Author Topic: Thought I'd share this video...  (Read 1606 times)

Ultimate15

• Boss
Thought I'd share this video...
« on: December 28, 2012, 03:58:56 AM »
Hey there, folks!

I've been trolling this site for a while now just  to keep myself in the loop with any/all efforts to get our game back. I played COH for a solid eight years and I miss it TERRIBLY. Like...serious withdraw here, people. Especially around this time of year with the the ski chalet and stuff? *sniffles* This game legit lives in all of us and these memories aren't going anywhere; ergo, I commend and applaud each and every one of you whose dedicated so much time and energy in going above and beyond to revive COH. You are the true heroes here, and I just wanted to let you know that your efforts aren't going unnoticed. Not at all. 

Call me an optimist, but I actually think it will happen. *hurriedly knocks on wood before anyone can say anything*  ;D

ANYWHO. I found this video while scowering Youtube tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRsj2DtLCQs. I think it's a great piece that really embodies who we are as a community and represents just how much this game meant to all of us. It's kinda simple, but I think it could be VERY effective if fallen into the right hands? I dunno. Just spitting out ideas here.

Let me know what you think!
Viva la Virtue!

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Thought I'd share this video...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 05:02:26 AM »
I'm pretty sure most of us were aware of this video since most of us are in it (it's the collective assemblage of players from all of the instances of Atlas Park during the rally).   Thank you anyway.   It's been featured on MMO web sites discussing the rally in September as well as a CNN iReport IIRC.  It was even partially shown on a Russian gamer news video blog of all things.  Leandro is one of the very clever demo mode video artists who post here and came up with the means to quickly populate arbitrary shapes with crowds of characters (I wish I could find his video tutorial with a link to his tools again, all google links point back to the old forums).  You can see an example of it's use clearly in this video by another wonderful video artist, Angelus Animi.  Actually I wanted to show you the Paragon Studios logo made of a crowd of characters but it was just one of the many screenshots posted on but now lost when the old forums closed.

Anywho, if you like to see a nice collection check out City of Heroes Tube, you should be able to find more great work there.  Personally I think the site needs to have a rating system with tear drops instead of stars.  And beware of ninja onions.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »
Actually I wanted to show you the Paragon Studios logo made of a crowd of characters but it was just one of the many screenshots posted on but now lost when the old forums closed.

Still available on Google's web cache.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 03:31:23 PM »
Thank you.  Saved now.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 04:15:05 PM »
Thanks for the response you two! When I was first watching the video, I was all "...You know, the majority of people on Titan have PROBABLY already seen this video. But I'mma share ANYWAY."  :P Just watching it makes me super nostalgic.

And I've actually seen the logo picture before. Very cool.

PS - I'm playing Champions and there isn't a costume icon in their version of Pocket D. It's a sick, sad world.

Viva la Virtue!

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 08:01:56 AM »
I had not seen that video--and that was AMAZING. :D Thank you for sharing!