Author Topic: What song are you listening to?  (Read 129046 times)

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
Re: What song are you listening to?
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2013, 04:14:07 AM »
Pentatonix and Lindsey Stirling's cover of "Radioactive"

Infinitely better then the official release and actually makes me want to make a Fallout Tribute Video set to this song.

And of course, the song that never ceases to put a smile on my face...

Electric Daisy Violin by Lindsey Stirling
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2013, 12:45:02 PM »
But Youtube Judy's Milk, and you'll see what I was playing.
/The song is innocent.  It's totally about milk, like in a store, but people gotta put stuff in the video so kids and the easily offended can't watch it. Grr.
I totally know what you mean.  Madison Avenue et al have a crazy notion of what sells 100% of the time--even when it don't.  I'm all for Freedom and Liberty but every once in a while I like living in a world not informed by Beavis & Butthead sensibilities, though they have their place too.

Didn't notice Trip's song under the pic. Reminded me that Tarzan was my son's first go-to-the-movies-movie. The soundtrack was so damn loud he cried and we had to leave.
  I've not seen this Tarzan movie yet, but I imagine it is as fun and joyous as Disney's Hercules.  Yeah, the movie houses often crank the audio so loud that for the past several years I often bring a pair of earplugs and will use them during the very loudest scenes--and ironically almost never miss a line of dialogue--and can enjoy ear-splitting explosions at the muted level.   ;)

I was gonna post a URL to the Desiderata for what I am presently listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsoET6xcapE but while this version is groovy I am not certain it qualifies as music. (I'd have sworn there was a music version in my youth, but that may be mere wishful thinking.... )  So, my brain had little trouble coming up with a song I enjoy and you might as well IF you are in the mood for Alan Parsons Project Justin Hayward "Forever Autumn" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCdlX-5UjE inspired by CoH and snowflakes dancing outside my window May 3rd, which will be yet another record in this prairie town.

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2013, 12:48:55 PM »
Pentatonix and Lindsey Stirling's cover of "Radioactive"

Infinitely better then the official release and actually makes me want to make a Fallout Tribute Video set to this song.

And of course, the song that never ceases to put a smile on my face...

Electric Daisy Violin by Lindsey Stirling
Thanks, Rust!!!  That Electric Daisy Violin definitely cheered me up a LOT!!!!  Awesome!!!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxIOUJ7by6U is what I am listening to now!  (Highly recommended.)  8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2013, 06:39:27 AM »
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2013, 07:30:07 AM »
Iron Maiden duet on harps
Thanks the URL, Floride; I have a friend who'll love this!  Naturally I had to check out the twins' harp version of "Stairway to Heaven" (a lovely interpretation) but what I am currently rocking out to is there electric harp version of the Dr. Who theme:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R061gfebd7Q

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2013, 08:40:16 AM »
And now I am listening to this ("The Tale of Sir Robin" by Monty Python)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SJ0xR2_bQ  (And, no, you probably don't want to know how I got  there.)   ;D

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2013, 10:09:12 AM »
(Yup, I still have the upper respiratory crud but I am getting better!  *cues theme music*  "Soon this viral visitor shall be a thing of the past.")  Meanwhile for reasons not worth explaining I found myself listening to this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJ0jFFkvjc  "Call Me" by Blondie.   8)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:41 AM »
Tragically Hip - New Orleans

Classic Canadian rock, baby. Awww yeah. 8)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2013, 09:31:20 PM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2013, 01:45:39 PM »
what I am currently rocking out to is there electric harp version of the Dr. Who theme:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R061gfebd7Q
Glad ya like it. I'm always on the hunt for the unusual - like these guys:
Rock Sugar - Don't Stop the Sandman.
You can't help but chuckle when the first verse starts  ;D
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »
I still have this song going thru my head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss1CXo8QMi8  "Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry.... "    ;D

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2013, 03:48:38 PM »
Today I'm listening to the opening track from season 3 of ReBoot, a James-Bond-y little number called Firewall.

Mmmmmm, ReBoot. Om nom nom nom nom.

Yes... I am geek, hear me roar. <playsfx "ChewbaccaAngry.ogg">

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2013, 04:23:51 PM »
Glad ya like it. I'm always on the hunt for the unusual - like these guys:
Rock Sugar - Don't Stop the Sandman.
You can't help but chuckle when the first verse starts  ;D

Thank you for this. Words cannot express. Just... thank you.

*emails you a big plate of fresh baked cookies*

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2013, 03:25:44 AM »
Under the heading of I Never Claimed To Be Normal here is what I am presently listening to and loving.  Note that while I think this musical performance is not quite as awe-inspiring as Marilyn Monroe was in Bus Stop it is nearly that good.

Here s the URL to "Stayin' Alive" as performed by Jo Stafford (posing as torch singer Darlene Edwards).  EXTREME CAUTION URGED!!!!!  Listening to this may cause damage without opportunity to roll a saving throw.  Additionally, listening to this may cause hilarity to ensue, again possibly without the opportunity to resist effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8do_Vsc4Frw&NR=1&feature=endscreen

*muses to self, "I wonder which of these emoticons stands for /em pokerface"?*

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2013, 06:47:57 AM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #215 on: May 11, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »
Allegory - Murray Attaway
Thanks!  I quite enjoyed that!  :)   Reminds me a bit of Jethro Tull and a few other musicians from days of yore!    :D

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2013, 06:13:12 PM »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2013, 11:17:20 PM »
Monster Magnet - 19 Witches
Kewl, Nos!   8)

I bet you can see why the title alone reminded me of this old song:  "The Twelve Witches" by Steeleye Span (apparently from 1976 even)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-YsyizOnxE

Also, I guess this is as good a thread as any to say, my fellow Titan comrades, that it seems very likely I am going to need to be taking a break from Titan Network forums because, well, I now have more on my plate than is comfortable and, well, I gotta take care of business and personal matters and all that.

Keep the AWESOME alive and going!  I'll be back when I can as soon as I can but realistically this Real LifeTM may be chewing seriously into my play time on Titan for somewhere between weeks and months.   /em holdtorch

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #218 on: May 11, 2013, 11:37:50 PM »
Luck in RL, JR.

Heads Will Roll- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2013, 12:41:02 AM »
Also, I guess this is as good a thread as any to say, my fellow Titan comrades, that it seems very likely I am going to need to be taking a break from Titan Network forums because, well, I now have more on my plate than is comfortable and, well, I gotta take care of business and personal matters and all that.

Keep the AWESOME alive and going!  I'll be back when I can as soon as I can but realistically this Real LifeTM may be chewing seriously into my play time on Titan for somewhere between weeks and months.   /em holdtorch

Yeah that Real Life thing can be a serious nuisance sometimes. I keep waiting for a new patch so I can upgrade. No luck yet, but one day!

Considering what thread we're in, I think a little ditty is only fitting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OKNJLcnGh4

JR, me lad, do whatcha gotta do. Seeya when you get back! :) *big wave*