Author Topic: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game  (Read 120229 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game
« Reply #440 on: October 26, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
Wedding Band was one of the BEST temp powers in the game, and especially helpful  when soloing squishy characters.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #441 on: October 28, 2013, 02:42:12 AM »
Hmmmm, I cannot find any temp powers starting with the letter X - and I looked http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Temporary_Powers

So, I guess I had better trick out my radiation blasting X-Ray Beam with an IO enhancement set!  :D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #442 on: October 28, 2013, 05:38:26 AM »
Wedding Band was one of the BEST temp powers in the game, and especially helpful  when soloing squishy characters.
Somewhere along the line we strayed from recipes to, idk, temps and IO's? - LOL. But I agree, I loved this little power. The Wedding Band was a real bonus when soloing a squishy (and many non-squishies even) to 50. I would turn off XP just so I wouldn't pass that arc since the Ouro version of it didn't last very long.
Although I would've picked the Winter's Gift proc personally, since I had it on half my toons.

There are no "Y" recipes so... I'm gonna go hunt Penelope Yin. Well, not to kill her. I woudn't do THAT. Just find her and trail her. But not in a stalking sorta way, just... oh NM!  :-[
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #443 on: October 28, 2013, 11:55:58 AM »
Well, I came up with Perfect Zinger for a recipe...if you are going to taunt a baddie, it might as well be perfect!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #444 on: October 30, 2013, 02:36:03 PM »
Time to start a new hunt...how about one of your FAVORITE THINGS from any season or holiday? I will start with apple blossoms in the spring, especially those on the grounds surrounding my State Capitol of Olympia.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #445 on: October 31, 2013, 12:31:30 PM »
Great topic, Healix - thanks! 

This is gonna seem odd, but go with me, ok?  My favorite thing about most holidays is BACON!

For almost any holiday, I'm "required" to bring my deviled eggs - which are a bit spicier than most recipes (chipotle mustard being a key ingredient), but I always top my deviled eggs with crumbled bacon. The heck with paprika - let's get BACON in there!! 

Secondly, we spend Yule with friends who have a "wake up the sun" ritual every Solstice (we live in the cold north of Illinois - they live in the even colder south of Wisconsin which is north of us) after which we make breakfast and exchange gifts and play games.  Almost everyone brings a pound of bacon to cook up in that breakfast time...the house smells wonderful!  It's a good time of friends, fun and bacon - how can you go wrong??
/em holdtorch

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #446 on: October 31, 2013, 09:19:06 PM »
(Mersine, thanks for sharing that wonderful Yule tradition...the smell of bacon is great, but you are able to associate it with some of the best times in life!)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #447 on: November 06, 2013, 03:38:15 AM »
Cake.  For birthdays.  Which is sorta a holiday, right?  But can be had at Christmas or Thanksgiving or Fourth of July or Easter or...

Anyway, Cake.  Especially if it's a strawberry with buttercreme icing.  Or an ice cream cake with strawberry ice cream around the white or yellow cake.  Or maybe just yellow cake with chocolate ganache.  But yeah, strawberry and buttercreme. 

OMG yum.

I know... I've had it done for me. :)

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #448 on: November 08, 2013, 12:27:11 AM »
Here in Washington State we have a Daffodil Festival and parade every year! It's been a part of my life since my earliest memories,so those flowers are special to me.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #449 on: November 13, 2013, 04:55:24 PM »
Favorite thing from any season?

Electric guitars - the sound of the summer. Booyah.

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsTc0MdC2DI
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #450 on: November 14, 2013, 09:17:01 AM »
The smell of a real Fir Tree at Christmas.....nothing like it.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #451 on: March 12, 2014, 04:00:33 PM »
Green Beer on St. Pattie's day.

Bottoms up!
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #452 on: March 14, 2014, 07:00:06 PM »
Hearts on Valentine's day   (NOT Valentimes.. :o )

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #453 on: October 13, 2014, 11:37:52 PM »

Iced Lemonade to carry one through those Hot August Nights.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #454 on: October 15, 2014, 10:17:26 PM »
The smell in the air (in Fall) of people using their firplaces

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #455 on: March 17, 2015, 02:18:53 AM »
I guess that that was J.
So my favorite thing is kittens.
Yes, kittens all furry and purring.
Bar-bee-queued or baked, nothing beats kittens.

--- ALF

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #456 on: March 17, 2015, 02:54:57 PM »
Laser beams on Christmas Eve.

....What?  :o

No, really. LASER BEAMS ON CHRISTMAS EVE.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #457 on: March 17, 2015, 04:17:17 PM »
...Go....Hunt Kill Skuls? No-one?  :P

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #458 on: March 18, 2015, 01:30:00 AM »
My favorite thing, "I hate mieces to pieces", yeah some of those old cartoons.
Oh but we're on M or N or something.
I like money.
I like noodles.

There, P to you, the letter not the vegatable, or whatever.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #459 on: March 19, 2015, 04:08:15 AM »
My favorite thing is Perez Park.