Author Topic: Account information still existing, server fate undecided  (Read 9706 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: Account information still existing, server fate undecided
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 03:23:15 PM »
"Blue Beetle?"

Nope! That would be "BWAH HAH HAAWWWHHH!" It's right here on page three of the evil laughs textbook. That's what you get for sleeping in class.

Ironically, I was reading a chemistry book during that class. :)

If the servers were virtuallized (or, really, regardless of that), they most likely were making regular image backups to a networked storage drive. That sort of drive tends to fill up quickly, but, if it's not getting those images, anymore, the likelihood of the images being deleted for space goes down considerably. The people in charge of managing those sorts of things tend to be overworked, so it would be very easy for the images to be saved more from absent-mindedness than altruism or any kind of emotional or business attachment to them.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Account information still existing, server fate undecided
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 03:55:59 PM »
While this is very interesting, it seems to me that the part here:

You must know that we can't erase a game account.

The reason is that the registering of an access code on an account is permanent.

...relates more to a master NCSoft account - i.e., you can't delete the CoH registration from it, and every time you log in (if you log in) to your plaync.com it will have your CoH account info.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame