Author Topic: Memoriam to CoH at CheatCode Central  (Read 2616 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Memoriam to CoH at CheatCode Central
« on: December 08, 2012, 09:48:13 AM »
http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/dispatches/43#.UMML2neBp8F

This is huge.

Don't worry, my caped companions, I have Rae on it already, contacting him with SaveCoH and the Hail Mary TF.  But it won't hurt to have YOU back her up!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: Memoriam to CoH at CheatCode Central
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »
From the comments section, I'm noticing that there's still people shocked to hear this news. Can anyone think of new outlets we can brainstorm in to keep people in the loop? Anything at all? I want every man, woman, and child who ever logged in to an MMO or squeezed the mouse-trigger on a digital weapon to hear about this closure, and how it was mishandled!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 04:22:20 PM »
Emailed, linked to every website, news article and press release we've ever run.

Do we think sending a photo of my girl parts would help, or hinder getting him on board? ;)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
Emailed, linked to every website, news article and press release we've ever run.

Do we think sending a photo of my girl parts would help, or hinder getting him on board? ;)
Depends on the caption.  ;)

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 05:37:57 PM »
Another well-written article about the demise of our beloved game. And wow, the author even mentioned "Freedom Force".
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 05:43:56 PM »

* DrakeGrimm bites tongue, leaves thread >.>;
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 06:52:31 PM »
Another well-written article about the demise of our beloved game. And wow, the author even mentioned "Freedom Force".
Freedom Force! Never got to play that game. :( it had Kirby box art didn't it?
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 07:02:21 PM »
The entire game's art style was an homage to Kirby.

Oh! For those of y'all who saw Argo, Jack Kirby did those art-boards. How the filmmakers thought the creator of The Avengers and Captain America didn't merit a mention is beyond me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:33:41 PM by Colette »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 07:21:19 PM »
Probably a time thing. Affleck is almost as big a nerd as Kevin Smith. Who knows? Maybe there will even be a deleted scene on the DVD. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 03:56:01 PM »

Toooo funny! Good idea though!

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 07:02:05 PM »

I think a photo of your elbows would add hilariously to the narrative.

Oh wait...you said GIRL parts. Silly me!
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/