Author Topic: CoH as legitimate therapy  (Read 4014 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: CoH as legitimate therapy
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »
This argument has more traction (imo) IF it can be demonstrated that CoH has uniquely therapeutic purposes not found elsewhere.

I think that's a pretty tall order even before one gets to designing and conducting a rigorous academic study - and those often require grants or other funding.

City of Heroes remains my MMORPG of choice.  It stinks that I can no longer log in and enjoy it.  Does anyone feel like posting about therapeutic benefits unique to playing CoH?

There are at least a couple of parents over in the Testimonials thread with autistic kids who responded to CoH in a way they did not respond to other videogames.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 06:08:03 PM »
There are at least a couple of parents over in the Testimonials thread with autistic kids who responded to CoH in a way they did not respond to other videogames.

I did read the Testimonials thread; it was moving.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 02:04:53 AM »
The bolded part is mine, of course.

In the EULA, in all of section 11, and specifically parts 11(iv) and 11(v), cover their indemnity from any real world benefits OR harm.  Ergo, they're not gonna bring anything back because it helps anyone.  And they're not responsible if it hurts them either. 

I know... I was gonna use that to try to stop them, but they wuz too sarmt for me.  Curse you, legal document, curse youuuuu....! - Zim(ish)

/I could use a little therapy right now in using BH to beat the tar outta a Rikti Pylon in yet another attempt to beat it into submission with Brawl...
//Needed moar powah...
///Not that someone couldn't try.. but I highly doubt they'll listen at this point.
Ah but you forget the power of public pressure....when news stories appear about the heartless game company that is refusing to help trauma patients and crippled kids.  Mainstream news stories...

No no, I didn't forget that.  I was more sayin' that it's in the EULA.  Although I probably should have used "unlikely they'll" instead of "they're not gonna". 

I am sincerely hoping they'll cave.  I don't know if they will, but hope is always in the box.

/Pressure... pushin' down on NC... comin' down from you, which they've asked for...
//My apologies to Queen, David Bowie, and Vanilla Ice... wait...