times)

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
a dream: Outbreak 2013
« on: December 17, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »
Had my first (and probably not last) CoH dream this morning.  Very clear.  Most ironic:  it might have been the start of a pretty decent AE arc. :/

My main hero, Miss Megajoule (see icon) was leading a few rookies in clearing out a Vahzilok lair when it turns out that some of the zombies are the more cinematic and infectious kind.  A couple of the new heroes get bit and at least partially turned, but the situation is finally contained (it helps to have an experienced hero with force fields around).  But Julie's been through this scenario before, in simulation (this is where I namecheck the classic AE arc "Blight"), and knows that it's a race against time to find the source of the zombie plague before it pops up again, somewhere in the city of heroes, and kills the world.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:40:53 PM by Megajoule »

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: a dream: Outbreak 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »
If it was me having the dream, I would have immediately thought "But being bitten by a Frankenstein monster won't turn you into a Frankenstein monster. What terrible writing!" And then I'd start looking for typos to hold against the author of the AE arc. Around the time I'd have these awesome violent teases lined up and ready for deployment, I'd wake up.

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »
Yes, well.   The idea was that something the Doctor or one of his followers was playing with got away from him (again), resulting in the typical (for the genre, not so for Paragon) Romero-style zombie disease.  No one was expecting or prepared for that when they went in, just the usual organleggers and meat-puppets, and it was only with some luck and quick thinking that this outbreak was stopped.  Now, you have to make sure that all of it is found and destroyed before it can spread.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:25:17 AM by Megajoule »

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 11:02:32 PM »
Hmm....

*scribble scribble scribble*

Outbreak 2.0!!!